• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Deception, and how it unfolds on 10/10/10

theViper

Dark Match Winner
Everything is obviously leading up to "10/10/10" at BFG. Now, let's start taking a look at the storylines. We have the "They" that Abyss keeps talking about, and it's no surprise that TNA needs to do something that is going to completely shock the world, and give them some credibility to make everything come together, or else it will be a huge flop of the past few months.

Now, let me start from there. The "They" that he speaks of, first off. He's been going directly at people, destroying those in his path. Going essentially insane, before that, who was he with? Hulk Hogan. Now, I know that this is where everything is going to get all crazy, and some people will see what I'm attempting to say, and others will simply call me stupid. However, just hear me out.

Hogan gave Abyss his ring, and while they had their fight, who is to say that it was simply not just a ploy, or something along the lines to throw the scent off the trail, so to speak? Even more so, you have Abyss who attacked RVD and then was stripped of the title by who? Hogan and Bischoff. See where I'm headed with this now? Stay focused, because it's going to get a little more insane.

Everyone is focused on Hogan and Bischoff being the good guys, in which they are known as. They're doing things "for the fans" so to speak, in their storylines. However, didn't Hogan do the same thing before his heel turn? If Hogan and Bischoff are behind the one's of "They". "They" would obviously need more people.

Now, at BFG you have Angle, Hardy and Anderson that are going for the title. In which, you have Anderson winning unclean by the help of some outside interference that holds Angle unable to stop it, or letting Anderson win clean, and winning the world heavyweight title by pinning Hardy. Angle loses, is forced to "retire". The next night after the PPV, Dixie says that since he was not pinned, he does not have to retire. [ Keeping Angle saved, also, letting him come into play for the title rematch since he was not pinned and automatically dubbed the number one contender. ] Now, the question is before the tournament took into affect, who was Anderson fighting with? The Pope.

The Pope thinking that Anderson's sudden change fishy, never truly let his guard down, etc. Who is he now involved with? Sting and Nash. Nash had a promo about Hogan, dissing him. Also, he was "shooting" about Hogan back in his WCW days. Which, Sting and Nash proclaim that they have seen the truth and some are classifying them as heels. Now that The Pope has joined with them, maybe it is due that he found out information of some sort about Anderson being in cahoots with Hogan and Bischoff.

Now, with this leading up to "10/10/10" you have Bischoff as the "Mastermind", Hogan as the "Legend", Anderson as the "Champion", and finally Abyss as the "Muscle". If all of it did play out like this, who would you see, also being involved in all of this.

Obviously, this wasn't a spoiler thread, or anything. Just my own thoughts of how it could tie together. I've done much of the same with a WWE thread about the unification of titles, you can also read that by clicking my profile and looking at my previous posts.

Regardless, what are your thoughts? Does it play anything out like this in your mind? Does it not? Does EV2 and Fortune even come into play, considering that they are kind of involved in the story to some degree, but not well enough? So many questions, so many options. Start chuckin' ideas guys.

I really hope that the "deception" storyline has nothing to do with the "they" storyline. I really hope Hogan and Bischoff are involved in the deception storyline and not the "they" storyline. I don't understand how or why Hogan and Bischoff should be relevant with Abyss, neither do I understand why Abyss is being pushed so much.

its possible, but like glueprint said, i don 't want them tying storylines together! it be way too confusing and i'd get lost trying to follow it.

To be honest, I kinda like it, but if they try to bring all that down on one Pay-Per-View (which BFG has to have the big pay-off on both of these angles) I think a lot of fans will be left scratching their heads. But... if anyone can pull it off, I do believe in Eric Bischoff.

Well I don't know about Anderson being with They, but I know that since I saw a video in another thread about They and the origin of They when Joe was kidnapped and came back and talk about They, I sarted to think that Hogan was going heel (but is he healty enough and if that was the plan and he isn't healty will they have to scrap it ala Horsnwoggle is McMhaon son instead of Kennedy because he fail a drug test). If They is Hogan, Bischoff and Jarrett maybe Joe has no choice but to team with Jarrett remember that Joe never talked much.

So I wouldn't be surprise if they tie together the They, the Deception and the Kidnapping angle together and then again, Anderson being an asshole he could go where the money is.

I'm opposite to the two people posting before me, firstly I have suspected something like that since the very beginning. And its not amiss of the stroywriting abiltity of bischoff himself. Bischoff is a man who is a =bout as face as vince mcmahon in the attitude era, and he comes into a company and everyone is expected to forget about his past..........well some people like you did not. I would have thought that it was obvious to people that the entire nash sting situation was exactly how it seems to be that they are in fact on 'the good side' which would leave hogan and bischoff on 'the bad side'.

