Detailed WWE Creative Notes

No. After they've been confirmed, I'll believe them. Until then, I'll take them with a great degree of scepticism.
Congratulations? I really don't know what you're going for here. If you don't want to believe, nobody's twisting your arm or making you read this or any other wrestling "news."

Looking at current guys who might be candidates:
Punk is a bit too old (33), weak and not mainstreamy enough.
Sheamus is too old (34) and freaky.
Orton is too evil (appeal to kids and parents, rolemodel).
Bryan is too small.
Miz has nothing.

Bret Hart was and still is considered one of the best top babyface's WWE have or may even ever have. He didn't rise into the position until post-steroid scandal, 1992 or so and he would have been exactly 34 years old. Punk and Sheamus still have a chance, they just won't have very long.

I think the problem with finding a super face is that you can't choose them. It is easy to forget based on all that has happened since but Cena was not a golden child from the beginning.
From the time he won the WWE Championship onward, though, they were clearly planning to make him the guy, and it worked fine.

Sheamus is in a similar place right now.

A fair point. I wouldn't have deemed Cena "ready" going into WM21, but he got there in a hurry.

From the time he won the WWE Championship onward, though, they were clearly planning to make him the guy, and it worked fine.

They planned to make him a star after he forced their hand with his popularity.

Sheamus is in a similar place right now.

Not even close. Much closer to when they supposedly were going to push Miz based on his ability to be Vince's PR bitch. I expect similar results.

Very interesting read. The obvious concerns with Sheamus are his speaking ability and if I may say, his ethnicity, specifically if WWE can appeal to as large a fan base as they would hope despite his heavy Irish drawl. In essence, is he relatable? And as for speaking, he's never demonstrated anything supra-par on the microphone. They'll have to get to work with him if they'd like that to change.

Other than that, heel Cena ftw.

You have CM Punk and Randy Orton, and Sheamus is the next big thing? Odd. Call me a hata, but I don't see it, never have. I think he's mildly entertaining. In an Alberto Del Rio kind of way. So, not very entertaining at all. Can put on a decent match, though. I'll give him that much.

Just remember: I like Bret Hart. A lot.

You keep saying this, but we're (Bret and I) not feeling the love.

You have CM Punk and Randy Orton, and Sheamus is the next big thing? Odd. Call me a hata, but I don't see it, never have. I think he's mildly entertaining. In an Alberto Del Rio kind of way. So, not very entertaining at all. Can put on a decent match, though. I'll give him that much.
The guy gets pretty good pops. Plus Punk and Orton aren't really the type of guys you want representing your global company. Looks are very important to many people, and two heavily tatted guys whose physiques are not super human like isn't exactly the image Vince McMahon wants to present of his company.

Sheamus on the other hand is mostly (if not completely, don't feel like looking it up) free of tattoos. He is a very large man. There have never really been any reports of any behavioral problems. He seems like a much more attractive option as a lead face.

If I was Vince I would also think twice to hand the future of the company to a douche (Punk) or a serial offender (Orton). The person is more important than the wrestler now that WWE has gone full corporate.

It isn't 15 years ago when WWE was desperate for anybody.

The guy gets pretty good pops. Plus Punk and Orton aren't really the type of guys you want representing your global company. Looks are very important to many people, and two heavily tatted guys whose physiques are not super human like isn't exactly the image Vince McMahon wants to present of his company.

Sheamus on the other hand is mostly (if not completely, don't feel like looking it up) free of tattoos. He is a very large man. There have never really been any reports of any behavioral problems. He seems like a much more attractive option as a lead face.

I don't disagree, but will Sheamus ever draw any real money in that role? I guess I can't say Orton or Punk would either, but Sheamus is easily the least interesting/talented of the three. Whatever. I'm probably being a bit too subjective. Obviously I don't see it.

I don't disagree, but will Sheamus ever draw any real money in that role? I guess I can't say Orton or Punk would either, but Sheamus is easily the least interesting/talented of the three. Whatever. I'm probably being a bit too subjective. Obviously I don't see it.

I don't see the appeal either. I'm not really on board with the whole Sheamus thing. But you cannot deny many people are. And if this report is true, apparently Sheamus is drawing good money at the merchandising stand already.

Like I said, I don't really see the appeal of him but others apparently do, and that's what matters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back