• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Damn you Wrestle Zone!

Armstrong

Dark Match Jobber
I am sick to death of Wrestle Zone giving away spoilers. I understand that there is a good portion of the WZ audience that may be interested in learning what happens on a show before they watch it, or so they don't have to watch it, and that's fine. I have no issue with this, but why must WZ insist on listing spoilers right on the front page in the news topics. I'm speaking of the following article posted today.

“*Spoiler:* Big Title Change at Last Night's Impact Taping.” -By Nick Paglino

WZ does this every time a title changes on a taped television program. I know that it doesn't state who is going to win, but seriously, the cat is out of the bag as soon as the title match is announced. I simply do not wish to be subject to any more spoilers.

I migrated to Wrestle Zone a few years ago when Chris Cash and Nick Paglino of The Voice of Wrestling joined the website. Partially to follow VOW, and also to get away from some of the other sites that were terrible about giving away spoilers. Now here I am, angry at the very guy that brought me to Wrestle Zone to begin with. Nick, I'm a fan of you and Chris on VOW, but I'm still pissed at you right now.

(Speaking of which, is VOW out indefinitely? I would be interested in a VOW comeback. Aside from Get In The Ring, VOW was my favorite wrestling radio show.)

Again, to the people who enjoy reading the spoilers, great. I don't want to take this option away from you. I just don't want to sacrifice my viewing enjoyment by seeing spoilers in the subject line on the front page.

Dude Armstrong stop complaining. If a story says *spoiler* or Big Title Change and you don't want to be spoiled simply don't click the link. Use self control, and stop blaming Wrestlezone for what you have control over. If you are afraid of being spoiled then stick to WWE magazine or one of the many other Pro Wrestling publications.

ok bro, i dont know if you dont have commen sense or what, but this is kind of a wrestling site meant for us to know what is going on underground, what is coming before it does, and to give us the scoop on everything as it happens, live, its not their fault for you going oh i wanna go to this link that is marked with *spoiler* and read it, its not their fault you cant read guy. Please get commen sense, or complain about something reasonable

Couldnt agree more. I 2nd that and wish that something was done about it. Why cant it be changed?

I mean we were just talking about this in the WWE's WWE Universe forum site

It's funny to me how the rules here in the WZ Forums are to have spoilers be listed with a special button that the viewers click to see it and not be given away, greatly enforced here, but not on the headlines.

Would it be so hard to just post: "Smackdown! Spoiler" by itself and not post if it's for a title period because there may only be one title match

Just posting the word Spoiler and the show involved or if it's something else, the word and wrestler or thing involved, that's enough. You'll get ppl reading anyway, but ppl like me wont.

The IWC claims wrestling is predictable etc or how this or that show sucks, but ruins it for themselves and everyone else and this is a classic case'

If you read a spoiler you wont take it in the same as if you had watched it. Watching a spoiler isnt good as a fan if you watch afterwards or see a spoiler and then say "I'm not watching Smackdown!"

Why not have it all be a surprise then see how you like it

Spoilers in the Headlines need to go NOW

ok bro, i dont know if you dont have commen sense or what, but this is kind of a wrestling site meant for us to know what is going on underground, what is coming before it does, and to give us the scoop on everything as it happens, live, its not their fault for you going oh i wanna go to this link that is marked with *spoiler* and read it, its not their fault you cant read guy. Please get commen sense, or complain about something reasonable

He can read, but when you read each line you shouldnt have to watch what you read because something may be a spoiler and ALL spoilers dont have the word next to it. It should be just the word and main thing involved:

Ex: when these guys know who the leader or GM is they shouldnt post, just as an ex:

The Rock is going to be revealed on Raw as GM Tonight!

they should rather post

Spoiler: Find out who will be revealed as Anonymous GM Tonight

or

Spoiler: Anonymous GM To be Revealed as...

something like that, it's really easy to fix this issue to please everyone and if it wasnt a serious issue you wouldnt have it enforced on these forums

How about you stop bitchin' and get back in the kitchen?

Just don't read these articles if you're scared it's gonna be spoilt for you. Surely - *big title change* makes you wanna see the show more to find out which one it was? Damn. Learn some self control.

Also, learn to butter only one side of the bread when you be making me a sandwich.

I agree completely. A couple of idiots are sayin to have self control clearly they didnt read your post properly because sometimes the headline is enough to spoil the surprise. If it says new champ crowned and they anounce a title match at the begining of the show then its ben ruined for you even tho you did show self control and didnt click on the link. Its bad enough I have friends that insist on ruining smackdown for me every week I also gotta worry about things on the front page spoiling matches and storylines as well. Sure most of the time the headlines dont spoil anything unless you click but sometimes they do and to me thats a problem. I feel your pain man I really do

With a title like that and looking at the members and guests who are reading it, how can you not grab all of our attention? The only thing funnier about this whole thing would be for Paul Bearer to say it: Damn You WrestleZone! Damn You to Hell!

