• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Curtis Axel - What now?

What's Fandango doing these days? People are saying Axel should team with Cesaro. I think they drop the Fandango, and go with Johnny Curtis and Curtis Axel as a tag team. The Curtii. People are saying that Axel doesn't have personality, I don't think that's true. A lot of times, you pair singles together and they bring the best out of each other. Look at Road Dogg and Billy Gunn before they were a team. Bret and Anvil weren't doing much before Hart Foundation. Miz and Morrison. I have a hunch if you put Curtis and Axel together, they'd be a good, cocky heel team with excellent wrestling fundamentals and championship potential

Axel should stay away from Ryback for now. Ryback has charisma and a unique look, while Axel is bland and doesn't stand out- even though he's a better actual wrestler. The problem is that Ryback tends to make Axel look even more boring when they're together.

The sad thing is that Axel has learned a lot and he is trying. Just watch Rybaxel's matches with Big Show and Mark Henry. Axel is going out of his way to show a personality, but it's just a bit too forced and the fans didn't care. I'm not really sure what they can do to salvage him. Not to piss anyone off by bringing up this name, but maybe they should go the Chris Benoit route. Make him intense, threatening and dangerous. It's worth a try, but I don't know if it would work.

Again. For the love of God keep Ryback away from Curtis Axel. Axel is already wrestling dark matches in between Main Event and Superstars tapings and losing to Kofi Kingston. Ryback just destroyed Bo Dallas who recently beat Mark Henry 3 times recently and got one of the biggest reactions of the year.

They should make him a Bo-Liever!! With Bo Dallas kind of in limbo of being pushed or depushed after his squash at the hands of Ryback why not put Axel and Bo together as a team. The big hang up for Axel is his mic work so let Bo do the talking. I think they would work well together.
Or maybe have Bo form a group of Bo-lievers with guys that aren't doing much. A previous poster said team Axel with a repackaged Fandango and let Bo be there mouthpiece.

Things they could do... Give him a Manager like... Mick!!! They can be Axel Foley....

In all seriousness, I think the Real Americans might be a good place for him to go, Zeb would be a great manager for him but more along the "I knew your dad" lines. They really should start using the Mr.Perfect stuff more.. have him shave, maybe even get the singlet out... There's absolutely no harm in it at this stage, he can't be any lower if they try it.

His problem isn't even a lack of charisma... it's just that he's more like his grandad than his dad... Curt had a unique look that was totally different from his father, where as Joe has inherited all his grandad's physical attributes bar conditioning, which is far superior. It's like Bo and Bray... Bray is clearly decended from BlackJack Mulligan/Barry Windham, you can kinda see it where as Bo is clearly a Rotunda and more like his dad... Shane you KNOW is like his dad...Randy is like his dad... but Axel isn't.

WWE can't "compute" it and get round that he physically isn't like his dad and thus they had to use the Axel thing, to try and play off Larry...who was never a WWF guy and isn't even in the HOF... so there's no point of reference for the fans.

Literally the only other thing I got is make him a Wyatt... Axel Wyatt is an interesting concept, he kinda has the beard and they could play off him rejecting his birth family for the Wyatt...but it defeats the object of Bray going solo.

Curtis Axel just doesn't have it. Even when Mr. Perfect came back to WWE in 2002, he didn't seem to fit in and might not of even fit into nWo. He was just too old school and his son is the same 20 years later. I'm not sure I'd even want him teaching in NXT as I'm pretty sure there's nothing much he can teach guys like Devitt, Hideki, and Steen, though NXT/WWE seems to like people watered down anyway so it might suit him.

Given that nothing about him is really all that special I don't see him ever becoming someone worthy of note. I mean the guy looks bland, has a pretty average physique, he can talk but not good enough I feel, not with his gimmick anyway ( his promos on NXT years ago were way better than this shit he is given now #scripted ). His ring work isn't particularly spectacular either.

But I will say this, they didn't even try with him. Like really, they put him with Paul Heyman because they had this idea of pushing him based on who he is ( so just your normal WWE "I got a boner for this guy" period ). Then 2 weeks later, in typical fashion, WWE decides to give him the most lifeless promos ever and no really interesting programs.

Given that nothing about him is really all that special I don't see him ever becoming someone worthy of note. I mean the guy looks bland, has a pretty average physique, he can talk but not good enough I feel, not with his gimmick anyway ( his promos on NXT years ago were way better than this shit he is given now #scripted ). His ring work isn't particularly spectacular either.

Can't say it much better than that. It would be really interesting to know what the WWE braintrust thinks of him....and why. During the most recent "pruning" of performers from the roster, what in the world did Curtis Axel have that the guys who got released didn't......at least in the view of management?

It's not as if they haven't tried to get Axel over. How many people start out their ascension to the main roster with victories over John Cena and Triple H?....and this after wallowing around on NxT and Superstars of Wrestling for two years?

Then, after his victories over the absolute cream of the crop, they give him Heyman....they give him Ryback. What more can they do for him? Are they knocked out because of Axel's third-generation status? ("If Randy made it big, Curtis will, too! Hey, Steph, while you're up, make me a sandwich, huh? ")

What now for Curtis Axel? More of the same lower midcard stuff, I guess. Eventually, they'll decide he isn't going to morph into Mr. Perfect....then, adios.

Of course, if they try to push him in a big way again, the result will probably be the same as before.

What now for Curtis Axel? More of the same lower midcard stuff, I guess. Eventually, they'll decide he isn't going to morph into Mr. Perfect....then, adios.

Of course, if they try to push him in a big way again, the result will probably be the same as before.

Yea that's pretty much it in a nutshell. It doesn't matter nowadays if you're a 3rd, 4th or 5th generation wrestler, if you can't make it on your own then don't even bother.

Roman Reigns is always being compared to his cousin The Rock. Well he's not the Rock, he's Roman Reigns. He has his own personality and wrestling style. If he did what the Rock did, then we'd be complaining he's trying to be a failed carbon copy. Curtis Axle is the same. He's not his father and never will be. He has some good in ring skills, but zero personality. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, but not in wrestling.

Being the relative of a famous wrestler will get your foot in the door, but you have to work your butt off to stay there. Name recognition will only get you so far. Just look at Ted DiBiase Jr. nice looking guy, has a famous father, horrible in the ring.

I thought they were keeping Axle off TV because Ryback was out, but Ryback is back and Axle is still MIA. Wouldn't be surprised to hear his name in the next round of budget cuts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back