• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Destination X- Abyss vs AJ Styles (w/ Ric Flair) - TNA World Heavyweight Championship

Who will leave Destination X the TNA World Heavyweight Champion?

• Abyss

• AJ Styles

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ambiguous Turd

Mid-Card Championship Winner
11269-abyss_tna_large.jpg

VS

16.jpg
Ric_Flair.jpg

TNA WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP

ABYSS

VS

AJ STYLES
( w/ Ric Flair)​

Announced tonight on iMPACT, you will see AJ Styles defend his World Heavyweight Championship against The Monster, Abyss.

Both talents have gone through quite a transformation as of late. Where as AJ Styles has dumped his goody-two-shoe ways in favor of being brained by the Dirtiest Player in the Game in how to be a Real World Champion, Abyss is trying to find his way back to being the Monster he once was, with the help of Hulk Hogan.

Let's hear what you think of not only the match, but who you forsee walking out of Destination X with the TNA World Heavyweight Championship.

AJ should win, he needs to keep the title longer, he can really elevate it no matter who he works with, i dont like wat they are doin with abyss, its been bad for while now, but this hogan thing is ridiculous. the match will prb be good, and might end in DQ, dont forget Pope still has a title shot at lockdown, and im sure hes goin to have to face AJ,because he is heel and pope is face. and those two would put on a good show, esp in the cage, if they do that still?

I think AJ will win this, and it will continue on the storyline as Hogan and Flair use their two proteges against each other for longer than just this one pay per view. After tonight, with the glory that Hogan and Abyss were feeling, I just think that it will have been in vein as Flair causes Abyss to lose here, and gives AJ the much needed longer title reign. Hopefully Flair doesn't play too much into the match though, because despite being champion who is a heel, Styles I feel is on a match bigger keyfabe level than Abyss.

I haven’t been this annoyed with a wrestling gimmick since Kizarny debuted in the WWE. This match makes me cringe, because I have to see his goofy ass on my television screen when I order this PPV. I wish it was up last so I could go to bed 20 minutes earlier.

No way Rufus Doofus walks out of Destination-X as the champion, and if he does I will be more pissed than a PETA member having to spend the night at Michael Vick’s dog fighting house. He’s lame, corny, out of shape, terrible in the ring, and not fun to watch, unless it’s a hardcore match. AJ Styles goes into Lockdown as champ to battle with the Pope. This match is just to get the title on the PPV.

I think it's a lock AJ wins this match. This match hasn't really had any build to it, so I find it hard to believe TNA would just throw the title on Abyss out of no where. I know Abyss has become Hogan's apprentice, and has the HOF ring, but AJ is having a lengthy title reign. He's not going to lose the belt in a match with no build. Abyss is on a role, but I don't see him winning the belt here.

For TNA's sake, I hope AJ wins, as Abyss can not be their World Heavyweight Champion, as his character is a mess right now, and should not be considered the "face" of the company.

AJ is doing well with this new gimmick and is really improving each week on the stick thanks to Ric Flair, and needs to keep the belt for now. I'm sure Flair and Hogan will make an appearance, and I wouldn't be shocked if TNA pulls something off for this match, whether it involves Bischoff or Dixie.

AJ gets the win, with Flair and Bischoff interference is my guess.

I'm looking forward to this match actually. The build hasn't been amazing but it was been pretty good. Its a shame it was mostly about Hogan and Flair. Abyss isn't totally shit anymore and AJ is getting a lot better on the mic and I think is getting used to his character and is playing it quite well.

This match should be pretty good as is most AJ matches. They had a few encounters years ago which were pretty good and I see no reason why it wont be now, except that Abyss is shitter now but I think AJ has gotten a lot better.

Styles is definitely going to win as I believe they are building do The Pope vs Styles match at Lockdown and TNA aren't that stupid to have a shit match like Abyss vs Pope. If Abyss wins I won't be very happy, they have built AJ up as a great heel and I feel someone like Pope or Hardy should be the one to knock him of the top.