The missing piece of the puzzle is anderson and surely it will have been noted that it was a very very odd occurance that Anderson would turn face not because of misjustice, not because of beng overwhelmed or treated unfairly, but upon an epiphone, a moment of reflection and we all buy first class tickets to ride on the Asshole express, just look at all the people wearing his shirts now. If that had been left to lie, it would have logically been one of the oddest face turns in history. If we look back in the past we can see moments of his 'true nature' were hinted at ie match with hardy himself and abyss if you remember what happened in this match but still nothing happened..........we've all just waited and waited and eventually people have forgotten about it or it took backseat in our minds.

OK now combine the elements, Anderson is really a heel playing a face and is possibly the most over face in the company right now, people LOOOOOOOVE him, Hogan and bischoff similarly are faces and are quite treasured, well maybe not that far but when you watch the show and hear the crowd at least it appears that way. It would have to be left to coincidence that there were two such storylines going on at the same time and even though writers can be bad that would never happen, not even by accident, forget forgetting storylines that would be honestly pathetic.

So, if you didn't believe they were separate storylines, which your entitled to, in fact your entitled to disagree about either of the two precepts of anderson and then hogan/bischoff, you would have to agree the storylines were ties together somehow.

OK, this is where you have to use your imagination a little bit, not too much........ Anderson is in the main event at BFG for the world title, Hogna and bischoff are the two people who controlls what goes on around in TNA, apart from dixie carter every so often (but she usually just comes in to have the final say on random topics), in fact I almost forgot when bischoff made descision the other week overuling dixie effectively, kindof points to a hidden agenda perhaps. Quite what I'm hinting at is an unfair/screw job style main event in which anderson comes out on top and all of the agenda of all men involved is revealed.

Now this is a major major storyline and that is in fact what I do like to see, you'll see people all over the place saying they've lost interest in 'they' but remember that people generally post comments to criticize as oppose to compliment on wrestling videos. And if it turns out to be the case I'll be the first person to stand up and applaude because they will have done it exceptionally well .They have managed to get die hard TNA audiences to boo sting, I didn't even know you could boo sting and nash but he gets that a lot anyway. They have cemented themselves as fair and just officiators of TNA law with no ulterior motives, only there to help and do their job. They have promoted somehow, and I say somehow because as I have mentioned considering the nature of his face turn it is a minor miracle, to get everybody eating out the palm of Anderson's hands and that ISN'T just audienced in TNA, thats the percentage of the online community as well (although that may be because he is just a very good wrestler) and got everybody to hate abyss to the point of top heel status. And all along the way they have been leaving breadcrumbs since they arrived starting with sting and his chess pieces comments toward hogan, and on a side note, there can't be a single person that didn't believe every word sting said at that time, turning abyss, making anderson face, cementing themselves as faces, all of this translates to a 9 month stroyline where all the signs were there.....there just wasn't enough people there willing to read them

And there is only one thing I'll do if that turns out to be the case, yes I'll stand and applaud a masterpiece of wrestling writing and I'll sit down afterwards and get a hollow disappointed feeling inside because there was an oppertunity here been built up by abyss to bring in some new talent that could be a new stable go straight to the top of the company feud with fortune, get rid of EV2.0 (I'm being slightly hopeful, they've found a home, now they are like homeless people, they are just glad to have a place to stay and for TNA's sake they should go, but anyway) create new storylines, maybe open up the x division again, give lethal some competition and they will have wasted the 'they storyline' on people who are already there when they could have put it off, still had anderson and hogan/bischoff show colour and done it at a later date. In my eyes it will be a wasted oppertunity to propell the company. So I almost hope I'm wrong, because it will be the biggest bittersweet sensation, and far more bitter than sweet, thats why i'd sacrifice some poor writing now for some new blood, and honestly its not too late, it may turn up that they do end up as separate storylines, but given the circumstances it looks that if one coin flips as heads so the other will turn up heads too, one things sure not long left til we find out

"They" are not what you think duh.:banghead:

If you listen to what the sting been saying "whats black is white, what white is black" he's been saying it the whole damn time people you just haven't been listening.Its about Dixie being con.Dixie think she running a wrestling promotion, but what has Easy E been doing?Making project like TNA reaction duh people.

Who is the closes to Easy E duh Miss Tessmacher.Who have we seen her make appointments with when Eric is missing duh Sting,Nash,Pope.

