• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Diego Sanchez wants to work with Daniel Bryan

Wolf Pac

Mid-Card Championship Winner
Diego Sanchez (23-5) had nothing but high remarks when he discovered that WWE superstar Daniel Bryan started to use his 'Yes' chant.

"I watched an interview and they asked him where he got the 'Yes' and he said he got it from Diego Sanchez, I love Diego Sanchez," said Sanchez. "He's promoting me in a way, so I got his back."

Sanchez first used the chant during his entrance to the Octagon at UFC 95. Bryan also uses the chant as he makes his way into the WWE ring.

"If it helps him get motivated, that's what I'm all about," said Sanchez. "I'm about motivating people in anyway. I'm not a hater and in one-way imitation is the best way of flattery. As far as I'm concerned, this guy is part of the 'Yes' revolution and I got his back."

Though the 'Yes' chant hasn't been as popular with the UFC audience, compared to the WWE, Sanchez is not shocked.

"The WWE and Mixed Martial Arts are two completely different sports and two completely different categories of fans," said Sanchez. "Those WWE people are hardcore and I love them. I love the WWE fans, the UFC fans and all the people who want to support the 'Yes.'"

While Sanchez and Bryan have not spoken directly, Sanchez did hint how the two could work sometime down the line.

"I have not talked to him yet, but my team has reached out to them and we'll see what happens," said Sanchez. "We both are the 'Yes' men and if we could help each other that's what it's about. It's about that positivity and motivating yourself to do things you could never do when unmotivated."

Thoughts?

That's fuckin brilliant! Really i'm just upset with myself for not making the connection sooner but I think it's awesome, as a fan of both MMA and Pro Wrestling I love it when I can find links between the two like Punk and Sonnen being close friends and seeing guys like Lesnar compete in both, this is just another awesome tie.

Honestly just because the way Bryan does it comes off as just goofy and another phrase for the WWE Universe to chant like the good old "You Suck" in the Angle days, but the fact that he took it from Diego and really uses it to pump himself up is very cool. I'd love to see Daniel walk out being Diego in his next fight and we can see both of them do a Yes! chant together, I would die of happiness.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back