Did Cena's character change?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BestWrestlingOpinions

Getting Noticed By Management
I've been thinking about this lately with the feud of Cena and the Wyatts. Cena has been portrayed for so long as the ultimate underdog, superhero blah blah blah, we all know. But in this feud, he acts like the guy on top, the guy that you need to beat to become THE MAN.

He said something along the lines of that to Bray "if you wanna be on top, you have to go through me". Is he now the guy that isn't the underdog anymore? Do they portray him as indeed the number one guy? What can this mean for Cena's future programs? Here is what I think:

If they wanna make Cena the guy that you need to go through to get on top, at some point it is gonna happen. It wasn't obvious in prior years, as in Punk's and Bryan's situations, but now it seems like it is being emphazised a lot. This is probably a sign that Bray will go over Cena at WM OR if he doesn't, he will reign supreme over Cena at some point later on. But I definitely believe that Cena is in line of putting someone over big time in the coming months, and I don't mean winning a match against another up and comer, making him look good in the process, but actually losing clean to someone.

After all, it seems that WWE is slowly moving away from the Cena era. Cena seems like he gets hurt a lot lately and with all the new stars ready to ascend, Cena is not as bright and needed as he once was. I'm sure that WWE will continue cashing on Cena for as long as they can, but they realize that, once WMXXX is over, it will be time to create the new stars that will lead the WWE to WMXXXX. They know Cena won't be there so they will have to use him to make the new stars.

No. He's playing the exact same character that he has been for almost a decade. Literally nothing has changed for many years. Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back