• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Del Rio's "Luck" A Factor In Everything?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnny Scumm

InZayn In The Membrane
Now, you may understand what I'm talking about here from the offset, or you may not. I'm going to explain anyway.

Since Del Rio's debut, he's had a mixture of good and bad luck. He began in the WWE with what, to him, would be good luck by injuring Rey Mysterio, followed by Christian. In his debut, he had taken out 2 men through the use of his Armbar finishing move. He then lost his first match to Mysterio in the Main Event. Then, his team lost against team Mysterio at Survivor Series in a traditional 5v5 Match. He then took part in the King of The Ring Tournament, but lost to John Morrison through distraction from Mysterio. He then proceeded to be unlucky in a Fatal 4-Way Ladder Match for the WHC, but on Smackdown, he beat Rey Mysterio in a 2 out of 3 Falls Match, albeit with help from Ricardo Rodriguez.

He then managed to hit the luckiest jackpot of them all. The first ever 40-Man Royal Rumble was won by Alberto Del Rio. Granted, he didn't spend much time in the match and eliminated Santino Marella last, but he still won it. He then went on to lose the World Heavyweight Championship match against Edge at Wrestlemania, again showing how unlucky he really is. He then also lost the WHC Ladder Match against Christian at Extreme Rules. After this, Del Rio was drafted to Raw, where he began a feud with the Big Show. However, in the matches he's beaten Show, Mark Henry has been the help to him. It does seem, when ever Del Rio has good luck, there's some helping hand in it, apart from when he debuted. So, let me move on to my point now;

If Del Rio wins the Money In The Bank Ladder Match on Sunday, obviously, it can go any way with any man winning it. But, looking back, at the way things have gone for him, for example with the Royal Rumble & Wrestlemania, the questions I pose to you are these;

Do you believe Del Rio can win the MiTB Match?

If he was to win the Match, does his previous luck play a large factor in his Title Match?

i dont think luck has anything to do with it, he lost to Edge at Wrestlemania, but i would still argue thats a damn good match to have in your first year of WWE. They are just not pulling the trigger too soon which i like. I can see him cashing in MITB and losing to Punk (who i hope wins sunday), then have him snap on Raw and just go on a streak of destroying people, much like he did when he debuted. Have him drop the smile for a while then work towards Summerslam, where im assuming he will be number 1 contender due to the fact he won the number 1 contender match on Raw. See how well his character gets over but i would like to see Punk have a nice long reign as champ so Del Rio will once again go back to the drawing board, have him keep getting more and more brutal until he is ready to really try and carry a brand.

I think Del Rio has the best chance of winning the MITB for RAW, but I personally would prefer it to go to The Miz again or Alex Riley.

And as I have posted in another thread, I believe his luck will play a factor when he cashes in, and I believe it's said luck that will cause him to lose when he cashes in.

My main reason for that thought is that it would make him a harder heel, one who works for the title instead of relying on his 'destiny' (which I am sick of hearing about).

Personally, I don't like del rio... I think he's quite bland to be honest. In the ring. On the mic. His attire. everything. I keep hearing about all this 'cena vs del rio' at summerslam shit and I am still yet to know why it keeps getting mentioned amongst all these forums.. I even asked in a few were these people got this whole summerslam match from... And no one has answered me. Did I miss something?!?!? But to the point I think he will win money in the bank.. I honestly dont know why but it's just what i can feel coming. When he cashes it in, I don't know, whether it's that night after punk vs cena or at a later date. My two picks are del rio for raw and sheamus for smackdown. I think his luck will play a part in raws money in the bank yet I doubt it will when he cashes it in... Considering ALL of the mitb winners have won a world title he doesn't need luck.

Del Rio could certainly win it, but just for the sake of spreading around the glory, I'd like to think WWE won't have the same guy win the Rumble and MITB. After all, there are plenty of capable wrestlers around, waiting for their chance.

But as a couple of others mentioned, luck has nothing to do with any of this. Vince McMahon and the Creative team determine who gets what in WWE and performers merely follow the script. In Del Rio's case, he came to the company with a solid reputation; he wasn't a rookie. Creative knew what he was capable of and the grand plan for his first couple of years was probably established and explained to him before he even started wrestling for them.

