• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Def Leppard vs. Bon Jovi

Attitude

Getting Noticed By Management
Well I'm a huge Bon Jovi fan. A while back ago though I was looking up videos for Bon Jovi. I came across the Mtv Music Awards I think where they were interviewing Bon Jovi before a Def Leppard perfomance. On Youtube there seemed to be a whole lot of debate going on between Bon Jovi and Def Leppard fans on who was better. There seemed to be a lot of people bashing each other for the like the other group.

Now personally I am a huge fan of Bon Jovi. I like Bon Jovi better than Def Leppard. I personally think Bon Jovi has done a better job over the years of keeping up with the times and staying relevant. That's my personal opinion.

However, I do like Def Leppard. I've heard a couple of songs they have and thought they were good. I have nothing against Def Leppard. So needless to say I don't understand at all what the arguments are between Bon Jovi and Def Leppard fans are for. Both are good groups.

So first, explain to me what is this rivalry between Bon Jovi and Def Leppard? Is just between the fans or is between the bands too?

Who do you personally like better?

Now personally I am a huge fan of Bon Jovi. I like Bon Jovi better than Def Leppard.

Cool, I like both of them.... but prefer Def Leppard.

I personally think Bon Jovi has done a better job over the years of keeping up with the times and staying relevant. That's my personal opinion.

I completely disagree there. Bon Jovi were great in the 80s, but lately they have become less and less relevant. Def Leppard always kept up with the times. They released Slang during the grunge era of music, abandoning their hair metal style, to stay relevant. If they had remained how they used to be, they might have kept some of the older fans who left, but would not have made any new ones due to everyone liking darker music then. They tried to return to their roots on their next release, Euphoria, and then went for a more radio friendly style on X, before enterting a medium between the hard rock style they had in the 80s and the radio friendly approach of their songs in the 90s and 2000's on "Songs From the Sparkle Lounge". Did Bon Jovi do anything like that? Not really, and even "Have a Nice Day" was terrible in my opinion.

However, I do like Def Leppard. I've heard a couple of songs they have and thought they were good. I have nothing against Def Leppard. So needless to say I don't understand at all what the arguments are between Bon Jovi and Def Leppard fans are for. Both are good groups.

I don't really understand the argument you speak of either, but Def Leppard are far superior to Bon Jovi. Every release Def Leppard ever made was good, compared to Bon Jovi who hasn't been good since the early 90's. Even 1987 Def Leppard was better than 1987 Bon Jovi.

So first, explain to me what is this rivalry between Bon Jovi and Def Leppard? Is just between the fans or is between the bands too?

It's just an issue of fanboy-ism, honestly. Fanboys always want to argue that their preference is better. I don't think it's between the bands, or else it would be all over the entertainment news. Much like the feud between 50 Cent and Kanye West back in 2007.

Who do you personally like better?

Def Leppard, and it's not even close. Bon Jovi have some awesome songs too though.

Cool, I like both of them.... but prefer Def Leppard.

I completely disagree there. Bon Jovi were great in the 80s, but lately they have become less and less relevant. Def Leppard always kept up with the times. They released Slang during the grunge era of music, abandoning their hair metal style, to stay relevant. If they had remained how they used to be, they might have kept some of the older fans who left, but would not have made any new ones due to everyone liking darker music then. They tried to return to their roots on their next release, Euphoria, and then went for a more radio friendly style on X, before enterting a medium between the hard rock style they had in the 80s and the radio friendly approach of their songs in the 90s and 2000's on "Songs From the Sparkle Lounge". Did Bon Jovi do anything like that? Not really, and even "Have a Nice Day" was terrible in my opinion.

I don't really understand the argument you speak of either, but Def Leppard are far superior to Bon Jovi. Every release Def Leppard ever made was good, compared to Bon Jovi who hasn't been good since the early 90's. Even 1987 Def Leppard was better than 1987 Bon Jovi.

It's just an issue of fanboy-ism, honestly. Fanboys always want to argue that their preference is better. I don't think it's between the bands, or else it would be all over the entertainment news. Much like the feud between 50 Cent and Kanye West back in 2007.

Def Leppard, and it's not even close. Bon Jovi have some awesome songs too though.

Bon Jovi abandoned their roots too but much later though. Lost highway was Country or Country influenced. I feel they never really need to change styles in their music because they remained popular throughout their career and gained new fans like me. Ironically it was the "Have A Nice Day," album that made me a fan in 2005.

I do agree with your opinion though. I think it's fanboys or fanboyism and who people prefer over the other. Definately enjoy hearing from a Def Leppard fan.:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back