• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Daniel Bryan Catches A Thief

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
For some strange reason, it's taken all week for this report to hit the internet. :p

According to the ABC affiliate out of Phoenix, Arizona, Daniel Bryan detained a thief that broke into his house Monday night. As Bryan & Brie were pulling into their carport, they saw that the front door was open. Two men ran out of the house and Bryan gave chase, running down one of the burglars, identified as 22 year old Caesar Sosa, and detained him until the cops arrived. The other suspect got away and hasn't been picked up. I'm guessing Sosa hasn't squealed on him as of yet and Bryan is expected to speak to the media sometime this afternoon.

There weren't any details about how Sosa was detained, if he put up a struggle or anything. I'm guessing such details might be revealed whenever Bryan's scheduled to talk about this. When I saw the headline, I thought he'd caught someone who'd stolen something at ComiCon in San Diego since he made an appearance there this week.

Article is wrong straight off... Brie was at RAW and 24th was last night when he was Comic-Con...

Not so sure when this would have been but it's pretty scary stuff... The guy apparently had warrants for kidnapping so it could have been a lot worse for the Danielsons. This is a good story WWE can "spin" (shame they can't link it into the Steph "arrest" story) but from Bryan's perspective it was probably a risk not worth taking... he is already in trouble physically... stuff can be replaced... his health can't and that could have gone very wrong indeed.

TMZ put out a report just now and the initial info about it being Monday was wrong. This happened last night and mentions, as has already been pointed out, that Brie was in Miami on Monday night doing her angle with Stephanie McMahon.

TMZ states that Bryan wrestled Caesar Sosa to the ground and had him locked in a rear naked choke for around 5 minutes until the police arrived. Bryan obviously didn't have the choke applied fully and was using it to restrain him, otherwise the guy would've long since died from oxygen depletion before the cops arrived. They also noted that Brie was able to recover the items were in the process of taking and one of the things was a bracelet that belonged to Bryan's father who dies a little over 3 months ago.

Anyone else initially assume this would lead to another injury for DB?

Glad to hear no one got hurt. Must have been a scary moment for both of them. I'm not really sure what to say about this to keep it from being SPAM. I guess I can say that I am against robbing people in this and most situations. It must be a difficult decision when choosing to rob a professional wrestler. On one hand Bryan should have some decent stuff but on the other hand he can kick your ass.

Would be really ironic if after all these years Brie finally made Bryan get a TV and it got stolen? How about the fact that Bryan had help from the "authorities"?

I smell a Total Divas storyline.

Are The Authority suspects?

Can Daniel Bryan can ever catch a break? Luckily, they were able to recover their items. Especially his father's bracelet.

This should put an end to Daniel Bryan looks weak argument. Bryan is legit I'm not saying he can beat down anybody but he can hold his own in any fight

*FREEZE ROLLING ON THE FLOOR LAUGHING MY AZZ OFF*

James2293....,

Why oh why should this stop the argument that DB looks weak. This didn't say Bryan went into a bar and whooped 12 drunk Marines. This did NOT say that Bryan is legitimately is feared throughout the locker room. It did not say that Bryan beat up and help down BRRRRROOOOOOOCCCCCK LESNAR....

IT SAID HE BEAT UP A 22 year old Kid.....

We don't know what the Kid looks like. He could have been rail thin and drunk...

He could have been 5'2 and weighed 86 pounds.

There is NOTHING in this article that helps Bryan look tough to the mainstream public...

Why because BRYAN DOES NOT APPEAR TOUGH TO THE MAINSTREAM PUBLIC...

If the Yes chant was gone Bryan would be to right now

*FREEZE ROLLING ON THE FLOOR LAUGHING MY AZZ OFF*

James2293....,

Why oh why should this stop the argument that DB looks weak. This didn't say Bryan went into a bar and whooped 12 drunk Marines. This did NOT say that Bryan is legitimately is feared throughout the locker room. It did not say that Bryan beat up and help down BRRRRROOOOOOOCCCCCK LESNAR....

IT SAID HE BEAT UP A 22 year old Kid.....

We don't know what the Kid looks like. He could have been rail thin and drunk...

He could have been 5'2 and weighed 86 pounds.

There is NOTHING in this article that helps Bryan look tough to the mainstream public...

Why because BRYAN DOES NOT APPEAR TOUGH TO THE MAINSTREAM PUBLIC...

If the Yes chant was gone Bryan would be to right now

Not many people would chase him after that happen. If anything, you may just stay back and don't do anything.

@FreezeIsGawd: Outside of the fact that Bryan has trained under grapplers like Neil Melanson in Couture's camp, the fact that the thief was an accused kidnapper...Regardless of size, being able to stop somebody that dangerous is a tough feat

But how do you know what the mainstream thinks about him besides your moronic bold assertions?

FreezeIzGAWD so what if the guys were 6-4 and 300 pounds? Chasing after burglars isn't tough? What if they had a knife or a gun or some other weapon?

Thank god Daniel or Brie were not hurt. What a dangerous situation that Daniel decided to do. Who could blame him though? Certainly not me. Considering what Daniel had been through this year, I feel empathy for him.

This could have gone terribly wrong. Reports day, Daniel had the guy in a rear naked chokehold. Good for him that thief on the ground. Daniel while not the biggest guy around, certainly knows how to protect himself. We all would have done the same thing, protecting our families.

Again I'm glad no one got hurt.

Mr. Sweet Cheeks 15 and James2293.....

I see we are resorting to name calling bad and hyperbole when all else fails. You are right the burglar could have been a former green beret who had grenades filled with Agent Orange and two street sweepers in each hand but since it was not REPORTED I am going to not that extreme. I am trying to figure out what I said that is moronic....

I just said to the mainstream public Bryan does not LOOK TOUGH.....

He doesn't... Hence his underdog image. People don't look at Bryan as a Superhero. They look at him as a guy who is really little fighting Monsters. That can't be his gimmick if he was the BIG SHOW now can it?

So obviously the general public does NOT see him as a big tough guy... If I am not mistaken the Rock stopped a criminal a while back but NO ONE WAS SURPRISED...

Why because the Rock looks like a legit TOUGH GUY to Joe Public

http://www.destinationhackney.co.uk/news/9DAC6CE5CBCD40668BA21ECC50A02B77

Oh and by the way I agree with Pedigree 1. I am glad that Bryan and wife are okay.

Seriously!

I also feel that is what any Man would do if he felt someone was threatening his family.
I KNOW I WOULD...

I Have lived in the Gutters before boys and fighting and violence was just a way of life so I can honestly say whether smart or not I have run up on so Tough Cats before. It is just the nature of the Beast and I am sure with the adrenaline rush Bryan had from seeing someone in his home he just did not care....

It could have gotten REAL UGLY..

THANK GOD IT DID NOT!!!!

omg i cracked the case and we are down to a couple suspects. on monday stephanie mcmahn was arrested under suspicion of being the second burgular and the guy bryan detained (ceaser sosa) was described by JBL as mexicos worst import

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back