Anyway, I think a wrestling site has the right to put spoilers on its front page, especially if the term *SPOILER* is used before the line. For someone that reads left to right, this would be a warning: "Wow, do I really want to continue or not?" Spoilers are news, and as a result, they deserve to be in that section. What do you want them to do? Put Mick Foley barbed wire smiley faces before the subject. They don't need to make a new section for spoilers. The front page is at least somewhat organized.

The site needs to get people to read what's on the front page. This includes ALL wrestling news, spoiler and non-spoiler. To quote Booker T, "Don't hate the player. Hate the Game."

Well, I can see both sides of this. Although I agree that they haven't revealed the true story, they still infer spoilers and this is wrong. Totally wrong.

If you say spoiler - title change for show taped for next week. Then on this weeks show you see a title match advertised for next week - the ending has (almost) been spoiled anyway.

There was another one just before Fatal 4 Way - "Possible plans for Fatal 4 Way" (this could've been anything - running order, new matches etc...) but then they told me who was planned to win the Smackdown match.

Wrestlezone need to tighten this up, unless it says "Spoilers: Results of *** tapings" - don't say it at all. Why report that as a separate news story anyway?

I think this post would have worked better of you had *Spoiler* in front of it!

But in all seriousness, I see where you're coming from, it does get a bit irritating when it comes to some spoilers, but thats the point of headlines, to grab your attention. I mean if it said "spoiler regarding todays Tna taping" you probably won't want to look it it(unless it was the full results), but if you're complaining about the title changing one then I find that rather silly, I mean Tna have lots titles that could change at any time, and them saying that in the headline will make me want to look at Tna, it's advertising in a way.

Also, I kind of like the spoilers, in a way I kind of treat them like you would treat a book that will turn into a movie, you read it and you like the spoilers, so it makes you excited to see how it all plans/turns out, then you know you can look forward to a good show, so I applaud Wrestlezone fo it's use of Spoilers.

Hey clowns who are saying things like "don't click the link," try learning how to read. His complaint is THE SUBJECT GIVES THE SPOILER AWAY. When it says "BIG TITLE CHANGE" guess what? THE TITLE MATCH IS SPOILED!

Yeah, it makes me wanna see the show to find out which one. And then 15 seconds into the show when they advertise an IC title match between Rey Mysterio and John Morrison, I KNOW JOHN MORRISON IS GOING TO WIN! Good god. Common sense and literacy are your friends, people.

To be honest, I don't really care, I read the spoilers anyway. But come on.

You know what annoys me, though? When WrestleZone (or any site) claims to have a spoiler and it's nothing more than a dirt sheet rumor. Like, according to a report, Tommy Dreamer is trying to get his ECW buddies to be at Hard Justice. What, exactly, is the spoiler there? There's no confirmation that it's even happening, even if it is they might not agree, even if they do we don't know who it will be or how it will happen, etc etc.

Dude Armstrong stop complaining. If a story says *spoiler* or Big Title Change and you don't want to be spoiled simply don't click the link. Use self control, and stop blaming Wrestlezone for what you have control over. If you are afraid of being spoiled then stick to WWE magazine or one of the many other Pro Wrestling publications.

Dude I think you are missing his point. The OP did not say he hates being spoiled by clicking on a *spoiler* link and reading it. He said he did not like seeing spoiler links listed on the front page that clearly states something big has happened on a televised program that he has not yet had the chance to watch. You don't have to click, you've already been spoiled to an extent because of the words "Big title change at Impact taping".

If WZ was concerned about some readers opinions on the topic they could've changed it easily long ago. For example they could re-word the way they title their news topics containing spoilers. Instead of "Spoiler: Big Title Change at Impact Tapings" they could make it "Spoiler: Something Big Happened at Impact Tapings", lousy I know but you catch my drift. By re-wording the title it gives nothing away on the front page, and it may attract the reader more to watch the show because he wasn't spoiled but he knows something big is happening on the show. WZ could create a spoiler tab much like they've done with the editorials, news and photos and such. Put all your spoiler related content into that particular section, so that way it is off the front page and if you don't want to be spoiled on anything, you just don't click the tab.

I realize this is a wrestling news site so spare me all your psycho-babble. To the people who do like to be spoiled for whatever reason, that is fine. Like he said, we do want to take that from you, is it that hard to make one extra click on a tab to re-direct you to your spoiler listings? I like the backstage stories, the inside scoops and such, but when I come to this site I don't want to be smacked in the face with a huge spoiler as soon as the front page loads. I just think something could be done, because I know this is not the first time this discussion has come up.

Once again, I do not have a problem with the concept of spoilers being on the Wrestle Zone website. If that is the sort of thing that you visit the site for, then awesome, more power to you and I don't want to stop you from this. My point is that when I watch a wrestling show, I want it all to be new to me, I want to be surprised. Hence, spoilers shouldn't be in plain sight on the front page.
I come to Wrestle Zone for the other great features they offer. The editorials, the forums, the "inside dirt,” just not the spoilers. I don't think I should have to stop visiting WZ, or be on my toes as I'm browsing through the news articles.

