• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Do we want more or less of Bo Dallas?

It's...Baylariat!

Team Finnley Baylor
Simple question. Bo Dallas seems to draw some decent heat from the crowd, but I don't seem him enough to know if he's doing any good in regards to building a rapport with the fans or getting into some heated rivalries.

Then I see he's starting to target Jack Swagger... and I'm not too happy with this.

What are your thoughts?

I think they have him pegged pretty well. He gets a segment on both weekly shows most times and it isn't always just a squash match. He doesn't have any real upside, he's comedy fodder and he's good at it. He'll keep annoying Swagger to the point that people will actually want to see Swagger kick his ass.

Yes I think people actually love Bo Dallas but not in the ways that we may think, I want to see Bo Dallas get his ass kicked but at the same time he is just so funny to watch it does not even matter the match or the segment he's in, he makes it entertaining

Oh I definitely want more of Bo, He is by far one of the most entertaining new characters of the 2010s in my opinion. He is a third Generation superstar, He does have that annoying heel character factor. He is definitely a Must Watch superstar.:worship:

I cant help it,I like Bo Dallas. He is way more entertaining than Adam Rose who i throw into the same class as hornswoggle.. You wanna see Bo Dallas get his ass kicked,but he is funny and very entertaining.. I actually think he somehow will beat Jack Swagger when they meet. He draws heat mostly because hes an ass

Quite honestly I've never been that much impressed by him. I find his running around the ring very AJ reminiscent. The only time it made me laugh was when he knocked over El Torito. And he reminds me too much of his brother. He need s a different look, maybe cut his hair. But all in all, I just can't BO-LIEVE right now.

There's just enough of Bo.
He's entertaining.
I don't want to see him as a main event guy or anything but I do enjoy his segments and I hope he's around for a while.

More. Not necessarily matches, but his segments are a must. His "All you've got to do is Bo-lieve!" segments have the potential to do the same thing for him that Bad News Barrett's frequent "I'm afraid I've got some bad news!" segments did for Barrett. They just have to keep coming.

No more no less. I thin he has just about the appropriate amount of screen time for his character. His matches are short and he pops up during his opponent's matches to taunt him. Obviously he is meant as a lower card heel and his troll routine is entertaining in small doses. Too much and it gets bad enough to switch the channel.

More. Not necessarily matches, but his segments are a must. His "All you've got to do is Bo-lieve!" segments have the potential to do the same thing for him that Bad News Barrett's frequent "I'm afraid I've got some bad news!" segments did for Barrett. They just have to keep coming.
At least you have a certain believability with Barrett. Barrett is funny in a serious way that is entertaining. Bo Dallas comes off as a smarmy kid that you just wish would go away. That segment with the three people in Iowa that Swagger "let down" was horrendous to the point where I had to mute the cable. Do I want to see Swagger kick his ass? No. Do I want ANYONE INCLUDING SWAGGER to hurt, maim and cripple Bo Dallas just to permanently get him off my screen? HELL YEAH!

He's the PERFECT mid-card heel jobber.

I don't think (hope) there is anyway he is going to be credible enough - with his over-the-top gimmick and his cheesy expressions - to be in WWE World Heavyweight Title contention at any time.

I don't really think he is championship material at all, even mid-card titles. If he does win any I hope it is just the US title because, given that he is so easy to want to see someone kick his ass, a US title feud where he is the champion talking down to his challenger(s) and then seeing them actually beat him for the title would be pretty satisfying.

Of course, it would be just as satisfying to see him lose personal feuds against a range of different Superstars.

So, do I want to see more or less of Bo Dallas? I guess a little more. Enough that a feud he is in is developed to the point where you can see why he's feuding with someone and have reason to care about it but not so much of him that he is taking up time for more credible Superstars in feuds for the US, IC and World titles.

I hope the WWE has seen that he is not credible for main events but he is great for that mid-card feud. I mean, honestly, how do you start your career on a win streak and have it snapped by R-Truth, out of no where and with no foreseeable pay off, and then be taken super seriously on a main event level? Not likely.

But he's fun to hate and see beat up. Just like The Miz.

I want the same. I am finally starting yo enjoy him. He is the right level of funny and annoying. His feud with Swagger is just right. It is not thrown together but not too serious. And it entertains. Hopefully they can keep it going without making him too weak or too strong.

No more no less. I thin he has just about the appropriate amount of screen time for his character. His matches are short and he pops up during his opponent's matches to taunt him.

Can't say it any better than that. During an era in which wrestling fans are constantly complaining that nothing new ever comes down the pike.....here's something new. No, it's not the second coming of the Ultimate Warrior, but it's a young talent who has been given a persona that has a combination of elements we've rarely encountered. Sure, those of you who like to argue will name someone who's done something similar, but I maintain Bo is bringing his own flavor to the proceedings, making me wonder exactly how far he can take this gimmick. I'm starting to like what he's bringing, which is something I wouldn't have said two months ago.

