• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Do Sites Like WrestleZone Make Wrestlers' Problems Bigger?

Odisho

PISTOL PETE
here me out, im gonna use jeff and matt hardy as an example, when matt hardy got in a car accident, sites like wrestlezone tell the whole world about it, and right away everybody starts bashing matt hardy and bullying him. if wrestle zone and other internet sites hadn't reported this, matt hardys problem would have been between his family&freinds, and they would have solved their problems by themselfs, and hardy could have returned to action.

Jeff hardy, he was fired from wwe for being addicted to drugs(i think pain killers) and wwe hadnt told any fan about that, and made cm punk the reason jeff was ''forced to retire'' and he would have solved with his problems in private. once the story about why he got fired was on the internet, right away his problems got even bigger with internet fans bashing, and putting so much pressure on him, same with matt.

when we call them, ''meth hardy'' and ''fatt hardy, it puts pressure on them to try and make excuses on their videos, with people calling them names and calling them washed up, imagine how that must hurt them. same people like razor ramon, hulk hogan, rob van dam(i dont have a problem with rvd, it not like hes addicted or anything)

so my question is, do we wrestling fans make wrestlers problems bigger for them?

Isn't that what the internet is supposed to do? Over exaggerate news events or lies to the limit.

People discussing events anywhere on the internet( including wrestlezone) always make news seem more dramatic. The sad thing is that casual fans may not eve ln know of these situations because they don't search wrestling news. Wich is why beniot death came casandra extreme shock to me

Does WrestleZone make a situation so much bigger?

My honest opinion:
Yes, because they seem to exaggerate too much. No, because they take a day before realizing they haven't posted anything yet so instead they post a Tweet.

Like the guy above said, its what the internet does.

Deaths and drug related issues (see Chris Benoit and/or Matt Hardy) are exaggerated till death to get an opinion over. The Chris Benoit story on the internet led to McMahon going on national television and being interviewed by a thick bitch who had no clue what the word drug or wrestling meant. Hell, when they were going through wrestlers dying because of drugs, when the screen said The British Bulldog, there was a picture of Owen Hart, and they're a News company. Hmmm?

Point is it is why these sites are here and what the News programs are for, to exaggerate and get people interested or shitting themselves.

Yes, that is part of being in the public eye. It is not always nice or fair but we are entitled to our opinions.

No wrestler has to listen to a word we say. If they choose to look at people's comments they should do so with the understanding that they may not like what they see. If they were smart they would read through the comments, sort out the complete bullshit and find the messages that will help them lead a more fulfilling life.

Not everything on the internet is useless opinion, there is truth in the perception of the IWC. If wrestlers don't like it they should not search it out or not do things that would make others write so negatively.

I have no sympathy for the men you mentioned above when it comes to the abuse they get from the internet. They are grown men who chose and had success in a career in the public eye and have done some messed up things to receive the criticism.

To OP: Technically the CM Punk thing happened because Jeff didn't want to re-sign, most likely because of the drugs, but that's another story.

I don't think they blow it up too much like you say, but to a certain extent they could relax. Like the whole Jeff, Matt, and Beth taser thing? That was blown out of proportion. But they have to realize that when you post something on the internet, it's can be seen by everyone, and when you're famous like they are, even more people are likely to watch it. If they didn't want to get talked at by every internet commentator, then they shouldn't have acted a fool: simple as that.

And besides, if I was one of them (Wrestler's who end up on WZ), I would look at those comments and laugh straight to the bank

Yes, it makes their problems huge, just like the media does to movie stars etc.

A little off topic, but fix your opening post. Even if his problems were solved, Matt would not return because of his injuries. He needs surgery to return, and he obviously doesn't want it.

Also Jeff was not fired for being a druggy, he left after his contract ran out to "chase other goals". If I'm not mistaken (and I may be) I think he actually signed an extension to finish the Punk feud. If he was unhappy with how he was portrayed he could have just left.

Also Jeff was not fired for being a druggy, he left after his contract ran out to "chase other goals". If I'm not mistaken (and I may be) I think he actually signed an extension to finish the Punk feud. If he was unhappy with how he was portrayed he could have just left.

Actually Jeff did indeed leave to avoid that third strike and subsequent firing for failing a drugs test.

WWE wanted to cover it up but then he stupidly got arrested and his mugshot was all over the internet so they had to address it with an off the cuff Punk remark but he'd been signing extensions because they practically forced him to so they could squeeze as much money as they could out of him, not knowing he was still taking drugs until the random test nailed him and the rest is history.

Remember, Jeff was at his most bankable and had already been fired by both WWE and TNA before due to his actions (showing up late, not showing up at all, failing drug tests).

As for whether sites like WZ make things worse?

Yes, that's their nature.

I remember when Booker attacked an injured Batista and had Sharmell help hold him back knowing he wouldn't hit a woman or hurt one in any way. By the time the two had made up and enjoyed one of Batista's annual BBQs where the whole roster were invited to his house, the dirtsheets like WZ were only just reporting the scuffle and claiming that Batista started it and that he had a bad attitude, which if you ever knew him is totally false and so far from truth it wasn't funny (and I really can say that because it wasn't amusing in the slightest having idiotic people who only believe the lies and exaggerations of dirtsheets to base their opinions on the characters and personalities of people talked about on such sites).