Del Rio is unique in his retro-like qualities. In this age of "modern" wrestlers, here comes a guy who reminds me of an old-time performer from the '50's. I've seen clips of Gorgeous George spraying the ring with perfume as he entered, so as to cast the impression that everything is beneath him. Del Rio is following the same "villain" stereotype........and doing it very well. But it's not luck.

I can easily see him winning Money in the Bank, as for cashing in successfully, I don't know about that. It always seems like Del Rio can get to the title match without much effort, but when he is in the title match he can't win.

TLC- Got to the match easily, but he just couldn't win it, granted it was a 4 Way Ladder Match, but you see what I'm getting at.

Royal Rumble- Won The Royal Rumble, in pretty easy fashion, but couldn't capitalize and win the World Title at WrestleMania.

Extreme Rules- This is a different situation with Edge leaving (If Edge didn't leave Del Rio would be WHC) but the point is, he couldn't beat Christian, and once again couldn't win the World Title.

So yeah, I can easily see Del Rio winning Money in the Bank and losing when he cashes in. However I don't think he is going to win Money in the Bank, I have my prediction on another person.

Alberto Del Rio did win a Number One Contenders match on RAW, and if I know Del Rio, he won't let anybody forget that. ;)

I don't beleive "luck" has anything to do with it, there are just a number of factors to be determined before making someone the World Champion. It is well known he is considered a main eventer by the WWE. Even if he does not win the MITB match, It is almost guarenteed that he will be WWE/World Champion in the near future. Cena vs Del Rio for the WWE Championship is largely assumed to be the main event of Summerslam.

Pretty sure Del Rio was slated to win the WHC at mania as well.. but Edge was left with the title due to him retiring soon.. Just my thoughts.

Then he was again not givin the title as Vince wanted capitalize on the "I will pay hundredz to see christian win world title" marks.

And now he has been put on raw to procrastinate his world title win even further just to have a match with cena at SS... He should win the MITB, but i honestly dont think he even needs it.

IF ADR wins MITB tomorrow I can easily see Punk pinning Cena then Punk dropping the belt straight away to Aberto.
Luck has nothing to do with it, other than Edge's injury kind of messed his world title plans up.

Luck isn't the factor. Stupidity is the factor. Creative and Vince see something Alberto doesn't have. He can't draw heat. If you take out Rey and can't draw heat then you have major problems. Raw ratings will take a major hit with him as champion.

I suppose luck does have something to do with it. He happened to be in the right place at the right time, and got a big push upon his Smackdown debut when he nearly quit in WWE's developmental system. I do think he can win the Raw MITB match due to the large push he has been getting. It hurt him that he did not win the TLC world title match, his rumble win leading to a first match jobbing at Wrestlemania rather than a main event win, and when he could not defeat Christian at Extreme Rules. He's had loads of good luck in his first year, but he's had a little bad luck too. Luck is indeed playing a factor into how Del Rio's career is going because he is getting things without truly earning it that most guys who do deserve it never do. He's number one contender to Cena's title and is STILL in the Raw MITB match where he's been stated by many as the likely winner of the match.

Luck isn't the factor. Stupidity is the factor. Creative and Vince see something Alberto doesn't have. He can't draw heat. If you take out Rey and can't draw heat then you have major problems. Raw ratings will take a major hit with him as champion.

FINALLY SOMEONE ELSE AGREES THIS GUY SUCKS! del rio is just horrible sadly i see him winning mitb and possibly the wwe title tomorrow but honestly he doesnt deserve either one the guy is the worst wrestler in the company (thts right i said it hes worse then supercena and superorton!) and hes just boring in promos! its same old shit every time he cuts a promo....destiny,yelling his name and saying you already knew that,creepy wink and weird laughing nothing special here honestly if this guy gets a world title run ill be changing the channel during every match hes in.....its a damn shame john morrison got hurt and couldnt be in money in the bank because i have a feeling he was slated to win it!

Totally agree Del Rio is lame. It's not as though he couldn't be over but they dropped the ball already and will have to invest even more time to get him to #1 heel status.

Oh, and I highly doubt John Morrison has been slated for anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back