• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Damien Sandow and Cody Rhodes: Good or Bad idea?

xavyer

xavyer
Hey guys, maybe it's just me, or is the WWE trying to make a tag team with Damien Sandow and Cody Rhodes? And if they are, is it a good idea or a bad one? Because to me, is not good for Damien Sandow because he is doing great on his own, and in my opinion, teaming him with Rhodes, or whoever i think it will kill his momentum, i think that the reason for the WWE to make this tag team is to some how keep Cody Rhodes relevant, because it will help Cody much more than it would Sandow, what do you guys think??

It's obvious WWE is making a team with Sandow and Rhodes. They announced their tag team name and claimed they were going to be the next champions. I don't know why there is any doubt in your mind. To answer your question I think it's a bad idea. Not because this hurts Sandow or Rhodes but because it hurts the supposed effort to rebuild the tag division. They're just another two singles guys who are going to be put together for a short amount of time and the partnership will be forgotten as soon as it's over. Teams like the Prime Time Players and Primo and Epico aren't anything special but at least I believe they are partners who want to be tag team champions instead of two singles wrestlers who just don't have anything better to do at the moment.

I think it's a bad idea. Damien Sandow's character doesn't seem like the type that would be in a tag team. He puts himself above everyone else and thinks he's better than everyone. He has decent momentum going as a singles wrestler and doesn't need to be in a tag team to further himself.

Cody is already established. He has won singles gold and some people see him as a legit future main eventer. There's nothing to be gained from being in a tag team with Sandow.

So overall neither stands to gain anything from this team and it's not going to propel them to a higher level. I also don't like that they are randomly pairing people up in teams now when they aren't even using teams like the Usos very much. They're pushing Kidd and Gabriel as being in a team but both of them are working singles matches lately.

Bad idea.

Its good for them but bad for the divison. They get to be in a fued with the two most over guys in the wwe today, and maybe after there done with Kane and Byran they can fued with Rey and Cara. If they weren't teaming toghter i don't think there would be anything for them to do aside from a cody face turn which i don't see happening.

It's bad for the divison cause the'll get a title shot over a team like the uso's, PTP our hell even Cara and Rey then after a month or two of teaming they disband and no real team will be elevated in that time.

I like Damien Sandow. I like Cody Rhodes. I don't like Damien Sandow and Cody Rhodes.

Cody Rhodes can play the role of a tag team guy very well, being a three time tag team champion. Sandow, I'm not so sure about. But the last thing that either of them needs is to be in a tag team. Cody Rhodes is just a few tiny steps away from being ready to become a prime time player in his own right. Damien Sandow puts himself above everyone and anyone else, so I don't think putting him in a team is a great move. Plus, I think that he still needs time to branch out on his own, as I feel that he could be a great midcarder. I personally just don't see how either of these men benefit from being thrown together. I don't see why not use Primo and Epico, International Airstrike, and Hunico and Camacho more instead of putting two singles guys together who don't really have a bond.

I guess im in the minority of thinking it helps the tag division and it helps Rhodes and Sandow. Neither of these men have alegit feud or anything to do. As a team they make good sense because both men always try to talk down there opponents and the fans by speaking slowly and using bigish words. So they have a chemistry in the fact that they both feel there superior to everyone else.

Now as far as helping the division, they are two credible stars who make an interesting team. Im going to go out on a limb and say they will eventually take the titles away from Team HellNo. If that happens than that team that beats them will also have a huge rub.

The WWE needs more credible and interesting tag teams that casual fans want to invest there time into. And although the IWC might enjoy a team of Kidd and Gabriels or The Usos, the casual fan doesnt care.

I really only have interest in 4 teams right now: PTP, Mysterio and Cara, Kane and Bryan, and this team. I feel like they can give a much needed rub to the division and can put on a great match as well as put another team out there people feel is a strong team.

Mark me down as another person who thinks this is a good thing all around, for them and for the division.

I am a big fan of Rhodes and Sandow, and both have been lacking for direction. Sandow has shown tons of potential but hasn't done anything serious since his debut, and Rhodes has been drifting since losing the IC title. This gives them both purpose.

I also think they both mesh well together, and I love their tag name. When they first tagged up a few weeks ago, I said to myself "Make these guys a regular team and call them Rhodes Scholars," and here we go.

And I think it's a good thing for the division for 2 reasons. 1, depth. You can't have a *division* without enough people, and adding teams to the roster is only helping. 2, the very thing some of you don't like about them- they are established/have momentum. Unlike some others, I don't see "Oh, singles stars, not a real team, bad for the division," what I see is people who *matter* in the WWE saying that the tag team titles *matter* and are something worth fighting for. That gives rub to the belts and the division and helps every team that competes for the titles.

