Erin Andrews' Peeper Pleads Guilty

Turd Ferguson

DA-DA Da Da Da Bah Da Da DADADA
In the docs, the feds claim Michael Barrett called 7 hotels in Columbus, Ohio on January 28 and 29 of 2008, trying to find out where she would be staying. The documents officially charge Barrett with 1 count of interstate stalking.

After striking gold with the Columbus Hotel, Barrett got a room next door to her, altered the peephole device and secretly shot video of Andrews.

Barrett then used the Internet to send the video to his email account.

Fast forward to July. He called 14 hotels in Milwaukee, Wisconsin and found where she was staying there. Again, he checked in, altered the peephole device in her room and shot video.

Then again on September 2, Barrett called a hotel, located Andrews' reservation, requested the room next door and on September 4 he altered the peephole and shot video of Andrews naked.

The email he sent the video to -- [email protected]. He eventually sent TMZ the video but we did not post it.

The feds say Barrett then posted the videos on a Google video account calling the video, "Erin Andrews Naked Butt."

TMZ received a statement from Barrett's lawyer, saying, "Mr. Barrett would like to express his deep regret for the circumstances that have caused the issuance of the charges against him today. It is his sincere hope that this matter can be resolved as soon as possible."

Seriously, how badly can there be such a breakdown in hotel security? Apparently, there were 8 separate occasions where this took place. If I'm Erin Andrews, I sue the hell out of these hotels, and I retire because I'm set for life.

I remember shortly after this happened, Inside Edition went ahead and set it up where Lisa Guerrero was going to stay in a few hotels, and they'd call and see if she was staying there. Each time, the hotel went ahead and gave up her whereabouts as to what room she was staying in.

At my job, we're given strict instructions not to do that, and it really is illegal. There's so many privacy issues being broken there.

Last year, around September, Cindy McCain was doing a Meet & Greet in the area, and a room was booked at every single hotel in the area, so that if word got out, no one would know where she really was. It may cost a bit more, but these people need to think about throwing off creeps like this.

They shouldn't have to worry about it, but while they do, these measures need to be taken.

Just not in the case of celebrities, but say if a woman had a husband/boyfriend threaten to kill her, or whatever, and she checks into a hotel for some safety/security.

Does that mean that the husband can call each hotel and ask if his wife is staying there? So many dangerous breakdowns in hotel security that can potentially lead to so many bad situations. It's a shame that it takes a situation such as this to really wonder how secure people are when they check into a hotel.

Just not in the case of celebrities, but say if a woman had a husband/boyfriend threaten to kill her, or whatever, and she checks into a hotel for some safety/security.

Does that mean that the husband can call each hotel and ask if his wife is staying there? So many dangerous breakdowns in hotel security that can potentially lead to so many bad situations. It's a shame that it takes a situation such as this to really wonder how secure people are when they check into a hotel.

I know you meant in general...And yes, it is against the law, and the person who gave out the information can be fired and held responsible for any damages. In this case, there happens to be quite a lot of damage.

I've had situations where a woman will be at the hotel, and explain the situation (not that they need to, but they do), and then the husband or boyfriend calls, and we are allowed to tell them we have no record (if we know it's a threatening situation).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back