"Its almost like every thing has gone little Hollywood" so say sting.
It's about TNA going more Hollywood I.E abyss sawing people up backstage.Abyss is paving the way for them to go more cinematic.RVD was bloody mess by who Abyss right.Wasn't those clips shot the same way as reaction and who came up with reaction?

Remember Spike T.V is a network based off of unique content.

I would love to throw my two sense in here. First off I must say that TNA has done something that I Feel WWE fails to do most of the time and that is make me feel excited and clueless about what could happen. There are so many possibilities and there are so many assumptions of whats going to happen, but we really don't know. TNA has so many different angles and so many things that seem to be concluding on 10-10-10 and TNA has done a great job of building these story lines and its almost been like a mystery trying to take all these context clues and figure it out, but they have stayed one step ahead. There ratings have been good (For TNA), They have really promoted 10-10-10 very well and they really have my interest.
Now TNA has to pay off big here or I look like a complete ass for writing this and TNA loses all credibility, but the suspense is great the wrestling has been great and I think in the nxt few weels TNA will have gained alot of people's respect.

Now for my thoughts on 10-10-10.....I think that TNA is going to be split in 2. I think Foley and Flair and Jarrett Will be the "Faces" Along with ev2.0 Fourtune, MCMG, Ect and I think that Nash sting and Hogan will be the "Heels" They will have the pope, RVD, Hardy, Anderson, Young bucks, Samoa Joe, Ect......I think Eric Bishoff will be the On Air Manager and Dixie will take a more Vinnie mac approach on TV.

I think Flair's Group will be the more old school traditional wrestling and TNA's Foundation-Great wrestling less theatrics....and I think Hulk's Group will be the Flamboyant Entertainers who think they have it all.

Now I think this may be the general direction obviously I haven't thought out every detail, but I think 2 separate Factions is what were going to see.

Thoughts?

I think that if 10/10/10 does NOT produce an INCREDIBLE "THEY" then this will have been the most STUPID AND OVERRATED STORYLINE IN WRESTLING HISTORY!!!

Has anyone seen Black Dynamite? If you have remember the scene where Black Dynamite, Bull Horn, Cream Corn, and the Militants are sitting in the cafe trying to figure out the diabolical plan of the Man. This thread reminds me of that.

But back on point, the only reason I think Anderson will not turn heel is simple, no more t-shirt sales or merchandising that goes through the roof right now. He turns heel he will stomp himself out. When he was a heel in TNA, he was for a lack of a better word, forgettable. Now with a face turn, his shirts are among the top selling, the fans are behind him and any momentum he has is strictly for the fact of the face turn. Hogan pulled it off because he is Hogan. But Anderson is no Hogan, or Sting, or Nash, etc...

First and foremost before reaching for the leprechauns pot of gold at the end of the rainbow, look at it financially. Will more people watch cause Anderson turns Heel? No if anything it might actually turn people off. Will it make more people watch if Hogan and Bischoff turn heel? No, most people will go so been there done that, move on. If anything the WHC will nothing to do with Deception or They in my opinion. But also I don't have any idea who They or how Deception will unfold. Here's hoping that everyone is wrong and TNA shocks the world.

Has anyone seen Black Dynamite? If you have remember the scene where Black Dynamite, Bull Horn, Cream Corn, and the Militants are sitting in the cafe trying to figure out the diabolical plan of the Man. This thread reminds me of that.

But back on point, the only reason I think Anderson will not turn heel is simple, no more t-shirt sales or merchandising that goes through the roof right now. He turns heel he will stomp himself out. When he was a heel in TNA, he was for a lack of a better word, forgettable. Now with a face turn, his shirts are among the top selling, the fans are behind him and any momentum he has is strictly for the fact of the face turn. Hogan pulled it off because he is Hogan. But Anderson is no Hogan, or Sting, or Nash, etc...

First and foremost before reaching for the leprechauns pot of gold at the end of the rainbow, look at it financially. Will more people watch cause Anderson turns Heel? No if anything it might actually turn people off. Will it make more people watch if Hogan and Bischoff turn heel? No, most people will go so been there done that, move on. If anything the WHC will nothing to do with Deception or They in my opinion. But also I don't have any idea who They or how Deception will unfold. Here's hoping that everyone is wrong and TNA shocks the world.

I've been advocating a Cena heel turn for a long time for the same reason I think Anderson should turn. Every company/show need a heel that you REALLY hate to put face over. If Anderson and Cena crushes people heart they would become monster heel and TNA need one.

10-10-10

J is the 10th letter of the alphabet.

10-10-10 = J J J

Jeff & Jerry Jarrett

just sayin'....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member