• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

did tna make the move to monday night to soon?

thepalaceprince

enjoying the view from my throne
The ratings are in and tna pulled a .8 down from last week. Its no secret tna has plenty of talent and some pretty recognizable names amongst the wrestling community and overall they are putting on a better more interesting show then raw each week yet the ratings arent getting any better so it begs the question did tna move to soon? Personally I think they did. They had a great spot on thursdays their only competition was superstars which pulls in terrible ratings and isnt interesting so they werent exactly big time competition. Tna shouldve waited until guys like jeff hardy and rvd debuted and until after they had more time to market their product and gain some ground in the ratings. Now here they are in a battle without the proper resources and essentially no chance unless they are willing to retreat back to thursdays regroup and try to get those ratings up before trying to take on the wwe again. So what do you think did tna make the move to monday nights to soon?

TNA should have waited until they started getting the 2.0 ratings. And they definately should not have had Hardy and RVD debut on the same night especially when Hardys debut was fairly lackluster and irrelevant and when RVD's ended in him getting his ass kicked.

Definitely. TNA's move to Monday nights should have been delayed at least until they had built a bigger fan base on Thursdays. Honestly, I don't think they should have moved their show at all. They are going up against competition that is much too big for them to compete with right now. The question now is, if the ratings are continually poor, will they swallow their pride and move the show again, or will they be too stubborn to make that decision? The next few months, maybe even weeks, may decide the fate of TNA. I'm anxious to see what happens.

As a side note, I would like to see a new Monday Night War, in the hopes that both promotions step up their game, but it's obviously not happening, at least not yet. I just don't want to see TNA succeed at that level until they have a product that warrants it.

I think they HAD to make the move to mondays, but I do think they jumped the gun in doing so. They should of gone ahead and, as a poster above me said, stayed on thursday and built their ratings up to 1.5-2.0 consistently. If and only if they were able to hold those ratings for about a month straight, then go ahead and make the call to go LIVE on mondays. You HAVE to go live if you put a product on mondays. Part of the reason WWE was getting its ass kicked every week by WCW was Nitro was live and Raw was taped. Live tv is unpredictable(to the average fan at least) where at a taped show you know if something happens that isn't expected it can be edited out/redone.
If they are going to succeed on mondays, they need to have Spike actually promote their show. I watch Spike quite a bit, UFC/Manswers/CSI/random Star Wars movies, and in a given week I will see MAYBE 2 commercials fo Impact. They also need to get their production team together and restructure the way they book the show. I have no problem if you want to have Beer Money turn heel, but that was 2 weeks ago and until this weeks show we had no explaination as to why. Where has Samoa Joe been for the last month? We would like to know these things. They always do this,they will start a storyline and scrap it/retool it without explaining anything to us. Most of us on here have been following wrestling most of our lives,so we know how storylines work, but to Joe Somebody who has been casually tuning in for a few weeks, he is probably confused as hell. You won't get a solid fanbase unless you make your product understandable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back