• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Cyber Sunday or Taboo Tuesday

I liked Taboo Tuesday better just because it gave it a more Halloween like feeling, but now Cyber Sunday will be in November. It was a smart more to make it a Sunday PPV though because buyrates are likely to go up.

I hate both the names but if I had to pick one it would be Cyber Sunday because there was nothing remotley taboo about the past 2 years P.P.V's.

Diffinatly Cyber Sunday. Taboo Tuesday was a poor name !

Y 2 Jake said:
I hate both the names but if I had to pick one it would be Cyber Sunday because there was nothing remotley taboo about the past 2 years P.P.V's.

When do the names ever have to mean what happens at the PPV? God, what is 'royal' about the Royal Rumble? Does the Judgement Day PPV mean that wrestling will end? They chose Taboo Tuesday because it was a good catchy name. So don't get all fussy about the names, because they're there to sound good, not sound right.

Honestly, the name Taboo Tuesday was meant to say that they were doing something "Taboo" in the wrestling buisiness. They were letting the the fans have the final say on what was going down, and almost giving them full power. And it was kind oif a knock at the "kayfabe" days where that would have been a no no

Probably Cyber Sunday simply because its highlighting the internet aspect of the PPV.

Wish they'd scrap it though, fan interactivity is fine but quite frankly if they're going to book matches with poor feuds or no feuds then I don't care enough to vote anyway (DX - Rated RKO). Or if they're going to book matches which are bad for pushes they've had (Umaga vs Kane push, Benoit push or Sandman; gotta be Sandman).

The name doesn't matter to me though. If they called it the Happy Clappy Clown Show I wouldn't care if they gave me some absolutely outstanding matches and a couple of good - very good matches to pad it out.

Zyne_De_Ath said:
If they called it the Happy Clappy Clown Show I wouldn't care if they gave me some absolutely outstanding matches and a couple of good - very good matches to pad it out.
:lol: that is one of the funniest things I heard all day, I agree that the name shouldn't matter but I gotta go with Cyber sunday just cause it sounds less ******ed than Taboo Teusday

i can just picture this: The camerashows Jr and king at the raw announce table
Jr: Welcome every one to the Happy Clappy Clown Show brought to you by skittles
lol

I prefer content over name

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo