Do surprises in wrestling bring ratings usually?

dwith

Pre-Show Stalwart
Now WWE & TNA both have surprises, and special "unannounced" guests that they advertise, but never tell you who they are... I suppose in this belief that they are trying to get people to tune in, that maybe normally wouldn't to get the ratings' Now TNA does it a whole lot compared to WWE.

For instance...when Jeff Hardy showed up last year on jan 4th. To me if they would have advertised JEFF HARDY for that show, they would have had a ton more fan's tuning in to see his debut. or Rob Van dam.. same thing, no advertisement.

To me speculation doesn't alway's mean anything great.. Sometimes I just think"If it were that important of a person they would tell us, so people know, and will want to tune in too see them.

WWE with the RAW GENERAL MANAGER skit has gone way too long. I could careless about who it is - now.. which I think WWE doesn't really have one, and that they are just using this to move the storyline along until they find the right person for the job. If I had to pick the one person I think it's going to be I would have to say it is going to be Michael Cole, but your guess is as good as mine. But I have absolutely no interest in it now. Now the whole
2-21-11 scenerio drew more viewer's for alot of reason's. Woth the ROCK already being announced for his return..spiked the ratings through the roof because people already knew, I don't think rating would have changed much if it had been surprise.

WWE does it less than they used to and TNA does it more than they need to...but do the surprises really help for a new signing of a wrestler, or is it just better business to advertise the surprise, and skip the non-suspense of it all?

When was Rock annouced?
I still think the Raw GM thing was a quick fix to Bret Hart having to leave and they just made that on the fly.

But you can't just have one, you need both. For example, Bret Hart. When he returned it wouldn't have made sense to have him come unannounced. But when Bret returned (the second time, to be on Cena's team) it made much more sense not to advertise him.

Both have their advantages and disadvantage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back