Bad Idea. Damien Sandow just pisses me off annoying as hell, right next to Vickie (she should shut up like her husband). Cody Rhodes should be a singles competitor he's way better that way. I don't get why WWE is obliterating Cody Rhodes' character and career path by teaming him up with a bearded freak. :suspic:

IMO, this is a great idea, Rhodes and Sandow bith have great mic work and in ring is pretty good.... Im really glad to see the tag teams getting attention, but i think they have to do something more then Kane and DB stuff and then just matches, theres got to be a set up to the matche. Triple H knows this shit, Vince KNOWS this shit. and thats why the Tag teams piss me off.

Bad Idea. Damien Sandow just pisses me off annoying as hell, right next to Vickie (she should shut up like her husband).

Yea, that was classy. Douche bag.

Anyways, neither guy has a feud right now, my guess is that WWE needs a heel team to face Team Hell No and dosen't want to feed PTP to them. I think this is a short feud that lasts a month or two and then the team will split.

This could possibly be a face turn for Rhodes. He hasn't done anything note worthy since removing his mask and changing the IC title design. IMO Rhodes has no direction, why not see if he can get over. Also he is a credible guy to put over Sandow.

it's not dumb i mean... both guy esp. cody isn't doing anything or should i say creative doesn't know what to do with them so why not pair them up and have a feud with Team Hell No and maybe 1 or 2 title reigns and then maybe then we could see this team break up and have Sandow attack Cody after there loss the titles to rey and sin cara.... Have a face cody vs sandow! wwe has to many heels really!

The main thing about me is Cody is son of Dusty who is just a common man. Sandow's whole gimmick is to enlighten the common man.

They'll probably not even mention that.

Even if it's short term to give them something to do it makes sense to me as it gets Sandow into the limelight some more (after DX at Raw 1000) and gives Cody something to do. I don't think they'll be together for long but they may just hit gold, who knows.

So this has a what, .007% approval rating so far?

Tons of potential for funny promos. Unfortunately mic time seems to be divded between the same 4 or 5 people all show every show.

Will be forgettable, wasted time, for both the tag division, and for the two guys. Remember the tag champions of Drew Mcyntire and Codry RHodes? yea, I thought not.

tag division could be moving forwards with legit competition, Rhodes and Sandow could be moving forward in mid card (or in rhodes case, world title....seriously, is Sheamus that out of his league? or course not.)

Instead, we simply get more lazy booking. Oh well.

WWE should've gone with the Cody/Miz feud for the IC title. Then we wouldn't have had to see The Miz job to the worthlessness known as Ryberg... errr, Ry Van Dam... errr, that idiot, whatever his name is.

I would let them team for a while

there is no reason that they cannot support each other in chasing after the IC or US titles

Bad idea doesn't hold a fucking candle. This is Satan's rape baby after six botched attempts to abort it. This is what happens two hours after a sumo wrestler consumes a plate of asparagus, squid and burning tire.

The WWE is FUCKING STUPID! They don't have writers, they have a room full of blonde women who make a paycheck by being wishy washy about what outfit they'll wear that evening.

Little known fact about me (as few really give a fuck), I write part time for a magazine. If I EVER think my writing is getting stale or redundant, I just have to watch an episodes of anything the WWE pinches off.

Remember when tag teams were actual tag teams and not just two singles competitors that needed an uninspired push because they have that kind of political sway? The Bushwhackers, Demolition, The Hart Foundation etc.

Cody is decent, Damien hasn't failed me yet. My indifference toward them doesn't mean that my attention span will tolerate something that makes Jo fucking sense. Cody suddenly forgot his IC title ambitions, Damien ended his promo with "now you have a reason to be angry".

This is Mosh teaming up with D-Lo and dressing like arab-esque harem women for me all over again. The tag team division is a shit storm blowing through a row of wind turbines, and it's ONLY because of the piss poor management and writing staff.

Posted from Wrestlezone.com App for Android

Lee said:
The main thing about me is Cody is son of Dusty who is just a common man. Sandow's whole gimmick is to enlighten the common man.

They'll probably not even mention that.

Even if it's short term to give them something to do it makes sense to me as it gets Sandow into the limelight some more (after DX at Raw 1000) and gives Cody something to do. I don't think they'll be together for long but they may just hit gold, who knows.

My hatred for this move comes from the fact that both characters do nothing to enhance each other. They are still two individuals. If Damien teamed with someone like Eugene or of Cody teamed up with Swagger (their lisps would prevent clear communication) there would be something to build on.

I would contemplate suicide if my job was to turn a Cody Rhodes/Damien Sandow team into something with the potential for interesting plot development.

