Dean Ambrose confronts Foley

Its hard to tell if it was a work or not.

If its not a work then its very stupid by Ambrose. As I assume Foley is well respected with the higher ups in WWE. If Ambrose was genuinely insulting Foley it could stunt his career within WWE.

If it was a work then great. I like stuff like this. I dont know anything about Ambrose but if WWE put him in a work (before he even debuets) and potential programe with Foley then WWE must have a lot a faith in the guy.

I hope it was a work cause if not Ambrose needs a good hard smack in the jaw.

Ice Tigers are Go.

I think he is blaming Foley for introducing, or at least making the hardcore style matches/big bumps famous.

He is blaming foley for young kids injuring themselfs by copying what they saw foley do on tv.

It's possible it wasnt a work and that Ambrose was just drunk. The more I think about it, it seems as though they are the rambleings of someone who is drunk.

That was some sick work by both of them. It's most likely a work. Dean has some big things ahead of him when he debuts. Maybe it'll be him attacking Foley while alone out in the ring. I can see him coming from the crowd and beating the living crap out of him. Then, the next week, he reveals himself.

Work or career suicide?

I'm going with work. Despite how he comes off today, this is the type of thing that Foley would have done when he was coming up, and he is a guy that likes to put people over.

Plus I cannot imagine any developmental guy being stupid enough to make a scene like that during Wrestlemania weekend without it being a work.

As far as I can say he just says "you ruined a generation of wrestlers" and "you are to be held accountable" or something like that a pile of times. It seems pretty random and wierd to me but i think its a work, just Ambrose having a bit of fun. I don't see how anything he's saying could possibly make sense.

I'd be shocked if that wasn't a work by Foley and Ambrose. That would be such a great gimmick for pro wrestling today, not just bashing Foley for his suicidal matches, but he could expand on it and bash the entire Attitude Era for "ruining a generation" of wrestlers.

A lot of people in the IWC bash the product for losing it's Attitude Era edge and going PG ... well Ambrose could feed off that with this gimmick.

It's blatantly a work, namely because Foley keeps asking "what is your name?" Ya really think Foley ain't gonna know who Ambrose/Moxley is? I imagine Ambrose idolised this guy growing up, and I wondered who would be the person to help Ambrose cement himself on the main roster... who better than Foley? (besides Regal, ofc)

I was only convinced it was a work as soon as I realized he referred to himself as Dean Ambrose, making careful to say his whole FCW name, but I must say it was certainly one of the best ones I've seen given that I've only just seen it and it was a two minute diddy. Foley has a really similar promo style to Ambrose, very dark and experimental and that's probably why this pairing was made.

But this kid Ambrose, my days. Y'know, it's sort of a story thing that he was made to be the guys to rouse William Regal into assuming his real self on cameras again and it seems he's doing the exact same with Foley here. But as much as that's written in, I think it's also quite true. I don;t think we've seen a young guy as good as Ambrose for a long while and he's really lighting a fire under arses of legends and peers alike, and more importantly the fans. I see him cut a promo and I just feel excited.

There hasn't been this much talk about an FCW talent since... Well... I'm not sure when! It's definitely a work. Ambrose worked a dark match the other night and he's going to be called up soon. He's held his own in a feud with William Regal in FCW and has been one of the focal points of FCW programming since his debut as Ambrose. The man a natural star and will undoubtedly be an excellent heel when he's eventually called up. It wouldn't surprise me that Dean works with Foley when he's first brought up. It's a quick and easy way to give him credibility and heat with the fans.

I have the outmost respect for Mick, he is one of, if not the most likeable guy in the world of pro wrestling.

That said, he did influence a ton of people, his style defined the 90s "backyard wrestling", sure others did it, but Mick made it famous, he did crazy things on national television. So he is right that Mick does deserve some of the blame

Granted Mick didnt force the pro wrestler nor the kids to do the stuff he did, infact he told them not to do it, which ofcourse had the effect that they wanted to do it even more now that he said "do not do it"

A work. And anyone who thinks otherwise should go boil their head.

Interesting to see Ambrose come up to the main roster. I also love how WWE is milking social media for all its worth!

Obvious work is obvious.
I really like Dean Ambrose and I can't wait to see him on the main roster. He is absolutely unique.

Of course this is a work. Duh. I find this ironic because it's Foley and I remember his ECW anti hardcore promos which where brilliant. Does anyone else remember those promos?

Ambrose beat Ezekiel Jackson with a running knee lift in the dark match of tonight's SmackDown taping. With the dark matches he's been having recently & this viral video, I think it's likely that we'll see Dean Ambrose debut at least by the end of the month.

Of course this is a work. Duh. I find this ironic because it's Foley and I remember his ECW anti hardcore promos which where brilliant. Does anyone else remember those promos?

I can't understand anything the non-foley guy is saying. I'm sure it has a lot to do with the camera but it sounds like he has a mouthful of dick. That said it's gotta be a work or an attempt at career suicide.

A very well executed work by both men. I don't really follow the indie scene or who is in WWE development like most people on here, but this guy Ambrose looks and sounds pretty damn good. Color me intrigued.

For people saying Ambrose sounding like he's drunk or slurring, that's just how he talks in promos sometimes. He's very...unusual in his voice and movements, it's part of what makes him so great and unique to watch.

He moves like that in the ring sometimes in matches, a sort of Drunken Boxing style.

This is most certainly a work, by the way.

dean ambrose just has natural charisma
ambrose will probally be a big breakout star to carry the company and make prowrestling mainstream again

It was definitely a work. What would Ambrose have to gain by confronting Foley like that? especially during Wrestlemania weekend. Don't judge Ambrose by this video, the man has talent and good mic skills. He comes across as a mix of a young Roddy Piper and Waylon Mercy. If you saying who's Waylon Mercy...Google Him!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back