I mean, hell, I'd put Batista up there with Mick Foley, Ric Flair, William Regal, Goldberg and Triple H as one of the nicest, sweetest, most generous people I've ever met in the business but if a dirtsheet says otherwise then hey, people would rather believe what they read on a website dedicated to gossip than wanting to know the actual person, right?

Even I believed some of the BS about people until I actually got to know them.

Unless I hear it from the horse's mouth, I will never believe most of the crap they throw on here. Hearing info from some "guy" in the back doesn't make it true. 99% of the time, they don't even post who they heard it from, just that they have "info" that such and such is going on. I take it with a grain of salt. Always will.

WrestleZone is no different than a TMZ or Perez Hilton. Ironically, both are gossip sites for Entertainment, and that's all professional wrestling is. Wrestlers are in the spotlight, much like actors and musicians. It comes with the territory. I'm good friends with a very successful celebrity, and I tell him every time (which he agrees), he worked his ass off to get where he is, and now that's the one drawback of his success.

Want to be a successful doctor? You have to be on call 24/7. Want to be a successful lawyer? You have to handle more work than most are willing to do. If someone wants to be a successful professional wrestler, you have to understand what you're doing to your body, what you're doing to those around you who barely get to see you, and what you're doing with the spotlight you put yourself under. That simple. Every "troubled" wrestler is responsible for his/her own actions.

For every Lindsey Lohan, there's a much more successful celebrity actor who you never see on the tabloids.

Isn't that what the internet is supposed to do? Over exaggerate news events or lies to the limit.

People discussing events anywhere on the internet( including wrestlezone) always make news seem more dramatic. The sad thing is that casual fans may not eve ln know of these situations because they don't search wrestling news. Wich is why beniot death came casandra extreme shock to me

for a start it would be great if you could string a sentence together coherantly.

as for you arguing that the internet's sole purpose is to 'over exaggerate news events or lie to the limit', are you just trolling? seriously? of course you're going to get a few stories or accounts that are slightly off the mark, but you're actually trying to explain to us that that is what the internet is for?

i would respond to your other comments but to be honest i'm not sure if it's recognised english dialect.

To answer the thread title's question ... nope. If you had real problems like substance abuse, drungs, or alcohol the least of your worries would be what people in the forums think. If a wrestler had a problem and want's to do something about it the last thing you would do to fix your self up is start an internet retaliation and just keep things private.

If it does make a Wrestler's problem bigger that means he/she spends too much time lurking in the internet about their problems. That's their fault and not ours, its our choice to join the boards and as they made theirs.

Not really. They're in the public eye, so them fucking up will get out. If they are hurt by what we say on here, they shouldn't be pro wrestlers. Or do anything that might bring criticism for that matter.

Well, the bad decisioms that the wrestlers make are really what makes things worse. Not the websites. Sure, news travels faster these days.... but the blame should not be placed on the websites because it is the wrestlers' fault for making the bad decisions in the first place. The original post mentions the Hardys. They both messed up pretty bad and the internet fans bullied them into making video responses. What they should have done (especially Matt!) was use the online bullying as motivation to make themselves into better people to prove the online fans wrong. They only have themselves to blame after they continue to generate negative attention to themselves after the articles had already been posted.

It's not necessarily the sites but the way readers decide to react to the information that's presented.

A while back, Kurt Angle was accused by Rhaka Kahn of being a stalker. The story hit the internet and, to my knowlege, WZ simply reported the facts that were given at the time and kept putting up more info when it became available. It was readers of the info, however, that automatically decided that Kurt Angle was already guilty and started to jump all over the guy. They overreacted before they ultimately knew what's what.

In the case of Matt & Jeff Hardy, you can't blame the internet at all because of the lousy choices they've made in their lives. They're big wrestling stars, so naturally something involving them is going to be heavily talked about. It's the price of being famous. I could understand being upset at websites if they were making all sorts of wild allegations and just putting up information that was blatantly untrue. That's not the case with the Hardys. Jeff Hardy is an admitted drug addict. We've all known that for a long time, long before Hardy's lawyer came right out in court and confirmed it. As for Matt Hardy, his problems are also of his own making. Hell, Matt Hardy is someone who has constantly courted attention via the internet. It's not the fault of WZ or any other wrestling related website that people have reacted in a negative way towards Hardy. Hardy is the one that's a complete mark for himself, Hardy is the one that blew a good opportunity in TNA, Hardy is the one who posted a false suicide threat.

In short, if you're gonna be a fuck up then don't piss and moan whenever people judge you harshly for being a fuck up.

Not all of us. I only bash the guys I REALLY hate because I know they're all human. Humans make mistakes. But yes, most people on here tend to bash a little more than they should and that's nly because they can and they want their voice to be heard. It's not fair to the wrestlers but we as fans have every right to either critisize or praise them as preformers and people. However I don't think we should start forums on every single personal tragdey or finiancial/person problems they have oing on that get posted about. I'm just going to stick with what I know. Discussing the hot shirtless guys rolling around in the ring.

I think the Internet has put wrestler's more under a microscope than they used to be. Since I'm an older poster here I have seen wrestlers from back in the 80's and I know for a fact that a lot of them partied hard. But you rarely heard much about arrests and stuff. I worked as a bouncer in a club where when wrestlers came to town some of them would show up after the matches. They got quite rowdy and most were well over the legal limit when they left.

I think most the older wrestlers were worse than the wrestlers today but they just didn't get caught or it wasn't reported as widely as it is now. Truth is it doesn't take many drinks to be past the legal limit to where you can be arrested.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back