For the first time in a while, I couldn't care less about a TNA World Championship match.

Abyss is awful right now and the fact that Hulk Hogan insists upon shoving him down our throats isn't doing anything to change that. Abyss' corny and neurotic mannerisms, which have been part of his character for quite a while now, make me change the channel whenever he's been on iMPACT! and nothing has happened with him to change that. Styles has gone from incredible feuds and matches over the title with the likes of Kurt Angle, Samoa Joe and Daniels to the world's largest 10 year old.

I can't say that I'm overly fond of Styles' role right now, he just can't pull off the "Nature Boy" type of character. However, it's still head and shoulders above what TNA has done with Abyss over the past year or so. Styles is someone that I can honestly see as TNA's World Champion without difficulty but I can't say the same for Abyss right now.

I wouldn't be surprised to see everyone from Hogan to Flair to Jeff Hardy getting involved in this match. In the end, however, I expect Styles to walk out with the title. At least for TNA's sake, I certainly hope so.

Pretty intriguing here. Not the result, AJ is sure to win, but the match itself. This could be make or break for Abyss's current push in TNA. If he can't have a decent match and get the crowd to care whilst in a main event with AJ Styles, he's likely no use to the company at all.

However, I don't see that being a problem. They seem to really love Abyss for some reason in the Impact Zone, probably because he's a MONSTER! Hopefully it's a somewhat clean win, or at least a dirty win by AJ himself. If the end of the match is based around Hogan and Flair brawling to distract Abyss, I'll be angry indeed.

This could be quite good, both men had a great match a few years back at Lockdown, and I don't see why they couldn't again. For some reason these two have always worked well together, I guess it's just what works best with Abyss, to have a high-flier. Makes sense considering the success of his feuds with Styles and Hardy years ago. Hopefully rules won't factor into this match and we'll get a good old-fashioned TNA main event out of these two. I fully expect AJ Styles to win, I mean, of fucking COURSE he's going to win so he can defend against the Pope at Lockdown. Styles great title reign just keeps on rolling on.

Should be fun.

I think this will be a good match. As already stated, AJ has already started his feud with the Pope for next month, so he has to retain, right? What will be interesting is how AJ wins. Do they put him over clean and screw with Abyss' character more? Does Flair interfere, leaving an opening for these two to continue and possible have a 3-way at Lockdown? There are some very intriguing possibilities here even though the outcome is pretty much a lock.

This will probably be a good match to close the show with. It is all but set in stone that Abyss will lose anyhow, so TNA could make how Abyss loses more interesting since we already know he shouldn't win. It wouldn't surprise me if someone like Hardy ends up getting involved somehow. Perhaps to cause some type of distraction where the ref won't see Flair assisting Styles, who then hits a finisher and gets the win. Styles pretty much already started his Lockdown feud with Dinero, so I think he will win because it would make no sense whatsoever for him to lose this match. Plus, Abyss as TNA Champion right now would make no sense at the moment even if Styles/Dinero hadn't already begun their angle.

DAGGER'S PREDICTION
AJ Styles will retain the TNA World Heavyweight Championship.

I see where those people saying they had a good match a few years back are coming from. Obviously they're talking about a good match they had a few years back. That's where they're coming from. I agree with them. That match was swell (by TNA standards). However, plenty has changed since then.

New AJ is like New Coke. You might as well take "Get Ready to Fly" out of his music. Oh, I understand heel tactics and how guys who do purdy moves get face pops. But I still stand behind the ideas that AJ's turn is a bad idea and making AJ wrestle like Flair is a worse idea. AJ, who was winning match after match in clean fashion until Flair showed up, has given up his identity and winning ways to adpot a style that hasn't yielded one clean win to this point? What's the point? It makes no sense at all, even by wrestling standards and yet the announcers are selling it like Flair has done AJ a favor. The only things Flair's mentoring is liable to get AJ are an STD and some illegitimate children.

AJ will win. But I'm sure the match could seriously be a let-down. Just like everything AJ's done since the heel turn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back