• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Division vs. Division: Tag Divison

Y 2 Jake

Slightly Autistic
Which brand has the strongest Division. You can include ECW as an individual brand if you wish. But because of the talent exchange between them and Smackdwon I wont bothher. So with do you think is the strongest. Raw or Smackdown?

Raw Tag Divison:

* Lance Cade and Trevor Murdoch
* Carlito and Santino Marella with Maria
* Hardcore Holly and Cody Rhodes
* The Highlanders (Robbie and Rory McAllister)
* Paul London and Brian Kendrick

Smackdwon Tag Divison:

* Deuce 'N Domino with Cherry
* Finlay and Hornswoggle
* The Edge-Heads
* Jesse and Festus
* Shannon Moore and Jimmy Wang Yang
* The Miz & John Morrison

Easily Smackdown in my opinion. Both divisions have 3 of what I would call proper tag teams. Raw has L & K, Highlander & Cade & Murdock. Smackdown has D & D, Jesse & Festus & The Edge-Heads. The other teams are part timers in my opinion. But the difference is that Smackdwon tag teams are showcased on the main show. Most of Raws tag division is Heat based. At least Smackdwon are consistently given 15 or so minutes on each show, each week.

Defineatley SmackDown!.

Raw, as you said, very rarely even showcases tag matches. SD! on the other hand, usually has at least one quality tag match per week. They have higher profile tag champs in Miz and Morrison, and they have some very good future preformers in the teams. I think both Deuce and Domino (especially Domino) could be a future singles star. And Im loving the Edge heads right now. L&K have been reduced to jobbers, The rednecks are seldom used, and rory and robbie are jobbers as well. The tag divison is obviously given more shine on SD! and is clrearly the stronger division

SmackDown! definitely has it, mostly because they seem to know how to use tag team wrestling on that show than they do on RAW.

I was really surprised when they moved London and Kendrick to RAW. They were one of the main reasons I TiVo'ed SmackDown! every week. They definitely aren't getting a fair chance on RAW; they've hardly been in anything other than squash matches. I always wanted to see a tag team title match between L&K and the Hardys. Since Matt & Jeff are mostly working singles now, it could have been a proper passing of the torch to the new dare devil tag team.

I wonder if things would have been different if London hadn't been laughing during the Mr. McMahon death march back in the summer?

Id have to go with Smackdown also they seem to have a genuine interest in the division on their show.

while Raw has my favorite team in Cade and Murdoch but besides them there arent really any other that interest me. on Raw you dont really get consistent tag team action while on Smackdown there tends to be at least one solid tag team match every week and sometimes also other teams featured such as the Edge heads or Finlay and Hornswaggle. and thats why SDs division is better, because its actually showcased instead of being an occasional filler like it is on Raw

Neither division is anything to get excited about. You all gave Smackdown proper kudos, but I somehow don't feel like you get anxious to see Deuce and Domino face off against Jess and Festus.

Right now, I don't enjoy WWE tag wrestling, but SD definately has more potential. Miz and Morrison are a good team, Deuce and Domino were good but have been misused lately, and Wang and Moore are cruiserweight which translates to jobbers in the WWE.

Since RAW doesn't give their teams time to shine, they should just move London and Kendrick back to Smackdown, where they should have never left, and focus on that division.

Smackdown would win hands down. If you really look closer, Raw's consistant Tag Teams.. with exception of London and Kendrick, aren't even pushed as anything.

Cade and Murdoch have disappeared (I think due to Cade having an injury) and Holly/Rhodes just (still) aren't believable as Tag Team Champions. Carlito and Santino suck as a Tag Team, but they're paired because neither of them have anything better to do, storyline wise.

Smackdown has almost a full ability to be their own full division, without even needing Raw to be added. (If the brands ever came together again, that is)

Deuce and Domino, albeit have a stupid gimmick, are a legit team and great workers in Tag Team contests. Jesse and Festus should be Tag Team Champions soon, as they truly have potential to be a legit Tag Team, that could've made it even in the stronger version of the division from years ago.

The Edge Heads, better known as Ryder and Hawkins have a great chance to be a better version of the Bashams.. John Morrison and Miz have a great possibility of being something similar to Edge and Christian, and Shannon Moore and Jimmy Yang are one 3rd of two good Tag Teams from W.C.W.

Overall, Smackdown has a great looking Tag Team division, that just needs one huge match to put all of them over as legit. I say a Tag Team Tormoil match for Wrestlemania.

Smackdown would win hands down. If you really look closer, Raw's consistant Tag Teams.. with exception of London and Kendrick, aren't even pushed as anything.

Isn't Paul London injured right now? and that is why Kendrick has been going one on one lately?
Cade and Murdoch have disappeared (I think due to Cade having an injury) and Holly/Rhodes just (still) aren't believable as Tag Team Champions. Carlito and Santino suck as a Tag Team, but they're paired because neither of them have anything better to do, storyline wise.

True. I think Cade is almost ready to go, so i think we'll see them back soon.

