• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Death by Dangerous Driving

HBK-aholic

Shawn Michaels ❤
Motorists who cause a death will still be able to avoid jail under new sentencing guidelines.

A committee headed by the most senior judge in England and Wales said a driver convicted of death by careless driving - even in the medium category of seriousness - could be handed a community sentence.

And uninsured drivers who kill on the roads could also avoid jail, even if the incident claims more than one life or they have a history of driving without cover.

Source: Yahoo.com

How fucking stupid? This is in no way a good thing, and serves only to protect cruiminals, as per usual. The law and sentencing is in no way to protect the wider community. There is no good reason for these people not to go to jail.

Criminals do NOT deserve the law on their side, and I want to know since when they did. If I wanted someone killing so badly, I wouldn't bother using a gun or a knife. No, what's the point? I'd go to jail for murder. But if I run them over by not watching the road I'll have to do a couple hours of community service then live my life.

Every death cause by dangerous driving should carry a jail sentence. The length of this sentence should be determined by the circumstances of the death and the lack of care the person put into driving. But NONE should get away with simple community service.

If you're going to learn to drive, you have to learn to drive SAFELY. You have to accept every single part of the highway code. You have to get ready to be alert every single second you're in charge of a vehicle.

One of my best friends died after colliding with a drunk driver a few years ago and the fucker only got 2 years so I am quite bitter about this subject.

If a murder carries a 15 year sentece in the UK surely causing death by dangerous driving (especially if drunk) should carry at least 10.

One of my best friends died after colliding with a drunk driver a few years ago and the fucker only got 2 years so I am quite bitter about this subject.

If a murder carries a 15 year sentece in the UK surely causing death by dangerous driving (especially if drunk) should carry at least 10.

When the driver is drunk I think that makes it even worse. If you know you're in a situation where you will be drinking, you leave your car at home and arrange other transport. Whether that is with a sober friend or a taxi company. There is no excuse for driving whilst under the influence.

If you don't plan on drinking but end up doing so, you leave your car at the place and pick it up in the morning. You find another way home.

What pisses me off the most about drunk drivers is that they rarely kill themselves. Because if they did I wouldn't care. But they kill innocent people, such as your friend. It's a dispicable crime which is easily avoided. I don't understand how anyone could be so stupid.

My mate died two years ago through Dangerous Driving as well. They where all drunk but the Driver was the worst, the fools decided to go drag racing down the Local highway causing the car to flip down the slope and rolling 12 times. My mate died, Another girl that was in the car lost an eye. The driver Should of got charged for : Driving without a lisense (should of got six months) Not wearing a seat belt ( one month) Driving under the Influence ( 1 year) speeding ( A charge) Manslaughter ( 15 years Imo) He went to court five months ago and last week i saw him in the local shopping centre. He wasnt even in there for a year. If your going to Drive stupidly dont drive at all your risking your life and others for what? five minutes of fun, get there faster? yeah right find something else to do. but if your stupid enough to do it you should at least get 10 years.

I completely agree. When doing something illegal in which you know there is a risk to other peoples safety, then it should be manslaughter. The definition of manslaughter is killing without malice. People are often charged with manslaughter after someone has died during a fight. Which is what people who drive dangerously are doing. They're not intending to kill, but they're undergoing an activity in which killing someone is a fair possibility.

There was no death involved in this story, but my mothers boyfriend once got drunk, and was driving west of where we live. When he got home, the front end of the car has been totaled. Still drunk, he told us he hit a raccoon. A Fucking Raccoon.

5 Months later, he gets arrested. It turns out it wasn't a raccoon he hit. He hit another car by driving in the middle of the street, swerved, smashed a guardrail, and kept driving. That man deserved to spend more than a night in jail.

Where I live, drunk driving happens alot, but because we're such a small community, with only one bar, not to many accidents happen, and death is rarely a factor. But when it is, because everyone here knows everyone, it usally causes quite an uproar.

thos is fucking bullshit, if i had any power in this situation ANY that had a collision and it was their fault they, to re-test, happens a second time, license is taken and NEVER given back. that would make the roads safer, you would never have any fucking boy racers bumping up my insurance, because of my age(18) and sex(male) my insurance is91% higher than a female of my age, just because these fucking chavs want to go fast, if they to go race or even race, go to a fucking track!

AND making it mandatory to have breath tests built into cars and ANY alcohol on the breath means the car is disabled for at least 6 hours.

My mom became partially parallelized after someone backed out onto the road into the side of my parents vehicle. She now has to live her life with a disability, and always have that day in her memory. Do you know what happened to the person who hit her? A dangerous driving ticket. He probably paid it off with less than a week's salary. I believe that breaking the law should be met with reformation, not punishment, but this served neither of these. There is no way that he reformed because of this. He had to take no driving classes, he had to be educated in no way. His punishment compared to my mothers injuries was like comparing a bee sting with an amputation. He didn't kill my mom, or my dad that day, but he could have. He should have to be educated on how to drive properly so it doesn't happen again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back