• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Did WWE intend to make Miz look so strong?

MartialHorror

Mid-Card Championship Winner
Since debuting with his Hollywood gimmick, the Miz has been presented as an above average fighter who is crafty enough to force his way into the title scene, but too cowardly and concerned with his appearance to hold onto the belt for long. At the TLC pre-show, Alex Riley (??) even arguably buried him as a weakling who was smart enough to weasel his way up the ladder. Okay, fine.

Except lately, he has been single handedly taking on tag teams by himself, while Mizdow goofs off outside the ring. Every once in awhile, he'll tag him in only to tag Mizdow out after a few seconds. Miz/Dow don't always win, but the Miz usually puts up a damn good fight in the process. On RAW last night, the Miz managed to hold his own against the Uso's by himself. This is some weird booking as it suggests that the Miz is strong enough to carry his team on his own.

To draw even more attention to this issue, Mizdow was squashed by the Ascension on the same night. So what does this booking tell us? Even though the Uso's won the belts, it was the Miz who was put over as he put up a damn good fight despite the odds being against him. Mizdow did not get the same opportunity. The Ascension did not establish themselves as a credible tag team as it was more-or-less a handicap and they won against a team who had already fought a very intense match. Odd.

This isn't the first time the Miz has looked this good either, as he actually did incredibly well against Roman Reigns during their first match, although the difference is that WWE corrected this during their rematch when Reigns just kicked the crap out of him. This has lasted for weeks, if not months. You would think that it would be the opposite. If you want to put heat on the Miz and present Mizdow as a badass, have the Miz make Mizdow do all the work. They even did this once against the Rhodes brothers and Cole went crazy for him...but Cole has yet to praise the Miz for doing the same thing on a weekly basis.

So is there a purpose to this? Or is it just stupid booking? Maybe the plan is to re-establish Miz as a dangerous opponent, which will put Mizdow over once they feud. Somehow, I highly doubt this and as soon as the Miz returns to singles competition, he'll revert back to the coward with his bag of dirty tricks.

The Miz has been great in his role and I think people should really give him credit for it. He's been showing why he was once a guy that held his own in a main event position, with The Rock and John Cena involved. I think that his gimmick as an "Hollywood" Star is just a cheap act and people see through it and whatever he's playing, the fans will always see the cocky heel that he's crafted since pretty much his debut and that will hurt him and haunt him 'till the day he steps away, sadly.

He'll never be a guy who's capable of delivering a five star performance inside the squared circle, but I don't need him too. I think he's been perfect the way he's been booked and Mizdow works, because of The Miz. He's not better than Miz in that role or a guy I for onc, want to see in the main event scene or whatever, it's just that Miz has that much heat. I think that after they break away and Sandow does indeed get his five minutes of fame, we'll still be seeing Miz being a consistent midcard to uppercard player.

The booking's been smart in my view, because the company knows that Mizdow isn't anything to get to excited for. I mean, he's been original with this stunt double act, but this ain't any "marketable" character, it's still a comedy act, so I see them taking care of the guy that can easily be put in a place to elevate someone again in the future, and that is The Miz. I mean, this has been a constant, just look at everyone that Miz has partnered with, and the guy that ends up looking better is the one we always say we don't want to. I really really hope that they make him more serious in the feud against Sandow, make him a vicious, coward heel and let him talk something not silly or stupid, so that I can get on his train again. I was really pleased with the great match last night he had alone with The Usos, if anything to shut the mouth of the dirty ****es who hate the guy because, and I quote: "He can't wrestle". Fuck that shit. Go Miz.

/Rant

Fans fail to realize what a BRILLIANT heel The Miz is. He plays his role better than anybody else in WWE right now. He's booked to look strong in every match, single-handedly beating tag teams, simply because there's no reason he shouldn't be. The Miz is a top-level Superstar competing in the midcard. Nobody bats an eye when a nobody like Rusev squashes RybAxel in a Handicap match, but people get confused when The Miz can beat The Usos on his own? That makes no sense.

The Miz is one of the most versatile and underrated wrestlers WWE has. Similar to Kane, Henry and Show, a veteran talent that can be used in different ways to put over talent as well as elevate the importance of a storyline and/or championship.

He helped put Ziggler over. Made the IC Championship more important again after seeing it dropped in prestige with Big E and Axel as champion. He made Sandow relevant again, made the tag team division interesting and actually brought a legit storyline to the tag team championship which is rare and put over The Ascension.

I think they did, you can use Miz a few different ways. They can start to push him as a singles wrestler again, maybe go for the U.S. or Intercontinental titles. I heard about Miz and Tyler Breeze teaming up, what about Miz and Adrian. I got it the future Tag Team Champions Miz and Chris Jericho.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back