Smackdown has almost a full ability to be their own full division, without even needing Raw to be added. (If the brands ever came together again, that is)

I agree with that, and if need be, there could always just be a Hardys reunion and then we have a credible tag team in the hunt again.
Deuce and Domino, albeit have a stupid gimmick, are a legit team and great workers in Tag Team contests. Jesse and Festus should be Tag Team Champions soon, as they truly have potential to be a legit Tag Team, that could've made it even in the stronger version of the division from years ago.

Yea, I think that J&F will win the titles soon, unless they plan on giving them to Moore and Yang
The Edge Heads, better known as Ryder and Hawkins have a great chance to be a better version of the Bashams.. John Morrison and Miz have a great possibility of being something similar to Edge and Christian, and Shannon Moore and Jimmy Yang are one 3rd of two good Tag Teams from W.C.W.
LOL, the Bashams, i remember that, in JBLs cabinet, they were just there, nothing special, but the edge heads could really be something if pushed right, they could easily be Tag Champions in less than a month.

Overall, Smackdown has a great looking Tag Team division, that just needs one huge match to put all of them over as legit. I say a Tag Team Tormoil match for Wrestlemania.

I think that would be something to encourage the tag team division, although what I believe would help, is if the RAW champs faced the SD champs in a tag title unification match, and then they just become the Tag Team champions, and then the tag team division is only on SD, like the womens division on RAW, I mean, there could still be tag team matches on RAW, like there are divas matches on SD, even though there is no womens title, but you see what I mean, i done right, SDs tag division could be something big, but it will never reach the height of Hardys vs E&C vs Dudleys.

Isn't Paul London injured right now? and that is why Kendrick has been going one on one lately?

Yeah, but Paul London is back. If you'd been watching Raw lately, you would've seen that they were in a Tag Team contest the other night. So "Londrick" should slowly begin being pushed back to the top of the pile.

True. I think Cade is almost ready to go, so i think we'll see them back soon.

Honestly, for me its so sad because I didn't even like Lance Cade and Trevor Murdoch.. now I wish they'd return just to regain the Tag Team Championships, because Hardcore Holly and Cody Rhodes absolutely suck as Champions.

Overall, I'd rather Jesse and Festus or the EdgeHeads moved over though, because to me, both of those teams deserve a long run as Champions.

I agree with that, and if need be, there could always just be a Hardys reunion and then we have a credible tag team in the hunt again.

Yeah, but W.W.E. can't keep relying on bringing back old school Tag Teams, such as the Hardyz, to continue breathing new life into the dying division. This is exactly why they need to either begin building more legit Tag Teams, bring both brands together (at least the Tag Team division) or start hiring more Tag Teams all together.

Either way you do it, returning to the Hardyz as your savior for the Tag Team division, just like I think they're planning for the Dudleyz if they return.. is basically saying you have absolutely no faith in your current group of Tag Teams.

Yea, I think that J&F will win the titles soon, unless they plan on giving them to Moore and Yang

I'd rather see Jesse and Festus, or Hawkins and Ryder become the Tag Team Champions over the likes of Moore and Yang. To me, the Redneck Rejects are a filler Tag Team, that are only together to push other legit Tag Teams to the top.

LOL, the Bashams, i remember that, in JBLs cabinet, they were just there, nothing special, but the edge heads could really be something if pushed right, they could easily be Tag Champions in less than a month.

I think Hawkins and Ryder are being built as the modern day Bashams, since they've been paired with Edge and basically don't even have their own look. Hell, I'm shocked they even have their own names.

But outside of that point, they really are a legit Tag Team. I think they need to definately find some new attire. They don't have to stray away from the Rated R tights, but kinda "Team Angle" themselves up a bit. Have similar looking tights, but yet each unique in their own right. If they did that, Hawkins and Ryder will be around for a lot longer than they would've been as "The Major Brothers."

I think that would be something to encourage the tag team division, although what I believe would help, is if the RAW champs faced the SD champs in a tag title unification match, and then they just become the Tag Team champions, and then the tag team division is only on SD, like the womens division on RAW, I mean, there could still be tag team matches on RAW, like there are divas matches on SD, even though there is no womens title, but you see what I mean, i done right, SDs tag division could be something big, but it will never reach the height of Hardys vs E&C vs Dudleys.

Thats the thing though. If you're assuming, hoping and awaiting on this version of the Tag Team Division to become anything that the previous version WAS.. then you'll be waiting forever, because no two things are alike. This crop of talent has to build their own feuds, their own rememberable moments.

They can't just become carbon copies of previous great Teams in wrestling history, in order for them to become known, and remembered, they have to create their own history. And trying to be someone else, isn't going to get the job done.

Yeah, but Paul London is back. If you'd been watching Raw lately, you would've seen that they were in a Tag Team contest the other night. So "Londrick" should slowly begin being pushed back to the top of the pile.

