• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Daniel Bryan Occupies Raw / Gets WM matches

pepentorresHHH

Getting Noticed By Management
Raw just ended. And the biggest take away from this episode of MNR was the Occupy Raw segment where after crowding the ringside area and ring itself Daniel Bryan made HHH agree to a match for WM but not only that but if he beats Triple H he gets inserted into the title match against Batista and Randy Orton

Personally I loved the segment, it lasted 30 minutes, great mic work from all participants and it certainly became a Raw Moment that we'll revisit later this year and for many years to come in best of WWE or Raw moments.

Some people are complaining it was too long, but it should have been if they were hijacking the show

And more importantly they have "fixed" WM's main event and locked HHH and Bryan Match

Thoughts......

I think it was a good idea for a segment but took far too long. Good idea bad execution

There is nothing new under the sun, but those segments were some damn good television.

Hmmm a brewing angle for 6-7 months will get settled at WrestleMania... almost like they plan these things Yes! Yes! Yes!

I think it was a good idea for a segment but took far too long. Good idea bad execution

Ill respectfully disagree, if you weren't strapping Bryan at HiaC, it has to last til mania.. With that knowledge I think this wasthe perfect week, 4 weeks for of this...

I definitely enjoyed the concept and Bryan's promo work during this segment but I do think it kinda skirted the line of being overkill.

The Occupy MNR was brilliant and very well done.. I thoroughly enjoyed it.. Very brilliant,to basically hi-jack a MNR and get what you want.. That was some very good entertaining stuff,the whole crowd was definitely into it..

The fans stormed the ringside area at 9:57. The segment ended at 10:12. That's 15 minutes, 20 if you count Bryan's promo before the Occupy stuff started, including a lengthy commercial break.

And 15-20 minutes is extremely normal for a major angle involving main eventers. That opening segment with Hogan, Cena, and the Wyatt Family? Yeah, that lasted 25 minutes.

That was a brilliant way for Bryan to force his way into the matches he wanted at WrestleMania. Obviously the original plan was for him to do that to force his way into the title match, but they did a good job of adjusting on the fly when they had to take Punk off the card. Besides, it was exceedingly entertaining. Isn't that the most important thing? Yes! Yes! Yes!

A very good segment that finally wwe fans got what they want.
Wwe played with fans very well. They make fans angry against authority. HHH make himself as a vince level.
Wwe universe get big payday at wm30.

I enjoyed the segment and thought it was really well done. It was a lot different than a standard promo segment and I'm glad they did something so different to shake things up a bit. After all, Bryan's already asked Triple H to face him a couple of times, so having him change tactics so dramatically made for some great television. It accomplished several different goals and while it may have taken a little while to do, that was part of it. After all, Triple H simply wasn't going to cave within a couple of minutes to Daniel Bryan's demands.

The Authority can be extremely smug at times, almost to an unbearable degree, and this is really the first time since The Authority came about that anyone's ever really gotten under their skin. Fans have wanted to see someone finally get to them and using Bryan and his connection with the fans to essentially "hijack" Raw was an entertaining way to do it. I think it would've come off even better if they'd done this in Chicago last week.

The segment also was able to give fans what they want while, probably, saving the WWE WHC match at WrestleMania in the process. Bryan essentially blackmailed Triple H not only into facing him at WrestleMania, but putting him in the championship match if he beats Triple H. I thought Triple H & Stephanie both played their roles extremely well last night, I thought I saw & heard some of the old "Billion Dollar Princess" come out in Stephanie last night when she was screeching into the mic.

There's no guarantee that Bryan walks out of WrestleMania XXX with the title, but there's a strong possibility that he does. Either way, it's fairly certain that Bryan goes over Triple H.

I really enjoyed this, and not just because I'm a Daniel Bryan mark. They played on the idea of the occupy Wallstreet movement, and they used that to recognize how HHH and Steph have universal appeal as smug corporate bullies. It was one of those rare instances of a unique wrestling angle, they usually just recycle old ones every seven years or so.

I got a kick out of regular people of all variations standing tall with Daniel Bryan, it kind of reminded me of when Rocky had a workout montage scene and all the kids joined him in his workout to show how inspiring he is.

