Death of the Table Match

Status
Not open for further replies.

CM Steel

A REAL American
Table matches. A Dudley Boyz custom. Does anybody remember the very first table match in the WWE when the Dudley Boyz took on the Hardy Boyz at the Royal Rumble in NYC at MSG in 2000. The WWE continues to use the table match even after the Dudleyz left for TNA wrestling from time to time whenever an event like a RAW roulette happens.

Now that Devon Dudley has left TNA looking to come back to the WWE. And Bubba Ray (Or Bully Ray) has re-sign with TNA wrestling. Does this mean that that means it's the death of the table matches?

The tables match at RR 2000 is an instant classic. Matches like those are what made the attitude era so great and memorable. Not gonna lie pretty pointless thread. No, the table match is forever here to stay no matter what happens to either of the Dudleyz.

Death of the table match? While i don't recall any this year we have had table matches in the past few years. Cena vs Sheamus, Cena vs Orton, Orton vs Miz, Natty/Beth vs LayCool, Sheamus vs Kofi, Orton vs Barrett. Plus plenty of TLC matches. By those examples the tables match isn't dead nor are the Dudley's required to have a tables match, it just hasn't been used this year (maybe it has but i can't remember).

Table matches are dumb, and have never really made any sense. They're "dead" in the sense that no one cares about them, although they're not "dead" in the sense that they unfortunately still happen from now and again. These are among the worst gimmick matches of all time.

Now that Devon Dudley has left TNA looking to come back to the WWE. And Bubba Ray (Or Bully Ray) has re-sign with TNA wrestling. Does this mean that that means it's the death of the table matches?

What the hell are you talking about? Because 2 members of a former tag-team who havent even been teaming up for a year are now not in the same wrestling company, this means a gimmick match has died?

There has been plenty of table matches in plenty of different wrestling companies that have not featured the Dudleys. And this will continue to happen.

But yes, I do remember the first ever tag-team tables match between the Dudley Boyz and the Hardy Boyz, it was a great match and one of my favourite of all time.

There have been plenty of table matches without the Dudley Boys. Remember there is a TLC PPV every year in WWE and the Dudley Boys have been gone for eight years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back