Derrick Bateman Has Talent!

Leakee

If I post, feel blessed.
Over the last couple of days; I have been watching a lot of those NXT challenges which I didn't watch when they were previously on TV. (11pm in GMT.) It was good to see the talent and personality shining through from some of the rookies which I think at the present time are bland. Take Aksana for example; in NXT she acted as a stupid blonde Lithuanian but it is really funny! Now she is just Cesaro's bitch.

One man stood out from the rest. Derrick Bateman! Team him up with Daniel Bryan next time D-Bry is a face and you got yourself one of the world's greatest pairings! He is unbelievably good on the mic and at the minute he isn't getting anytime on TV whatsoever! The man has tremendous talent; far better than someone like Big Show or John Morrison! (I know he's gone.)

Take this for example:[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXHh4fGCMy8[/YOUTUBE]

How great is the chemistry between these two young athletes!?

Your opinions?

Derrick Bateman does deserve to be on TV. I don't see him as the type to get a massive push, but maybe he could be a used in a "featured jobber" role. (don't squash him, just let him showcase his moves for five minutes and then the heel hits his finisher). Like bring him up to where guys like Santino Marella, Zack Ryder or Alex Riley are now.

I think he should be paired with Johnny Curtis. Face or heel, they could be a nice comic relief duo.

Bateman does have talent he showed personally on NXT and his touts are pretty funny as well and he should get some TV time here and there

Personally, I think with an improved look and finisher (and obviously the right booking) he'd be a solid mid-carder. For now, he's fine being mostly on NXT in my opinion though, while he's still improving. Baring in mind there's a lot of better guys than him that aren't getting any tv time...

It is interesting though, how he is one of the only guys in that sort of No-Carder, NXT status that doesn't have a probably with charisma or personality - I'm not saying he's at a main event level or whatever in that category but, he's certainly good enough in that way to be on television.

Derrick Bateman is pretty average to me. I don't see anywhere in which I would be happy to see him in a featured role unless it is with Johnny Curtis in a tag team.

I'm a huge fan of Bateman and Curtis! They ate both pretty average in the ring but they have charisma and the comic touch. I'd love to see them team up again with them both employing Curtis' 'creep' character. 2 sleazy guys always trying to get laid but always end up creeping out the ladies! I think it could work! Reminiscent of Vitamin C!

I do think Bateman is solid and should have a career as a good midcard talent. Plus both of us have that white guy curly fro going on. The problem is that the WWE has too many of those right now. As much as it sucks that some guys are in development right now, its really the only way they will get fairly consistent in ring time. Plus he is 29, and unless you have a guy like The Rock who is a once in a lifetime talent, or a guy like Cena who got a big push early and got over, you aren't gonna have much of a push until your early 30s in pro wrestling it seems.

I also think he has talent, but it seems like he is one guy in a long list of guys waiting to get some time on tv. I think he could be a future midcard talent, and I am surprised we haven't seen Ryback squash him yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back