Derrick Rose Out For 8-12 Months With ACL Tear

PlayTheGame

The Cerebral Assassin
According to ESPN.com. Which means there is a good chance he'll be gone for ALL of next season. Which then means that, assuming he'll miss most (if not all) of next season, the Bulls' next season looks to be sunk already before it's even begun. Although they did pretty good without him this year in spurts, they couldn't cut it without him when they needed him most.

Not having Rose next year spells trouble for the Bulls. Their next season already may be over when you take into consideration the level of competition in the East.

Not good at all for Chicago, but knowing this far in advance gives them a chance. Now that they know there's no Rose, they can target free agency and trades for short term options intended to create a balanced team. They can probably still make the playoffs if they play their cards right and have something like Indiana's odds this year.

I can def see them making the playoffs, so I'd agree. But without Rose, I would say there's just about no chance of them going all the way.

This could go beyond just next season. Derrick Rose relies on his speed and his ability to drive the lane and elevate to score. This type of injury COULD affect his play moving forward with his career. I'm not saying this is definitely going to be a Grant Hill or Tracy McGrady type of thing but it isn't out of the question. Best case scenario for Chicago is Derrick Rose misses just the first half of next season and he is able to recover fully from this injury, but even if he has to miss all of next year it's a lot more important that their franchise player can make a full recovery. You don't want these major injuries to be recurring.

The Bulls and Rose will be fine as long as Rose doesn't rush it and comes back at full health. The last thing he needs is too rush it and make himself susceptible to further injury. His quickness may be hurt and if it is I'm sure Rose can adjust to that being he is such a good player.

The Bulls will at least be a playoff team without Rose, not a championship caliber team but a strong team. If they suffer a little next season its worth it if Rose comes back at full health. The Bulls are still good, they can survive without Rose for a while.

It'll be interesting to see what happens to the Central division now. I know divisions are essentially meaningless, but it's kind of been blown wide open now. Pacers look like the new favorites, I suppose, but Milwaukee made noise all season, the Pistons could really make strides with some smart free agency decisions, a good draft and improvement from Irving and Thompson can put the Cavaliers right back into it...it'll be a fun one to watch.

The only guarantee with this is that Miami will dominate the East next year. Chicago may make the playoffs but Indiana should win the division. As a Bulls fan looking at their roster I don't see how you do well with past their prime guys like Hamilton and Boozer, a head case like Noah and a guy like Deng who is not consistent offensively to win without Rose. I don't know the Bulls space with the cap but I can't imagine they have much space to get a guy that can come close to replacing Rose.

This is horrible news. On top of the ramifications for next year, it is hard to believe Rose will come back as good or even as close to as good as he has been. Sad as a Bulls fan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back