Daniel Bryan is Overrated

CM Punk sucks on the mic. His promos are monotoned and boring. Repeating the same thing (Best in the World etc) again and again isn't considered "good mic skills".

I have to disagree with you 100%. Punk is easily the best Mic worker WWE has to offer. He's promos don't sound scripted. They feel very organic and his words always carry a certain weight with them. The guy knows how to articulate himself very well and always manages to keep the crowd engaged with his promos because he delivers them with such conviction.

Then you complain that he says the same things over again. Does "I'm the best in the world at everything I do" sound familiar? Or how about HHH and how he would always tell people that he was "that damn good" Or about everything The Rock says? Or perhaps how Bret Hart would always refer to himself has the best there is, the best there was, the best there ever will be? My point is wrestlers have certain phrase they have that can instantly garner a connection with the crowd that everybody is familiar with. You obviously haven't been watching wrestling very long because this happens with a lot of the wrestlers. Biased post is biased.

Everybody who doesn't agree with you isn't a troll, jackass.

Calm down guy, we're all friends here, right? No need to blatantly antagonize my buddy here unprovoked.

Anyway...on to the actual topic on hand.

1. His Matches Aren't That Good- Bryan's matches are getting to the point of being boring. He has the same 5 Moves of Doom that Cena does, except it looks more complicated. He's a spot monkey at best.

If you pay any sort attention to any match with any WWE superstar, everybody has their own specific move-set. Watch any match with any superstar and you will see this.

Every time Bryan is in a match, he ignites the crowd. In every city he participates in. Do you even watch his matches? They are very easily the most exciting part of the show and when the crowd's are at their hottest.

2. He Is God Awful on the Mic- Bryan just comes out and screams, shouts Yes, and that's every one of his promos. I skip them.

First off, how can you say his promos are all the same when you supposedly just skip them? Hmmm, something don't sound right here.

Why do people have such high expectations for Mic skills? You go back across generations and you will see that, sure, somebody never had amazing talent on the stick. Yet, that never stopped them from being successful. Bryan may not be the best in the mic, but IMO he doesn't really need to be on CM Punk or John Cena or even Rock level. He connects through the crowd not with words, but with wrestling. The crowds love him despite his apparent lacking of mic skills.

3. He's too Small- I can't take somebody I'm bigger and taller than being a World Champion. Bryan should be in the mid card picture at best just based on his size. If you then take into consideration his lack of talent, he should be a jobber.

Good lord, are you a WWE suit and tie with all these posts? The whole he's got no mic skills, he's too small. Since when does size matter? Do you hate guys like Bret Hart, Shawn Michaels, Rey Mysterio and CM Punk as well? Do you hate them because they don't fit your bill on what a superstar should look like? You need to broaden your view and expand your mind chum.

Got to stop you there,

He and KANE did nothing for the tag division, absolutely nothing, want proof?

The tag division is more or less in the identical position it was this time last year, through no fault of either KANE or BRYAN, but creative.
while it's not in the best shape, it did help get the Tag Titles more noticable. want proof, look at the Tag Team titles BEFORE Kane and Bryan held them and now look at them. defended more, on a team who's well known in the Shield and are more relevant, is it in the best shape, no, but there's no denying that Bryan (and Kane) helped that Tag Division out a bit, now it's up to WWE to help it more by 1) Finding teams that they can build up and 2) keep giving the Tag Team division exposure.

I think daniel is overrated cause wwe overrates everybody wrestler thier trying to push, daniel lacks my interest. to me daniel has always been boring. and im just not a d bryan fan. cause i think d bryan needs alot more mic work.

I agree, Daniel Bryan IS overrated, BUT that doesn't mean he is lousy. If I were to rate him from a scale of 1-10, I would have given him a 7.5. A "7.5" is high by my standard, given his size and the obvious limitations due to his size.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back