If this was all planned, then consider me duped. I figured that the WWE would stick to their guns and book what they knew would be a historic Wrestlemania regardless of a lackluster card, and maybe push Daniel Bryan for the world title at the next Wrestlemania so it could stand out on its own. Wrestlemania 30 is a milestone, Wrestlemania 31 is just another Wrestlemania.

I don't think that the segment was too long, I think you'd have to be pretty fucking stupid to have sat through that garbage segment with Cena and Hogan only to have any other reason to complain after the show. Is anybody honestly excited to see who wins the Andre the Giant statue? The segment was long enough to get its point across, the people own that ring because the people pay the salaries of WWE employees. The people came out in support of their favorite performer and would not be denied. Now a ticket to Wrestlemania is actually worth something.

This was one of the best WWE segments in years. That some people are complaining about it is baffling to me. What more did they want? What weren't they given? Seriously. Some people really won't be happy unless they're the ones writing the show.

To those saying the WWE was mocking the fans with the segment, they weren't. They took something that they'd lost control of and they simply regained control of it. At a certain point in time, they realized they had to get Daniel Bryan in the main event of WrestleMania, and so they took an organic occurrence - the fans threatening to revolt - and they used it to tell their story. Isn't that a good thing? Aren't the best stories the ones that turn up the volume on real life situations? Well, that's exactly what the WWE did last night with the occupy segment.

It's no different than in 1997 when Vince McMahon organically became Mr. McMahon after screwing Bret Hart at Survivor Series. People legitimately hated McMahon for it, and so he used that to launch one of the best villains of all time. In doing so, he wasn't mocking Bret Hart or the WWE fans. He took an organic happening, and he used it to tell a better story that he could control. From a story-telling sense, how is that really any different than the WWE using the 'hi-jack' threats as a vehicle to launch Daniel Bryan into WrestleMania? It isn't.

I saw on the story article threads (a place I'm no longer welcome to comment...) that people were upset that the fans at ringside were paid workers - as if they felt lied to because the WWE didn't allow 100 or so fans jump the barricade and enter the ring for 20 minutes. That, honestly, has to be one of the dumbest complaints I've ever heard. If you thought the 'fans' at ringside last night weren't scripted into the show, then that says all I need to know about you. You aren't going to put your wrestlers in danger like that - or risk potential chaos - by allowing a bunch of drunk idiots into the ring during a live broadcast. There are hundreds of potential lawsuits that come from that.

As for the duration of the segment... I saw no problem with it. It was 20 minutes, and it never stopped moving forward. From a technical writing standpoint, it might actually be the best-written 20 minutes the WWE has ever produced (from a technical standpoint, 99.9% of what the WWE writes is pure garbage.) They told you the problem (Bryan wants the match with Triple H). They heightened the problem (the fans stormed the ring, the fans refused to leave the ring, a match couldn't get started.) They exploded the problem with Stephanie's epic tantrum. Then they solved the problem with Triple H realizing he had no choice but to accept the challenge. And they followed with an honest conclusion to the situation when Bryan - realizing he had Triple H by the balls - demanded a spot in the main event if he beats Triple H.

...because let's be honest. When we realize we have someone pinned against the wall, we never ask for just one thing, right? We always try to push the envelope and see if we can get more.

Raw just ended. And the biggest take away from this episode of MNR was the Occupy Raw segment where after crowding the ringside area and ring itself Daniel Bryan made HHH agree to a match for WM but not only that but if he beats Triple H he gets inserted into the title match against Batista and Randy Orton

Personally I loved the segment, it lasted 30 minutes, great mic work from all participants and it certainly became a Raw Moment that we'll revisit later this year and for many years to come in best of WWE or Raw moments.

Some people are complaining it was too long, but it should have been if they were hijacking the show

And more importantly they have "fixed" WM's main event and locked HHH and Bryan Match

Thoughts......

Meh, the HHH/Bryan match was pretty much set in stone anyway, so they didn't need to "Occupy" RAW in one of THE most ******ed segments in history (IMO)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back