DDP Hall of Fame????

Well really many wrestlers don't make it until they are dead. Also you do have to keep in mind that Vince isn't going to be around forever; I mean how many more years do you really think he has? Vince is 63 (64 in Aug.); in 1982 when his father was 67 and he was only 27 he bought the company from him. So how many years can we expect? Well his dad died at the age of 69 of Cancer so he may have some concerns in that and would it really be fair to his kids who are inheriting the company if he remains at the top for another 10 years? Shane is already 39 and Stephanie's 32. I can see Vince staying another possible 5-7 years MAYBE. Besides he wouldn't need to own and run the company to be involved, he could easily retire and go back to being an announcer or similar role.

Onto DDP...does he deserve it for what he did for WCW in the 90s? Yes. Should his time later, after his prime, in WWE affect this? No. Firstly didn't DDP go to TNA later back with his normal gimmick instead of the stalker or self-help guru? Didn't he get a pretty good reaction for the time prior to his needing surgery or whatever? Besides what about WWE Hall of Famer Hulk Hogan as "Mr. America" in 2003...didn't seem to affect his earning his spot in the Hall of Fame in 2005. How about HOFamer Rowdy Roddy Piper's time with WWE in the same year of 2003? Same story, inducted in 2005. Ric Flair is in there and the vast majority of his career was not even with WWE even if he returned for 7 years.

So will DDP, Ultimate Warrior, Randy Savage, Scott Steiner, Scott Hall, Sting, Booker T, Sid Vicious/Psycho Sid, Lex Luger, etc be inducted? Probably... just not under Vince's reign (although I assume Sting will be inducted once he is finished with TNA). I mean I figure they will eventually induct other people that were just important to wrestling, no matter how their roles went like Eric Bischoff. Also just a note on Booker T and Scott Hall; I assume they will be inducted but unless they are dead or never go back to WWE I would say they'd be inducted as tag-team partners with Kevin Nash (Outsiders) and Stevie Ray (Harlem Heat) although I'm not saying I would like to see Stevie Ray in the Hall of Fame really.

Hey I thought the guy was great and the king of the trailerpark. But without WCW he was nothing. Alot of that has to do with Vince loving to keep WCW talent down. Besides a handful of guys MOST incredible talent WCW had fell to the wayside because vince would not help push them creating them to die. Thank god TNA has saved some but now those guys are old hat and cannot do as much.

Shane helms has done well. Rey Mysterio. Big Show. Shannon Moore.

But WCW had alot of great talent and vince just didn't want to use them. like ECW (besides dreamer).

DDP could of been a hall of famer and the sad part is its not his fault. But knowing what a Famer should be.....He never would make the cut. (cut ...get it like diamond cut....lame.)

Im sorry but my vote is no. But if he come by me I will race to see him perform.

If it were a HOF for all of wrestling in general, yes...but since its wwe's HOF, no. It being wwe, you have to look at his wwe run, and as said its not very pretty.

He definatly deserves recognition, and was most definatly one of the most over people in that 97-99 era. Without a doubt he was more over then than cena is now. His mic skills were good from all the experience he had before wcw, and his in ring work was much better than most. He's one of the first "innovator" gimmicks i can remember, where theres new stuff every single match. And at one point using a different way to use the diamond cutter every match. His moveset was pretty phenomenal. He was also using the peoples champ saying before the rock did. Hes an awesome wrestler, but I think Benoit will be in the wwe HOF before ddp is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back