Hmmm..

Just seeing how long it is before this gets trashed by the mods..

Anyways, look *****, if you don't wanna read a spoiler, don't click on the link. This isn't a site for the kayfabe and keeping it shhh...

We all know its a work, and I for one don't get a chance to catch the action on tv all the damn time you know. ****** got jobs and go to college. So the spoilers are a good thing for me. But if I were you, id just shut my mouth and enjoy the finest damn wrestling website on the planet...

This is the wrestling buisness and all aspects of it are going to be presented to the reader of the site. Its all about choices. If everyone designed things the way they liked them and didn't think about the "mark" then they would be a stones throw away from their own future endeavored list..

And to the "dirt sheet" point made by the guy a couple posts above me...

I love hearing rumors and reading about backstage politics. Its all part of what makes me attracted to the buisness in the first place. Just like putting pics on the site off superstars out @ clubs and whatnot. It ain't no spoiler but its fun to look @ and make you make your own opinion about what's going on, hence the whole reason of a "fourm" to begin with ...

Cool your jets there youngbucks, and enjoy the ride. And if you ain't down wit that ... you already know what time it is ..

This is a big complaint but I see where he is coming from(even though I read spoilers about title changes but nothing else),sine there only one title match on iMPACT.

I hate the fact that people don't have the self control to just ignore the freakin link! If it says SPOILER, immediately look to the next link. DON'T LOOK AT THE FULL LINK!!! It makes no sense to put yourself through that unless you have some sort of masochistic pleasure from this. I don't mind spoilers as I know what to look forward to. I'm not a fan of surprises as they rarely work out for me. That in part is why I'm not that big a fan of live shows. Surprises may be more lethal than what's revealed before hand.

dude, just dont read the links marked spoiler, jeez its that simple , if someone brings a bottle of bleach into your house your not gonna drink it just because it sitting on the kitchen counter are you? use a little self control and common sense, i cant believe some of the shit people complain about, not to go off on a rant but half of whats wrong with the u.s.a nowadays is people not wanting to take personal responsibility and want someone to make all of there decisions for them. grow up , if you dont like the way they do things on this or other sites you dont have to read them , nobody is making you.

It's just amazing that 3/4 of these posts are people bashing the OP for clicking the link when he didn't even fucking click the link! Learn how to read first and then maybe someone will take your comment seriously.

This has been a problem for me for quite some time. Here in the forums, they get all pissy and say that no spoilers allowed; NO EXCEPTIONS.

Then on the main site, they have no problem blurting out spoilers like a title change occurring at a taped show.

Is it that hard to just say "TNA TAPED RESULTS: BIG SPOILER!!!"?

We REALLY need this argument again? It's as simple as this: Spoilers and "plans" are clearly labeled. The only other thing that can really be done is to not put them on the site at all. Then it's no longer news and people will go elsewhere to get the spoiler. The spoilers will always exist as long as there are taped shows and reporters at house shows.

We REALLY need this argument again? It's as simple as this: Spoilers and "plans" are clearly labeled. The only other thing that can really be done is to not put them on the site at all. Then it's no longer news and people will go elsewhere to get the spoiler. The spoilers will always exist as long as there are taped shows and reporters at house shows.

Are you guys really this daft? Go back and read the OP and then make an actual legitimate, reasonable response. It's the way the links are worded, not that he's clicking on a spoiler link and thus being spoiled, that's not his argument here. Take your time and READ first!

Hey guys, I understand the spoiler issue. I have to say, though, that it would be easier for me to address it if you emailed me as opposed to creating a whole thread about it in the forums with a title that's more sensationalized than any spoilers I've posted. But I get it, you don't want the spoilers and I will work on making it less of a give away. I think I do a decent job as it is, but I realize that the TNA title change headline is a dead give away considering there aren't any other title matches on the card. It was an oversight more than anything else, and in the future I will work on making sure the headlines are more non-spoiler friendly.

-Nick

Yeah I get what you're talking about. The forums are heavily monitored against spoilers, and lots of people even get banned for life just from messing up once. But yet on the main site they post them all the time. I'm not talking about the ones with Spoiler links. I mean, duh, that's what the site is all about. But you're right about the times they give away the spoiler in the link, and don't give you the option to steer clear of it. They never tell you who won the title, or which title, or which superstar is making their return, or whatever....but the fact that they've spoiled just a small aspect of the show without giving you the option is a little annoying to me. Now, I read spoilers all the time, so it's not that big of a deal for me.

Just one question...what is this doing in the WWE vs. TNA/general wrestling discussion? You know this is going into spam, and you'll probably get marked for it... Just a head up so you don't get into trouble. It just has nothing to do with WWE vs. TNA or wrestling in general. I'd move it before it gets moved for you... The mods are not really huge fans of complaining, especially if it's against WZ.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back