• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Davey Richards Out 6-9 Months Following Surgery

ShinChan

Gone. For. Good.
According to The Wrestling Observer, current TNA Tag Team Champion Davey Richards underwent reconstructive knee surgery last week to repair a torn ACL. Depending on how his rehab goes, Richards will likely be out of action anywhere from 6-9 months, putting his TNA return at August-November.

Richards noted on Twitter that he ¡°hobbled¡± to math class the day after surgery and aced a test, and he hopes to begin rehab very soon. Richards recently signed a guaranteed deal with TNA so there is no pressure for him to return early from surgery.

So we are left with three tag teams in form of Beer Money, The Decay and Bram-Young. A big loss to TNA's tag division though as Wolves were the core of this division.

Hoping a good recovery to Davey.

It might be a blessing in disguise for Eddie's singles career though. He can surely go in X-Division.

:devil:

I think they'll probably bring in another team or look at reuniting the Hardys mid year for one last run. I guess there is a good chance of Godderz and Eli featuring more in the tag division although I would prefer they elevate Eli Drake as a singles competitor (KOTM Champion) and reunite the Bromans or have Robbie E tag with Mr Anderson.

I think they'll probably bring in another team or look at reuniting the Hardys mid year for one last run. I guess there is a good chance of Godderz and Eli featuring more in the tag division although I would prefer they elevate Eli Drake as a singles competitor (KOTM Champion) and reunite the Bromans or have Robbie E tag with Mr Anderson.
Personally, I wouldn't want the Bromans to reunite. And I don't think that Robbie E and Mr Anderson should be teaming together. Therefore, I would prefer Eli Drake along with Jesse Godderz as i am liking them together. Give them a suitable name and book them rightly.

Moreover I would not want Hardyz to reunite and it wouldn't happen too because of Jeff's injury & Matt's presence in title picture.

About bringing another team, I think reDragon's contract was expiring soon and War Machine's too. So would be good to see them in TNA. :rolleyes:

:devil:

Hoping Eddie Edwards gets a singles run. I agree X-Division could sure use him. He, Tigre uno, and the current champ could put on quite the matches.

I wonder if TNA would use this time to push Eddie to the TNA title, or even the X-Division or King of the Mountain. I think keeping him in a single's role, while playing to the fall of his tag team partner, could really cement him as a serious competitor while also keeping the Wolves fresh in their mind if they so choose to reunite them upon the return of Davey Richards.

If they have Eddie Edwards feuding with Trevor Lee for the X-Div. title in the meantime, that just might be enough to get me to start tuning back in on Tues. nights.

Davey is constantly getting hurt, especially since going to TNA, it might be time for him to adjust his style a bit, his body obviously can't handle the stupid physical style he's currently working.

They've actually both been hurt. It was EE who was hurt first if my memory serves.

But yeah, EE right to the X Division would do wonders for helping to elevate it.

A shame to see Davey out of action again, I have always been a fan of the Wolves and personally think they are the best tag team in the world today, but the Tag Divisions loss is the x divisions gain. Eddie proved during his time in ROH that he is a great singles competitor and if given the chance could really elevate the x division.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back