A few weeks back, we were reading rumors that Vince McMahon was already sick of the gimmick, and sure enough, Bo was excluded from a couple shows.....and then, he was defeated cleanly for the first time. Now, though, he's back and at it again. Creative seems to have added a couple of wrinkles to the act, such as Bo appearing at the top stage, talking to his (presumed) future victim, whereas he previously did all his schtick from the ring. Also, he now shows up during other people's matches, which he wasn't doing before.

I still want to puke when I see him smile, but that's probably the way a lot of folks feel.....and it's the effect intended by the company, no?

Still, I think he's appearing as often as he should. Bo is never going to be main event level, so it isn't necessary for him to be a regular feature on every show. Leave things as they are.

If it ain't broke........

I think he hasn't even reached all that he can do with the gimmick as a heel. I think he can be way more annoying/entertaining.

I'm not too pleased that R-Truth had to end his streak but that's just WWE having to clue or planning for talent, like always so I'm not surprised.

It's good that he and Swagger are feuding as now that he has lost to Rusev a few times he needs something to keep him relevant and not just dissapear in the shuffle. The CRS guys complained about this feud but I think it is the right feud right now. Bo wasn't doing jack anyway and needed a feud with a somewhat relevant guy.

I think he is being given a decent amount of time. I mean he is been given a feud, he's always been given promo time. But I think it's enough. They shouldn't force him too much. Just give him smth decent to do and let him show if he's got it or not. I have to say, he has the best smile for a heel.

I'm not sure. I thought he was annoying in the wrong way (like how I feel about Adam Rose) and he never sold me as a badass wrestler. He didn't seem especially strong, fast and his matches were too short to suggest high stamina. His technical skills looked alright, but not great enough to put him over as a wrestle god.

But he did grow on me and I started to enjoy the things that got on my nerves. I even really liked how he took his loss to R-Truth. Many thought that was a bad move by WWE, but while they might be right, I loved it. But if we got more of him, it might be a bit much. This is how I feel about most real gimmicky wrestlers though, including Bray Wyatt. When I saw Bray feud with Bryan or the Shield, I wanted more of him. Then he feuded with Cena, got more screen-time and his promos were more elaborate and I suddenly wanted less of him.

My biggest issue with Bo right now, at least based on his recent Ryder squash, is that he's no selling heavy looking attacks. Ryder looked like he was hitting him hard, but Bo immediately popped back up. Guys like Rusev have the right build for it, but Bo does not. But Bo also needs to have a longer match so we can see the extent of his abilities. (I don't watch NXT, so I can't vouch for how good or bad he was on that program)

I think the streak ending was a good thing because it was overshadowing the gimmick of the character. The streak was becoming the gimmick. Bo is the heel Cena we want but don't deserve.

Bo Dallas is that scrawny little turd in the back of the locker room at the top of the rankings that seems to beat everyone without doing anything fancier than a headlock. When he talks his voice is annoying. He basically is everything you'd want in a cowardly heel. This type of character has unlimited mileage if you tap into the whole delusional side of his personality. All he needs now are a few people to start Bo-Lieving and we got the best midcard faction since the right to censor.

His voice irritates me to the point I have to fast forward. He also face the kind of face I could happily punch.....

Perfect heel then.

Like him, the gimmick is original...he seems to incite a reaction from people whether it be good or bad... he and Adam Rose were "deployed" at the same time after running their promo vignettes for however many weeks and Bo seems to have caught on and gotten to the point of a real midcard feud and well... we see what's happened with Adam Rose (disastrous gimmick failure). The one thing I didn't like about Bo was his finisher "The Running Bo-Dog" but I'm kind of getting used to it.

I am a bo-liever.

Bo Dallas is good in the ring and good on the microphone. His gimmick of an inspirational guy who is really a cheater is great. Now he just needs to keep it up, grow some muscles, create a trademark (like hhh sledge or Austins beer), and stay funny.
Guy's got a bright future I think.

I am a bo-liever.

Bo Dallas is good in the ring and good on the microphone. His gimmick of an inspirational guy who is really a cheater is great. Now he just needs to keep it up, grow some muscles, create a trademark (like hhh sledge or Austins beer), and stay funny.
Guy's got a bright future I think.

The guy does have a future and he's already got the trademark in his lap around the ring. He's a guy that needed a character to really get anywhere because Bo Dallas the wrestler really isn't much to see. It'll help when he gets something better than the Bodog as well but that's a different topic. This is a good way to start though and I'm digging the character so far. He totally sells the character stuff and that's the most important thing he can do.

He was annoying before, and now they put him into a feud with Generic McGeneric and he can't shine even when compared to him. God please less.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back