• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

CZW on G4

jmt225

Global Moderator
"The management of CZW has just signed a ground breaking deal to expose the world to CZW. G4TV will be entering the Combat Zone on March 14, 2009 for TOTAL HAVOC. They will be bringing cameras to document the phenomena know as Combat Zone Wrestling, specifically focusing on the Ultraviolent Underground Championship. CZW fans have known for over ten years that the only place to find “ultraviolence” is CZW. Now the rest of the world will know.

Wear all of your CZW apparel as the G4 cameras want to put you on TV. They have requested permission to bring release forms for the fans. There is a great chance that YOU could be featured on the show! CZW fans this will be a once in a lifetime opportunity. See CZW’s first national cable special taped LIVE!"

So CZW is on a network most people have, and ROH is on a network less than half of us have. How lame is that? I've seen about three CZW shows in my lifetime, and all were shit. Absolute shit. I'm sure some editing by G4 might make the shows less shitty, but overall it'll undoubtedly still be shit.

Seriously, I will only watch if Olivia Munn is hosting the show..... in the nude that is. Honestly, the only time the company was ever worth a damn was when they were feuding against ROH, and the only reason they were watchable then was because Gabe Sapolsky booked the feud. Had John Zandig booked it, it would’ve been beyond horrible because not only is he a terrible wrestler, but he's even a worse booker. And don't get me started on the announce team.

There is really nothing about CZW that is worth watching, and it's a shame that a shit company like that is able to get a TV deal with such an established channel like G4.

WTF are we starting to see the beginning of another wrestling boom or something? it seems like every network under the sun is signing some indy fed to a TV deal, WWE is getting another weekly show on WGN, ROH is getting their HD network deal, and on Sunday afternoons the same channel that airs SD! also airs NWA wrestling where I live, add to that you still of course have WWE with there 3 other weekly shows and TNA on Spike, and now even CZW is getting a fucking TV deal?!? CZW is some of the most garbage wrestling ever, why the fuck would any network including G4 even waste their time on such a shit promotion?!?, what's next? is MTV gonna bring back WSX!?:lmao:

Blah, CZW is rubbish and G4 isn't as good as it once was, I don't see this going anywhere really, it isn't like it's a weekly show, it's a one time documentary from what I gathered from this so it won't ammount to much.

G4 TV sucks, so I'll be skipping out on this. CZW is the biggest pile of shit and a complete black eye on the business. At least ECW, the violence built with the feuds. CZW is essentially nothing more then glorified self mutilation and torture. It's stupid shit that appeals to the most simple minded sloth of a wrestling fan.

On a side note, I'm looking forward to ROH next week.

G4 TV sucks, so I'll be skipping out on this. CZW is the biggest pile of shit and a complete black eye on the business. At least ECW, the violence built with the feuds. CZW is essentially nothing more then glorified self mutilation and torture. It's stupid shit that appeals to the most simple minded sloth of a wrestling fan.

On a side note, I'm looking forward to ROH next week.

Agreed. Not only what you said but ECW at least had some solid wrestling contests without the violence and people like Masato Tanaki, Mike Awesome, Eliminators and Taz could have matches where weapons were used but didn't dominate the match, so it was tastefull. People like Sandman and New Jack were people who relied on weapons to carry their matches, thus to me at least, their matches became oring.

CZW will work perfectly for the audience that G4 has, however, and that's the point to keep in mind. Look at your average mainstream video game and you'll find it's packed with blood, gore, and violence (which I don't find a bad thing, I enjoy that sort of game). Games are frequently praised nowadays for innovative and graphic violence, and the gamers that play and enjoy these games are also tuning into G4. So I'm sure the hope is that they'll be attracted to CZW.

CZW, for a wrestling fan, however, is definitely a selective thing. Really, the seperation between most modern wrestling and the type of things that CZW offers is so large that the audience barely crosses over. Personally, I find CZW somewhat entertaining, but it's definitely something many will hate and some will enjoy. It's a matter of personal preference, I suppose.

I can definitely see the G4 audience reacting positively to it, and CZW should profit from the venture as well.

CZW may exaggerated a bit. To my knowledge this was just a one time 15 minute segment on G4's new series "G4 Underground" so I don't think there is nothing to worry about.

-nevermind didn't see the earlier post.

CZW isn't getting a tv deal.

Morgan Webb has a new documentary type show that G4 has and one of the episodes is about ultraviolent wrestling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back