Guess i wasnt paying attention, lol

Yeah, but W.W.E. can't keep relying on bringing back old school Tag Teams, such as the Hardyz, to continue breathing new life into the dying division. This is exactly why they need to either begin building more legit Tag Teams, bring both brands together (at least the Tag Team division) or start hiring more Tag Teams all together.

I see what you mean by that, but you have to remember, this is WWE, they just want to sell merchandise, i think within 2 months of Matt returning, we'll be seeing a Hardys re-re-reunion.

I think Hawkins and Ryder are being built as the modern day Bashams, since they've been paired with Edge and basically don't even have their own look. Hell, I'm shocked they even have their own names.

I believe that is one way of stabilizing new guys and turning them into a legit team is by pairing them with a legend/main eventer, unless the teams just click.
But outside of that point, they really are a legit Tag Team. I think they need to definately find some new attire. They don't have to stray away from the Rated R tights, but kinda "Team Angle" themselves up a bit. Have similar looking tights, but yet each unique in their own right. If they did that, Hawkins and Ryder will be around for a lot longer than they would've been as "The Major Brothers."

Yea, i remember seeing them when they came to smackdown after their first match, and Cole was all, they had their first match last month, blah blah blah, and i was like, RELEASED in my head.

Thats the thing though. If you're assuming, hoping and awaiting on this version of the Tag Team Division to become anything that the previous version WAS.. then you'll be waiting forever, because no two things are alike. This crop of talent has to build their own feuds, their own rememberable moments.

They can't just become carbon copies of previous great Teams in wrestling history, in order for them to become known, and remembered, they have to create their own history. And trying to be someone else, isn't going to get the job done.
I wasn't using that as a "carbon-copy" i was merely saying that that was the highest tag team wrestling has just about EVER seen.

Yea, i know that, i wasn't suggesting another TLC feud, but they need something similar to the heat and fan appreciation of the TLC feud, then that would justify the tag team division again.

I see what you mean by that, but you have to remember, this is WWE, they just want to sell merchandise, i think within 2 months of Matt returning, we'll be seeing a Hardys re-re-reunion.

I completely agree, especially with the Hardy Boyz DVD coming up for release that we'll likely see a Hardy Boyz reunion. However, all I'm saying in general, is they can't really expect the Hardyz to save the division, unless they plan on keeping the Hardyz IN the division.

Its just like last year. They gave the Hardyz the Tag Team Championships, and for what? To push ONE Tag Team - Lance Cade and Trevor Murdoch, a team that was already "pushed" and "legit." So what was the overall point?

What're they gonna do this year, push London and Kendrick?! :rolleyes:

I believe that is one way of stabilizing new guys and turning them into a legit team is by pairing them with a legend/main eventer, unless the teams just click.

Yeah, and I like that Hawkins and Ryder are with Edge.. they have a great overall look and they are a nice trio. But what happens when Edge drops the World Championship? Hawkins and Ryder, along with Edge, will be what? Just another trio with no purpose?

Yea, i remember seeing them when they came to smackdown after their first match, and Cole was all, they had their first match last month, blah blah blah, and i was like, RELEASED in my head.

I remember seeing Shelton Benjamin and Charlie Haas and thinking neither guy was gonna be worth shit. Then, the Team Angle gimmick came along and I thought.. okay, they'll last as long as Angle is with them, but they'll never be anything beyond that.

Then, they jumped away from him, and renamed themselves the "World's Greatest Tag Team" which I thought was somewhat stupid.. but when they defeated the A.P.A. somewhere along the lines, I truly stopped and said.. you know what, I think they're gonna make it as a great Tag Team.

I wasn't using that as a "carbon-copy" i was merely saying that that was the highest tag team wrestling has just about EVER seen.

Then you clearly don't recall the 90's. :lmao: The Hart Foundation, Nasty Boys, Legion of Doom, Natural Disasters, Money Inc... they were all legit and great Tag Teams. Each had their own quality, each had their own sellable gimmick that worked for them.

Sure, they weren't high flying, or TLC innovative, but they were amazing for the time that was. And while I agree the Tag Team Era that was Edge/Christian, the Hardyz and the Dudleyz was a great Era.. you can't discount how amazing the Tag Team division was back in the day, either.

first off Will, im only 16, i was BORN in the 90's... and when i actually remember watching wrestling, who was hot in tag teams in WWF? X Pac/Kane, APA, Hardyz, E&C, New Age Outlaws, DX, etc...

But i see what you mean, and hopefully by WM or whenever Edge is gonna drop the title, Ryder and Hawkins have a name for themselves... but for the topic, Division vs Division, SD is WAY hotter than RAW, and i think its only going to get better from here, but to actually be remembered for a long time, between now and 2010, they need to do something dramatically memorable for them to rival the rivalry of the early 2000's and establish themselves as a memorable tag team division, also i think that the tag divisions need to unify in order to do any good.

Or else Tag Team wrestling will eventually die out in the WWE, and we'll need TNA to bring it back, and they're not doing too well with it either...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back