• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Did Raw Rip-Off The PPV Buyers?

I will say no, it wasn't a rip off.

Not everything concludes at a PPV. If WWE made every storyline conclude at a PPV, (a) it would become too predictable to call entertaining and (b) the weekly Raw and Smackdown shows would become boring and frustrating.

I watched Raw this week and for the first time in a long time, I felt excited during the final 20 minutes. If it happened at Survivor Series, you'd be expecting a big twist like that and the entertainment value would be as normal.

When I buy a PPV, I consider myself buying the WWE programming for the month, not just the PPV. I am fully aware that storylines may not conclude at the PPV just because I have to pay for it, and anyone who thinks "I'm paying this time so it better be worth" is just setting themselves up for a potential disappointment.
PPVs are certainly bigger, but in a lot of cases, it doesn't mean they are better. Some people forget that WWE tries to make these storylines seem realistic, which also means they must seem unpredictable. I for one wouldn't want WWE programming if there weren't going to be any surprises.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back