• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Da Prophet: Sigs and Graphics

Da Prophet

Mid-Card Championship Winner
Can't believe it has taken me this long to make a thread for my graphics. Little information about my sig making, been doing them for a little over 4 weeks. Haven't really posted them up for some unknown reason. I don't take request, and I mainly do graphics from other reasons other than them being used as a signature on these forums.

16ap401.png

This was one of the first signatures I made, the background is a picture of CM Punk from his ROH days, standing inside a cage. I moved it around, showing only the top of the cage in the sig. Then I added the middle render, which I thought looked cool, as most people don't use the blonde hair Punk renders. After moving it around and mixing the brightness and shadows, I added the two renders to the side. Basically just messing around, finding what looked best. Then I added the horizontal lines, followed by the yellow text with a border around it. To finish it off, I added a border around the whole thing. I was happy with how it turned out, as it was one of my first. Probably my favourite I have ever made.

16glcbc.png

This was me just trying out brushes and filters, getting to know photoshop (love it) and what not. I continued to mess around, with several filters until I reached something I liked. Then I added the Raven render in the middle, and moved it to the position it stands now. Dropped the shadows, and then moved onto the next render. As I looked at the sig, with the second render in place. I used multiple renders, and yet nothing looked good. So I copied the render to the left, and place it on the right. With a mirror image type design. I used a hard light (I think) to give it the effect it has now. I think added the text with a font I have just downloaded, added a border, and called it a day.

a9nwn7.png

Same deal as before, only difference is that I couldn't decided whether I liked it better with the lines, or without. So I decided to save both, for future use. Personal after thinking about it, I like the one without the lines more.

21ljzgx.png

My first sig using pictures as the background. By that I mean not renders, just searched "Matt Hardy moves" and came up with the pictures. I placed the main render in, and then the two pictures. Making them fit the canvas, dropped the brightness, and used some different effects. Added the horizontal lines, and then text. Finished with a border, and that was that.

I have a few more sigs left to post, and several graphics/posters to post up. So I'll do that later tonight after dinner. Also I don't mind anyone using any sigs I make, maybe credit or rep, doesn't really mind me. But yeah, take what you want.​

Well here is another batch of graphics, just some random stuff. So here we go!

b5o3kz.png

Nice simple signature, got a render, used a filter. Added the main render of Brock Lesnar, and then the text. I thought it came out looking nice, and I'm happy with it.

5cd9xt.png

For this I had a picture of Goku, used a filter, and added a picture of Cena. From there I added the main render, and then the horizontal lines. I'm not a huge fan of this, while I think it's ok, I think I could do much better with another go. Just how the hand is cut off, so you only see 4 fingers and not the entire hand. Just doesn't do it for me.

21c2r.png

This started out with me just playing around with photoshop. I had no intention of making a sig, but I had nothing else to do. So I made the background, different brushes, trying new things. Then I got a render of the Nexus logo, and use an effect. This allowed it to merge into the background, and I thought it look interesting. I added the render of Wade, then a border, and I was done.

skz22c.png

Well this is a match graphic for my Book This!, for the up coming Survivor Series PPV. I started by making the background, only using one brush. Then I made it dark, so the red wasn't so bright. Then I added both renders of Hardy and Orton, moving them into position. Finally I added the title, and use the hard light effect. I thought it was better than just having the title there, as it would stick out to much. And then not merge into the graphic. Added a border, and I was done.​

Here is what I think of your work... It is coming on nicely.

However, there is a couple of things I have noticed about your work that I think would really help you in your progression. The first thing is to try and integrate the actual renders into your signatures better. AT the moment, it just looks as though you have created a few backgrounds and then placed the renders over them. Really, that is fine for beginners because it can be really difficult to find any sort of balance when you are starting out. However, your skills are beyond a beginner now and I would suggest looking for better ways to involve the renders.

Look at the signature I have right now. The reason it works so well is because the render seems to fit into the actual signature. The render is the focal point of the signature and that should be what you are aiming for. In that particular signature, I brushed around and made sure that when you are looking at it, the focal point is the foremost render.#

However, there is easier ways to do this than what I have accomplished. The best way is to create a new layer above the finished article and then blur everything. Erase the parts of the layer that lie over your renders and then create a new layer above that. Sharpen the new layer and erase the parts that lie above the, now, blurred background. For me, the importance of this cannot be understated and that is just one way of getting the job done. The other easy way of doing it is to add a drop shadow to the render to make it look as though that and the background are actually interacting with each other.

I hope that helps.

I love the Raven piece (admittedly he is my favourite wrestler ever though) and feel that some of the textures you've used throughout are very effective. Personally I think the Raven image would look better if you'd flipped the right-hand model though, to help add a more symmetrical feel to the piece. The type work on this piece is the best of your collection so far though as it seems to fit the mood and feel of the image which isn't necessarily the case with all of your pieces.

The CM Punk sig, for example, just looks as if the typography has been quickly placed in the corner with no real thought or effort. I'd look to integrate your text into the actual piece in the future as type can be a strong element when time is put into it.

lck9h.png

Made this in an open request thread, wasn't going for anything amazing. Just playing around to see if I could make something I liked. First I placed the render of Cell, as I wanted him to be the middle figure of the sig. Then place the two front renders, on either side of Cell. After playing around with them, I moved onto the final two renders. I positioned the team rocket leader behind Megatron, which helped as he had really long legs. Then the I placed the final render in the top right hand corner, as it was the only place I could use that looked decent. I made all the renders invisible, and used multiple brushes to get the background. Using some grudge, and some new brushes I had downloaded hours before. Once I finished the background, I made all the renders visible. I added the text (need to get some new styles) , and got it the right size. I darkened the whole sig, gave it that villain feel. Finished with a border and I was done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back