• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Curtis Axel - What now?

DCLXVI

Getting Noticed By Management
Wow... you clicked a Curtis Axel thread.

now then:

With Ryback having returned and Curtis Axel kept off everything including the b-rate shows... what do you see for the axe man?

He was given Paul Heyman, had the IC title in the past but has never really connected and the guy is a goofy talker. They apparently use him for part-timers coming back that need to get off some ring rust - he's helped The Rock before on one of his returns. The only thing he's said this year that kind of got over (mostly as an internet joke) was "You're a coward and you don't even drink cold beer!" which seems unintentional.

Do you think they will repackage him or relegate him to full blown jobber? I think he should maybe play off the Mr. Perfect gimmick but if you've seen his promo work/shoot interviews he doesn't have the charisma his dad had so that may not work or would take a lot of effort/time to develop or I think they already would have done it at some point.

What do you think?

After a couple of weeks of Ryback maulings of local talent and jobbers, have Axel try to ingratiate himself with Ryback again, perhaps attacking a Shell-shocked opponent and acting like they are still a tag team.

Then Ryback annihilates him.

Being fed to the Big Guy in such a way is Axel's only shot at a spot on main TV these days. If he is lucky, they could get 2-3 segments over the next 4 weeks, leading a Ryback massacre on RAW, a match at Survivor Series and then a final squash the next night on RAW.

In all of that, Axel should get a grand total of one punch in, likely when Ryback has his back turned before then running off and celebrating on the ramp like he just won the world title as Ryback snarls at him in the ring.

If I'm not mistaken, Axel is currently injured. I haven't actually seen anything properly reported, but he alluded to injury on twitter at one point.

Honestly, I was starting to get behind Rybaxel as a tag team. They had this "Beavis & Butthead" dynamic to them, which I thought Axel (as well as Ryback) was starting to shine in. I don't imagine another push is in the cards for Axel, but I hope they keep his immature sense of humor. I think they need to put Axel in a tag team if they want him on TV at all. If they do so, I just hope he gets to keep the personality which endeared him to me.

Axel's solid in the ring but not great anywhere else. Maybe they've been somehow trying to improve his mic work during his long absence, but if not and he's still the same boring guy he was before Ryback got injured then I can't see much for him. Like maybe he'll end up in as another jobber either in singles or in a tag team since at least he can sell moves, at best he might make a decent henchmen for the Authority since he is bigger than Noble/Mercury and is a actual full time wrestler. Or if he's really lucky they'll find another person to talk for him like Lana-Rusev and Zeb-Swagger, but that's seems unlikely.

But outside of that I can't see yet another repackage, especially since they tried so hard last time. At this point he's more likely to get cut than get another push.

I think that if he's able to study video of his dad, shave the stupid beard, get rid of the Axe/Axle thing, he could possibly repackage himself. Dolph gets more comparisons to Mr. Perfect, and if I was his son, I'd be really embarrassed.

Ryback has too much potential for Rybaxel so I'm glad he's singles now and I think were he to hit Curtis Axel unexpectedly would be kind of a heel move since he has stated in an interview last night that he hated who he became and wanted to be the true hero of the WWE which points to mega face/Rusev opponent to me. I don't know if Curtis Axel is injured but I think I saw him on Main Event at some point after Ryback went off TV.

They should try to bring back Ted DiBiase Jr and put him with Axel, they are both similar in ring wise too, very solid technicians and workers.

Axel was on the Raw right after the announcment of Ryback's injury...he was a jobber and lost. Which is wear I see him going, to be honest. Nothing against the guy but he's boring. WWE is sports ENTERTAINMENT and if you can't entertain then why are you there? Yea his dad was Mr. Perfect but he's nothing like this dad in terms of charisma.

Ideas for him, make him a jobber, put him in a tag team, make him a tag team jobber, repackage him with a manager(they've tried so hard with Swagger too yet he still gets one), or just give up. Send him to NXT and let him teach some other guys how to sell moves. I just hope he gets better on the mic if he stays

I can see that. I don't really see him adding to product on Raw unless he's put in some sort of tag team, otherwise he's destined to be a Superstars jobber and that is even a pretty competitive spot since they seem use the same guys every week and soon we'll have NXT people being brought up.

The guy can wrestle, which helps. His complete lack of personality doesn't.

