D-Man for Administrator

Slyfox696

Excellence of Execution
When this process was first started, D-Man, you were the only regular moderator invited to the party. I believe that's something you should be proud of, at least as proud as you can be with anything related to a wrestling message board. Even though you hadn't been here as long as some others, I felt you had done enough to warrant the opportunity. Additionally, I thought you would most likely work as a complement to me better than either of the other two. I never really thought you'd be too interested in the things I like to do, but you would be good for the things I don't. I figured you would be the best complement as Administrator.

However, just like KB and Lee, I do have some concerns.

1) In the eyes of many people here, you haven't "earned" it. By that, I mean you haven't been here, or been Moderator, for some arbitrary amount of time so many people think should be necessary before ascending the hierarchy. Personally, I've never really given a damn about that stuff, but there's no reason for you to have to deal with that kind of jealous rambling. I've dealt with that kind of stuff nearly my whole life (in my real life), and I know how frustrating it can be. Throw in the fact you're IC25's good friend, and people are bound to make stupid comments.

2) You're still learning your way around being on Staff. As (I think it was Dave?) pointed out, you know enough to help the new people, but you still have questions of your own on the right and wrong ways to handle things. What I wouldn't want is for a mistake to happen that would require a lot of work on somebody's part to fix (mine or atomiconline or Buffaloed). The powers that be have been quite good to us for a while now, and I like to try and give that pleasure back to them without any major hassles, making their life easier. I worry you, more than any other, might do something which could screw stuff up. Like, for example, when the original Bar Room got deleted.

3) You're not always around. While, personally, this doesn't bother me a bit, I certainly understand the desire to have an Admin who can be around quite a bit, not just during Monday through Friday during work hours. Perhaps that's a little unfair, and runs contradictory to what I always say about this place coming second to real life, but at the same time, in the best interest of the forum, I should look for someone who can dedicate their time to the forum.

4) I worry about the handling of delicate situations. It's no secret I've long considered myself to be one of the more intelligent people on the board, but one thing I pride myself on, and don't think people recognize, is how I handle certain situations to prevent future problems. I'm trying, in vain, to come up with a good example right now, but there are many times where making decisions requires stepping lightly around landmines. With you, I worry that you would charge right through them, and let whatever happens, happen. And while that's not necessarily the wrong approach, I don't think it's the best approach.

I guess the best example I can come up with would be similar to IC25's real job as an HR rep. The goal of an HR person is to make everyone happy, while sacrificing no harm to that of greater importance. It's almost like a game, and I'm not sure how well you'd play that game.

I know that's a little confusing, but if I come across a specific example, I'll point it out.

Those are the major concerns I have, or at least the ones I can think of right now. If I think of any others, I'll post them here as well. You may respond to this if you wish, and say whatever it is you wish to say. This is like an interview, so treat it as such.

Also, Klunderbunker and Lee, feel free to add anything you think I may have forgotten, or anything you think is important to note, whether it is in support of D-Man or against.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back