• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Did He Go Through with it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gd

Plump, Juicy User
When TNA came out with it's very own video game the main character was a mysterious wrestler named Suicide who was out to defeat everyone in TNA who embrassed him and made him angry. Very emo I know, but he was apparently so popular that Suicide was transformed into an actual wrestler in TNA, even winning the X Division title.

Suicide became very popular with the Impact crowd during his run with the title and his brief rivalry against the Motor City Machineguns and Lethal Consequences. However, a few weeks ago he quietly dropped the belt to Homicide and hasn't been seen since. I was really looking forward to where this whole storyline would play out and assumed it would mean we would finally see the return of Kaz.

However, at this point it doesn't look like Suicide fits in anywhere in the current TNA landscape. Despite all of the promotion and the push he got in the X Division, it looks like we may never see Suicide again. What do you think, will we somehow see the return of Suicide in TNA or did he hang himself?

i hope it wont be suicide but kaz instead. Kaz could be the Mafia's X Division chosen one not the 1/2 ton pos name samoa joe who shouldnt be in the so called x division. I thought the x division was suppose 2 be only tna's cruiserweights not super heavyweights

MOD NOTE

Suicide is due to return at the next PPV, so the question is answered. But keep discussion on suicide...how do you think he'll be used? How should he be used? Do you like the character? Also don't spam :p

Reactions: gd
Suicide is dumb. TNA is dumb for pushing him. It seems like every few mounths TNA pushes a new Wresler. good ones like KAZ and stupid ones like Suicide. In the end they just go away with no reason. I hated Suicide and am glad he is gone but don't understand TNA's thinking why do the push these guys before they leave. Shark boy,Abise, Suicide Kurie man, LAX(the ainti USA flag burrers). These people have no Skill and i fast forward throw all there matched. Tna needs to push Kip James(Billy Gunn) to Gold and a fude with MEM.
I Know i am all over the place with this reply but I really want TNA to be big enought to make WWE sweat and can't start new topic sorry about my spelling

I never warmed up to the whole Suicide character. I dunno, it just seemed like someone took a little something from Spider-Man, a dash of this and that from the Undertaker and thew in a lot of emo angst an called it Suicide. Overall, I don't think the guy's done much for the X-Division, even a lot of hardcore TNA fans criticize the character. But, I'm sure the character does have its fans and supporters, particularly within TNA creative, as he's coming back. He's not going to rekindle my interest in the X-Division.

Kaz has been mentioned on this post and I think maybe, if TNA wanted to bring some prestige back to the X-Division, Kaz is one of the guys they could make great use of. However, the Legends title has gotten a lot more attention for a while, so TNA's probably going to focus more on the Geriatric Division at this time.

This may seem an odd statement, but Suicide struck me as almost a cruserweight version of Kane in his early days without the previous "brotherhood" storyline. He didn't speak, he appeared out of nowhere and disappeared back into there, he dominated in a kind of jumping-around high-flying way. I thought it was new and different and cool. I wanted to see more. My best guess is that the man behind the mask had an injury or a personal issue in his life and had to drop out quickly for a bit...and as was the case with The Undertaker, the company didn't want to talk about whatever it was for fear it might ruin the Suicide illusion too soon.

With his return, I'd like to see Suicide gain a voice and be able to work the mic a little bit. Completely silent wrestlers only remain interesting for a limited time before they need to have the ability to speak. Suicide isn't quite as evil as Kane or even Abyss, nor as physically imposing, so I don't think he'll be able to milk this "silence" thing for much longer. Once he learns to work the mic and once we learn a bit more about him, what that name is all about and why the mask and spandex, he will become a more interesting character and the crowd will go for him even more.

I'm a fan of Suicide despite the fact that the character was created for the game. When it was first announced that he was going to debut I really questioned the decision to bring a video game character to life (and still do), but Kaz/Daniels/Suicide really won me over with the matches. I also like the idea of a masked American wrestler as you don't see too many of them.

On the other hand I am a big fan of Kaz, and I was really marking out for his push before leaving. His matches with Angle were golden, and I really felt that it was just a matter of time before he would be main eventing on a PPV. Then suddenly Kaz was taken off TV only to return under a hood.

I guess the point that I'm trying to make is that Kaz should be brought back as himself, and Suicide should either be portrayed by someone else, or Kaz and Daniels pull double duty. I like the Suicide character enough to want to see him stick around, but given an option I'd rather see Kaz.

I agree with the above poster. I like Suicide, actually I love him, but I like Kaz as well so if a new guy could be brought in to be Suicide that could be cool. I can't honestly say why I'm a big Suicide fan, the gimmick just works for me. I do think he's a marginal choice for champ, he seems like a haracter that isn't motivated by titles. He should be more of a 'speacial attraction' that wrestles more personal feuds, not title driven ones.

I've enjoyed Suicide so far, but to be honest I was expecting a feud between him and Homicide after Homicide cashed in the breifcase to win the X-division title. I'm still hoping that he wins the Steel Asylum match and enters into a program with Homicide rather than TNA salpping the title on Joe.

When TNA came out with it's very own video game the main character was a mysterious wrestler named Suicide who was out to defeat everyone in TNA who embrassed him and made him angry. Very emo I know, but he was apparently so popular that Suicide was transformed into an actual wrestler in TNA, even winning the X Division title.

Suicide became very popular with the Impact crowd during his run with the title and his brief rivalry against the Motor City Machineguns and Lethal Consequences. However, a few weeks ago he quietly dropped the belt to Homicide and hasn't been seen since. I was really looking forward to where this whole storyline would play out and assumed it would mean we would finally see the return of Kaz.

However, at this point it doesn't look like Suicide fits in anywhere in the current TNA landscape. Despite all of the promotion and the push he got in the X Division, it looks like we may never see Suicide again. What do you think, will we somehow see the return of Suicide in TNA or did he hang himself?

Remember how Edge cashed in MITB against Undertaker back in 2007 and disappeared? Pretty much that's the exact same thing.

Suicide will return at Hard Justice in the Steel Asylum. Most likely to win it, I read they are trying to make the Steel Asylum Sucide's very own gimmick match.

TNA doesn't really have anyone other than Suicide that connects with younger viewers which results to merchandise sells on a daily basis. The whole Suicide gimmick sells, It's not going anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back