Current WWE Stars as Horsemen

bonesaw

Dark Match Winner
Tully Blanchard, Arn Anderson, Flair, Benoit, Barry Windham, etc. The horsemen was a group of technically sound, cool, arrogant heels that dominated the 80's and 90's. They were the most elite group of all time. What current WWE Wrestlers would have fit in with the Horsemen? Here's my opinion:

Dolph Ziggler - As cocky as they come, and has the skills to back his mouth up. Has the horseman look.

Cody Rhodes - A great technician, has a mean streak at times. He even has girls on his arm (bellas) like flair used to.

Randy Orton - Was evolution member with Flair, would make a great horseman as well.

Damien Sandow - If he would tone down his character a little

Who else do you think?

Agree with all the ones you sayed but other ones could be:

Wade Barrett - can be as cocky as anyone when booked right by the wwe and has the potential to be huge.

Antonio Cesaro - another guy who fits right in with the horsemen mould and great in-ring ability.

Dean Ambrose - on his own would be a perfect fit.

Also if we are talking of real stand-out superstars, cm punk would be the main man i would put forward.

Granted, he's not getting the TV time now, but Alex Riley has the look of an old school horseman and his old frat boy/jock gimmick had horseman written all over it.

Cody is a shoe in. He has the look, the personality, the charisma

I'd throw Swagger in the mix, as long as he doesn't talk much. His attitude and mannerisms isn't so far from Windham. Not the most charismatic, but I think he could pull off being the large bully of the group.

Mcgillicutty - young, cocky, good in the ring. Has a family tie to the group (even if it is a late 90s diminished version of the 4H)

Wildcard- Dibiase. I don't think we've seen his full upside yet. He's been injured alot but I can see him being a tag champ with another horsemen

Since I am doing this thread from my phone and typing on it sucks... I am just listing who I would use from the WWE as the Horsemen and Who their Horseman counterpart would be as well as their role...

Ziggler = Flair --- The cocky centerpiece of the group...

Cody Rhodes = Arn Anderson --- The Enforcer and the groups 2nd in command, basically Ziggler's right hand man

Johnny Curtis as himself not Fandango = Tully Blanchard --- Your team player, the guy who can team with either the muscle of the group or the enforcer of the group and carry tag team gold... Basically the guy to make everyone else look even better then they already are...

Jack Swagger = Barry Windham/Ole Anderson --- The muscle of the group... Repackage him slightly as the power of the group who can actually wrestle a solid match... Make him more of a team player and bleed horsemen blood and forget all about his Kurt Angle super American gimmick...

AND LASTLY and I know I will get heat for the next person BUT

Paul Heyman = JJ Dillon --- The very beginning of the horsemen had Dillon as a mouthpiece to get them over and this version is no different.. For the first 9 months to a year they will need that mouthpiece to help elevate them as a collective group...

Horsemen? As in modern day wrestlers? That'll be tough to choose. What you need are these things:

Champion
Enforcer/Muscle
Young up and comer
Cowardly, but dangerous heel

In this case, I'll name who I think would pass as Horsemen seeing as there is none that currently fit the mold.

Champion: Dolph Ziggler. Ziggler has the personality to be polarizing and has great promo skills. He's as close to Ric Flair as anyone on the roster.

Enforcer: Jack Swagger Swagger would make a great enforcer. He doesn't need to talk, just be brutal and hurt people. He's big enough to pull that off.

Young up and comer: Joe Hennig Get rid of the stupid name, and let him talk and take care of business. He's a very good hand in the ring, and would make for a dangerous person to deal with.

Cowardly, but dangerous heel: Ted Dibiase Given the time, he can develop into a major heel. It helps to have someone that has some recognition with the old schoolers, too.

The manager should either be Ric Flair or Arn Anderson. Period. No need to deviate from the originals by having Heyman or someone else talk for them. Arn and Ric were both great talkers and would help get this young group over the top.

Folks like Cody Rhodes, Damien Sandow, and others aren't cut out for a Horsemen kind of deal. Rhodes is... well a Rhodes and Sandow seems too flamboyant to be a Horseman.

I don't think shoe-horning guys into roles like that is the best use of talent. Maybe there is an opportunity with the Ziggler-Big E-AJ group to add a tag team and be that kind of group, but it shouldn't be forced.

Okay I know this is cheating as two of my guys aren't currently in the WWE, but I would put together Punk, Bryan, Colt Cabana and Samoa Joe. They all have history, charisma, talent and chemistry Do it right or don't do it at all, as my wife frequently reminds me...

Cowardly, but dangerous heel: Ted Dibiase Given the time, he can develop into a major heel. It helps to have someone that has some recognition with the old schoolers, too.

Sr or Jr?

Wade Barrett - He would add some toughness and edge to the group, he could be the Main Event guy, be managed by the leader who I think should be...

William Regal - the most underrated talent of this generation, always wanted too see him run a faction. While being the mouthpiece he can tag with...

Drew McIntyre - lots of potential but was pushed too fast. Cut his hair, get a new look and let him sit under the Regal learning tree for a while

Antonio Cesaro - Sensing a theme? Skilled technician, good on the mic, but I think he would be elevated in a group.

The 4 Horsemen - European Stlye

The thing about the horsemen was that they had their swagger because they were that damn good. Basically you had the World Champ/ contender, the US Belt contender/ champ and the Tag Team contender/ champ.

Here's where I see the problem in the WWe; from the off there is no easy fit for the Flair role. Flair had already been the number one guy in the NWA for several years and had his persona fully developed as the Jet Flyin... , now the only guys in WWe who could fill that role are Jericho, Orton and Triple H because guys like Ziggler and Miz just don't have that aura. Orton is to bland to fill the charismatic lead, Trips has done it already with Evolution so that leave Y2J who would need to commit long term for it to work.

Team Rhodes Scholars could make a very good fill for the Tag section of the group as both are good on the microphone, already have a good chemistry and have individual characters outside of the tag team.

That would just leave the final solo place who many people (mistakenly) think of as the Arn Anderson position. This wasn't necessarily the case, Double A spent a large amount of his time as one half of the Tag Team of the group. As such, this position was actually used as the up and comer slot (akin to Randy's slot in Evolution). Looking at the current roster, I think the best two guys to fight over this slot being Cesaro and Barrett, with Wade having the better Horsemen feel in my opinion.

The final question is if the group would need a JJ Dillon figure? In my opinion, they wouldn't NEED one but I do feel it would be a waste not to have Slic Ric in (at least initially). Unlike the AJ and Fourtune experiment in TNA, none of these four guys I've favored would need to change a thing from how we see them now and 'the Dirtiest Player In The Game' can concentrate on running interference without the burden of being mouthpiece for the whole group.

With Flair been inserted into Miz's storyline. He could play his part so:

Flair - manager arn/jj dillon role
Miz - leader
McGillicutty - his father was Flairs friend could work him into storyline
Ted Dibiase - Dad's legendary history
Richie Steamboat - Dad has history with Flair (could team with Hawkins)

yea i'm big on 2nd generation stars but it would make since with Miz leading and Flair as manager.

What we're really talking about here is a fantasy heel stable. There will never be another Horsemen.

Trying to emulate the Horsemen formula with current WWE stars, I'd go with Ziggler, Big E. Langston, Sandow and Cody. Paul Heyman could go to town with these guys.

But I don't think it would work in the current climate. The Shield are as close to perfect as you're going to get these days, and I wouldn't change them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back