• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Destination X: One Night w/ O.D.B.:

TheOneBigWill

[This Space for Rent]
T.N.A. has been running a contest, that apparently will end at Destination X. Fan's have been sending in tapes on what they'd do, to have a night with O.D.B.

Personally, I think this angle is ******ed and stupid. This isn't just a waste of talent, but it's a waste of time. They even recently had Sharkboy fill out a video. (I rest my case)

Where do you believe this angle is going? What do you believe is going to happen? Will some actual fan win a random "Night" with O.D.B.? While I'm not stupid enough to believe they're selling "sex", at most, what do you believe could possibly come from all of this?

I think somehow it's gonna be a member of T.N.A., likely someone that either isn't being used greatly. (ie. Sharkboy, I hope not though) Or someone who's being built up. (ie. Don West, apparently) I think the Don West idea would be hilariously stupid, yet work enough to be worth the time wasted on this spot.

So, what is everyone's opinions on this situation? What do you believe will happen? Please give your full opinions. Thank You.

I was hoping it would be filled by Stevie Richards, I figured they could try to redo Stevie and Victoria with Stevie and ODB. But since he is the strink of Abyss, I ran out of ideas.

it's a way to get cody deaner introduced, he has been signed with the company since 2007 but he never officially dayviewed with the company,so if what ive been reading is true then obviously they are not going to choose some random person.

i agree with apin94 its obviously not going to be a random fan, it is simply a way to introduce another wrestler. however i dont think it will be cody deaner , but thats just my opinion.

Pathetic. It's bad enough they show TNA's fans every 10 minutes on iMPACT, but this is just insulting to our intelligence. Seriously, these videos aren't funny, they are simply stupid. I don't care what dumbass wants to spend a night with ODB. Out of all the Knockouts, they will be happy with that manly women? Not to mention the videos are just plain dumb. But when I saw Shark Boy's video, I just knew TNA had sunken to an all new low.

Do TNA actually expect people to pay for this? I think it will be some random TNA jobber that doesn't show up much anymore, who will claim to be ODB's "lover". Brutus Magnus comes to mind. What's Rhino doing these days? He could be an option. Shark Boy would be too obvious, since they already showed his video on iMPACT last week.

Either way, I really couldn't care less. TNA needs to stop doing these pathetic promos and storylines, because it's what really drags the overall show quality down. It's not needed or wanted for that matter. I know ODB needs something to do, so why not have her wrestle a match or be involved in the Kong/Sojo Title match?

But of course not, that would be too easy and logical.

What more can I say really? I get that ODB is over with the fans and is well liked. I get that TNA is stupid and idiotic and will do things that seem totally random and dumb. But why in the blue heck would they do this angle in the first place. It's getting some laughs and what not, but with the knockout division becoming less and less competitive and with ODB being the most over face, why not put her in an actual match?

I see the point that ODB in a match wouldn't draw so there's no point really. But to put her in this lame angle doesn't help either. And if there are any people that really find this funny and want to watch it, why not keep it exclusively on free TV. So your saying TNA want's me to shell out 30 bucks, and for 5-10 minutes I have to watch this? Doesn't seem fair for TNA to punish me when I'm handing them money. Also this card already has two women's matches. And while I'm a huge fan of women's wrestling and divas/knockouts in general, I have to say that this is knockout overload. Two matches with a combined 8 knockouts and then this skit with ODB?

Come off it TNA, your ratings are going up and stuff but it seems like when you pull pointless crap like this you don't even care. I mean it's not like anyone is ordering the PPV just to watch One Night in ODB(or whatever it's called).

Somehow, a contest being promoted as "Win A Night With ODB" at a pay-per-view called "Destination X', leads me to believe this is going to be nothing but a legal mess.

Somewhere, some lonely guy is filming himself reciting a poem and shaving his balls, in hopes of winning a date with his dream girl ODB. When it's revealed the winner is a member of the roster, this lonely guy will cry "fix", and drag the mess into court. Then, they wil have to run an actual promotion, but with a Knockout that's even uglier (I'm thinking Cute Kip), and someone will have some clarity into the prison shower jokes.

It's stupid, and can't possibly work for anyone involved. I'm guessing they didn't want to release her, or her contract is far from over, so they give her this shit until something comes along. She's awful in the ring, and has an even worse gimmick. As much as I like the Divas and Knockouts, she manages to have a classless act.

I haven't watched, so I don't know who will win. Maybe we'll get lucky, and it'll be another Knockout.

I don't really see the point of this either but I have two guesses on who will win. Either it will be J.B. considering what we saw on IMPACT Thursday or my pick: Mike Tenay. Think about that, Tenay will be shocked and is later revealed that Don West sent in a tape. That would be hilarious.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back