I have to say something else because I'll need an exorcism if I don't.

What the fuck Damien?

I know earlier I had a brain dump and said that Damien hasn't failed me yet. His Mic work on Monday failed me.

Some of you will learn the hard way over and over again that first impressions are the most important.

Damien said something like "now you have a reason to be angry". Ah, the anger management thing. Here's my problem: That statement warrants a response of "no shit, you just attacked them" or "no shit, unto them food is a reason to be angry" toward a character who's supposed to be setting up a tag team to be taken seriously for being intelligent.

Damien's mic work has been spot on before, so I'm guessing they threw this in his lap at 10pm the night before. I'm guessing that the WWE writing staff goes through a lot of crayon when they write the shows.

I love 'em both on their own. Sandow is a classic heel. He may have to dumb it down a bit soon, but it's still working for now. Rhodes has always impressed me. Just the "Rhodes" last name tells ya right off the bat what you're getting: a solid in ring performer who is gold on the mic when he gets the chance.

That said, we can't be too sure at the moment as to whether it's going to work for them or not. Gotta give them time and booking. After that it would be a bit easier to make that decision. But what I can say is it's not a bad idea to at least try. I mean, at this point what would be their other options? Neither one is ready to be in the world title picture (though either is ADR but somehow he keeps showing up there) and the midcard titles have been rendered useless by WWE so ya might as well show them in a tag team division where a good feud with Kane and Bryan can potentially mean something rather than having them each go months of feuding with Santino for the US or IC title. So ya might as well try and if it doesn't work, oh well.

I think the team helps Sandow more than it does Cody. In fact I think the team was created to protect Sandow. I'm predicting that Cody will end up taking all the pins so that Sandow never has to lose.

I see no problem with this at all. Quite frankly, I don't know why so many have a problem with the idea. Fans have been bitching for years how lame the WWE tag team division is, rightly so, and now they're still bitching when WWE is finally starting to revitalize its tag team scene. Typical.

I read a report early this week that stated that Triple H is entirely responsible for the renewed focus on the tag team division and that it's only going to increase. Triple H hopes for WWE to have a strong, legit tag team division by the end of this year.

Personally, I think some fans need to expand their views on what makes a tag team. I don't personally care if it's a "thrown together" team as long as the team is talented and makes me care about what they're doing. Sandow & Rhodes are two talented wrestlers and are both over heels at the moment. Along with Kane & Daniel Bryan, it only adds that much more talent to the tag team division. It also gives Rhodes & Sandow something meaningful to do at the moment.

So let's see: Rhodes & Sandow are a couple of talented wrestlers. They're both strong on the mic, especially Sandow. They both generate good responses from the audience, they're helping to bring renewed interest to the tag team division. Ok...thus far, I fail to see any downside. I know it's very early in the creation of this team but...well here's a novel idea...how about actually giving something a chance before immediately condemning it? I know it's against IWC nature not to shit all over everything, but c'mon...be bold and do something different for a change. :p

Good idea

Sandow and Rhodes work together for a while. They lose their Tag Team title match because of Sandow and because it's clear that Sandown thinks he's better than Rhodes because he's a cut above everyone, he blames Cody. They split up and feud with Cody as face for a while

Good tag team matches and a few one on one matches with a decent prospect of a feud. I don't see what's not to like.

Good idea.

When Cody and Sandow first tagged I saw a natural chemistry between then and thought it would be great for them to become a tag team. Their team made sense to me and I certainly don't see "thrown together" like others.

Two of the best futures of the WWE gets to be in a program with the two most over guys in the WWE right now, would be great exposure for Cody and Sandow as Kane and Bryan are featured extensively on Raw and Smackdown. Also, it's not like they are doing anything right now.

Kane and Bryan needs a team to feud with. PTPs aren't relevant enough, Rey and Cara are faces, and the rest of the division are jobbers. Cody and Sandow in this case is a much better team to face Team Hell No than the other "true teams".

I like the team. They are both good in the ring and are unique on the mic. It could provide for some interesting matches for a short time. I don't think this team should be a long term one. This team has a lot of similarities with Rhodes and McIntyre. They can mesh well together for a little while, and then split up when creative has something for one of them.

Maybe use The Rhodes Scholars vs. Hell No and then get rid of the as a team. Have Damien attack Cody? Or Cody attack Damien? Maybe we could have a heel v. heel feud to break them up. They don't always work, but it could in this case. A one up type of thing between the two could be entertaining.

I don't see these two being champions. Keep the belts on Kane and Bryan until they get boring. Then, use Team Hell No to get another team, like Prime Time Players, The Usos or International Airstrike over.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back