• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Damn Paparazzi!!!!!

Written by Andrew on Aug 11, 2008 - 2:47:07 PM

WNW reader Andrew sent the following report:

I was actually right in the middle of the whole incident involving Maryse on Saturday in Venice. I can tell you first hand exactly what happened. Also just a side note, no the paparazzi guy did NOT work for TMZ. He works for an outside agency that sells stuff to TMZ, and all other tabloids. Very few photogs actually work for the tabloids. They work for agencies, and when they get a money shot, they shop it around to all the tabloids. But after talking to the idiot all day, I know for fact he does NOT work for TMZ. But has sold a lot of his work to the site. So I would think you'd probably prefer to leave TMZ out of the incident.

Oh yeah interesting side not, Chris Masters showed up about mid day. He lives in LA and was there visiting his friends. Was a very nice person. Gladly signed many autographs for everyone, and posed for pics.

Here is my report:

Hi my name is Andrew Davis, from Bakersfield, Ca. I have sent you little tidbits from signings and shows b4. I was at the WWE Summer Fest event in Venice Saturday, And was in the middle of a major incident between Maryse and a paparazzi jackass. Me and my friends Jared (is in a wheelchair has cerebral palsy) and my other friend Charlie drove down for the event. We went last year and it was a blast.

We found out the hotel a block away where they run everything last year, so we figured why even try to fight the thousands of fans to see anything or even try to get an autograph and just hung out at the hotel all day. We met everyone from Miz, to Dreamer, to Eve, to Candice etc. Really didn't have any problems all day, except there was this paparazzi guy constantly hounding us and the wrestlers. It finally came to a head as Maryse was preparing to leave and go home.

I was standing just inside the lobby of the hotel having a conversation with Maryse telling her about my friend Jared in hopes she would take a picture with him. (I met her last year so I wasn't interested). In the middle of our conversation as she was starting for the door to come out and take a picture with Jared, this paparazzi guys comes into the hotel and shoved his video camera in Maryse's face. Causing her to grab her bag and run around the corner.

At this point the WWE PR people went haywire. This guy had already supposedly gotten into another of the diva's face earlier in the day, and now he was out of control. He was ordered off the property the police were being called. He refused to stop recording and leave. Even went as far as to make the remarks that why doesn't she come out and take a picture with this guy in the wheelchair. The WWE people made it very clear that she wanted to, but he needed to turn off the camera first. He refused saying its his right, why does she just come out. The WWE people repeatedly asked him to just let her come out and take care of this fan. But he got rude, and distasteful.

At some point Maryse did come out crying by now, jumped in her limo and left. The paparazzi literally chased the limo down the street. When it stopped at the stop sign, they stood in front of the limo snapping pictures. I have heard all kinds of stories about the paparazzi, and can now say first hand its all true. This idiot all day was hounding us obviously trying to get the story of this kid in a wheelchair meeting all the stars. We didn't have a problem, even gladly gave him some video messages. It became very obvious as the day went on, he was hoping he would get snubbed by someone and he would have a story. Well when it was obvious he wasn't going to have his story he decided to make a story. It didn't ruin our fun, but definitely made for a less festive mood.

Here is a photo of Carlito sporting a new look & Maryse leaving for her match:

maryseaccident.jpg

Credit: .MCH

:angry: He must sufferrrrrr.

Flames Out
Dragon

This is ridiculous. Why do they ahve to freak out so much? Wouldn't they get better pics if they stood back?

Maryse should have kicked him in the face...but she would probably fall down. Anyways the paparazzi seem like ass's and should really give people their space. It was obvious that Maryse was getting bothered and just wanted to be left alone. Paparazzi's make me angry sometimes(specially when they attack the beautiful Maryse).

I knew you'd make a thread about this, LOL

But yeah, the pap did act like a twat.

Not to sound bad, but Maryse isn't big enough of a WWE star to merit such stalkerism. He must be desperate cuz I would think that Carlito would get heavier paparazzi annoyance.

Not to sound bad, but Maryse isn't big enough of a WWE star to merit such stalkerism. He must be desperate cuz I would think that Carlito would get heavier paparazzi annoyance.

Maryse is the most perfect being on this earth.

Carlito is a guy with a bad attitude and worse hair.

Hmmm

Flames Out
Dragon

Carlito maybe the bigger wwe "star" but i can bet that Maryse is probably more famous to the general public. She's been in playboy and on gameshows, and in music videos. Really most of the general public would probably think Carlito was a sideshow bob impersonator, Maryse on the other hand is hot!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back