Having him cast as jobber to the stars his fine but it's probably a waste. Sure he could lose to Sheamus, Ziggler, Reigns and Ambrose (and make them look good) but he can do better.

Turning him into a babyface is an option. They could easily play on the fact that he his dad is Mr. Perfect. That would give him great initial reactions and putting on good matches could keep that momentum going.

Something less obvious would be for him to manage someone. I would suggest Charlotte from NXT. I don't necessarily think it should happen but it could be an interesting situation that gives both a different dynamic. There is the history with their dads and it might be entertaining whilst keeping Axel relevant.

They will put blood back on TV and have Cena job to Hornswaggle before Curtis Axel is a diva's manager... but interesting thought.

He absolutely sucks in the ring. Curtis Axel should be ready for 2 words: Future Endeavored.

Curtis axel should join the real American jack swagger and form a team with him!!! Or he should form a team with cesaro and call it cesaxel

I think he'll feud with Ryback. maybe even have a match with him at Survivor Series. After that, I think he'll just be a wrestler on Main Event and Superstars that puts on good matches

I say face turn. I actually like the Jack Swagger team thing. A face doesn't need to be as good a talker. A face is supposed to get over by being good in the ring. He doesn't need great mic skills for that. I say turn him face, maybe have him tag with Swagger, and go from there. But sadly, it looks like he doesn't have a spot on that roster, and they ain't gonna give him one. I don't think we'll ever see him win a match on WWE TV again. Maybe it will be best for him to be released. I like him. But I guess that ain't enough.

Decent mechanic and utility guy, so I dont see why he cant be a lower mid card jobber. Picking up wins on Main event and superstars, jobbing on RAW and SD.

I think he'll feud with Ryback. maybe even have a match with him at Survivor Series. After that, I think he'll just be a wrestler on Main Event and Superstars that puts on good matches

Keep him as far away from Ryback as possible. Did you see the huge crowd reaction to the "Feed Me More" comeback and him just plow through Bo Dallas? Remember him with Curtis Axel on a jobber tag team? Take him off for a while longer and let people forget their association. It would damage Ryback and completely kill Curtis Axel when his former tag partner just mows him down and remind people of Rybaxel when Ryback is going for a big push now.

Keep him as far away from Ryback as possible. Did you see the huge crowd reaction to the "Feed Me More" comeback and him just plow through Bo Dallas? Remember him with Curtis Axel on a jobber tag team? Take him off for a while longer and let people forget their association. It would damage Ryback and completely kill Curtis Axel when his former tag partner just mows him down and remind people of Rybaxel when Ryback is going for a big push now.

Ryback had a pop because like you say it was a comeback. In a months time it will be stale and boring again. Do we have to hear Michael Cole every week say the same stuff "It's the human Wrecking ball" "Here comes the meathook clothesline"

Ryback and Axle were paired up because they were both stale. I can't see any mileage coming from Ryback or Curtis Axel i'm afraid.

Decent mechanic and utility guy, so I dont see why he cant be a lower mid card jobber. Picking up wins on Main event and superstars, jobbing on RAW and SD.

I think that's the spot Axel will end up in, if he doesn't get released the next time WWE are cutting talent. He's acceptable in the ring, but the lack of personality, charisma and mic skills will always hold him back and stop him from progressing. Plus, his look is awful too.

He'd be alright in a low-card tag team again, or just putting over talent on Superstars and Main Event, but with the top quality talent WWE will be bringing up from NXT in the near future, I think the mid-card will be too busy to fit someone like Axel in. He's low-card jobber talent.

They could Axel jump Ryback after one of his post match celebrations. Have Ryback doing his Feed Me More chants and then have Axel hit him with a chair a few times and hit his neck breaker finisher. They could play it off that Axel is jealous of Ryback's popularity and he feels that he abandoned him. There going to have to "Feed" Ryback some heel opponents to help get some credibility back. Rybaxel have some history together so I think it could be an ok transitional feud.

They should try to bring back Ted DiBiase Jr and put him with Axel, they are both similar in ring wise too, very solid technicians and workers.

Jesus Christ, and both of them have the personalities of a bucket of frogs.

Axle is good in the ring, he can work a match, but everything else about him looks, personality is horrible. He is the most forgettable person, and it seems even the WWE forgot about him. Since Ryback went out with an injury haven't seen him at all.

Someone said leave him on the roster and let him job out to up and coming talent, and that's where he should stay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back