Cruiserweight, Light Heavyweight, X-Division, etc...Which do you prefer?

Which division do you prefer?

• X-Division

• Cruiserweight

• Light Heavyweight

• Junior Heavyweight

• Minis/Juniors

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

TSG

Too Sweet To Be Sour
TNA has the X-Division. WWF had the Light Heavyweights. WCW and WWE had the cruiserweights. Japan has Junior Heavyweights. WWE had Juniors, which is the Mexico equivelent of minis, or in a derogatory term, midgets. So, the simple question I pose here is, which are your favorites?

I personally always perferred the X-Division. I've always like the idea that it isn't about weight limits, but it's about No Limits. I've always like the concept that guys like Samoa Joe and Kurt Angle can compete in a division that has a cruiserweight yet also technical feel about it. Plus a division like this, given the right componets, can draw, as shown by the Unbreakable 3-Way in 2005. Also the X-Division has innovated match types like Ultimate X.

So, what do you all think about the subject?

Japanese Junior Heavyweights all the way. Although in this country I don't believe the name would work so in name only I'd switch it to Light Heavy Weights. But with regards to a style of work, I prefer the Japanese Jr. Heavy Weight style hands down.
For me, the Junior style, as pioneered by legends such as Tiger Mask I and his equally prodigious partner/opponent Dynamite Kid, then later mastered and exemplified by men like Jushin Thunder Liger, is without a doubt a perfect synthesis of story telling, entertainment, raw visceral intensity, dynamic aerial artistry, and technical proficiency. When executed properly the above melds together and becomes a sort of physically realized treatise and rumination on the virtues that can be found within the genuine art form we've come to know simply as "Professional Wrestling".

I think Cruiserweight best describes the wrestlers...i mean light heavyweight is good aswell...and when wwe bought it in, it was a decent title...the cruiserweight in wcw was like the 2nd top division after the world champion..it brought out the best in their division..from guys like mysterio, kidman, juventude etc...

I am a fan of x-division..but the way i see it..sometimes tna call it like a cruiserwight division and have guys like kaz, sheik, daniels holding the title..but then they use it as a secondary title when samoa joe holds the title...so i think TNA have confusd themselves with that division..but hey thats my opinion...

So in the poll i chose cruiserweight..

Japanese Junior Heavyweights all the way. Although in this country I don't believe the name would work so in name only I'd switch it to Light Heavy Weights. But with regards to a style of work, I prefer the Japanese Jr. Heavy Weight style hands down.
For me, the Junior style, as pioneered by legends such as Tiger Mask I and his equally prodigious partner/opponent Dynamite Kid, then later mastered and exemplified by men like Jushin Thunder Liger, is without a doubt a perfect synthesis of story telling, entertainment, raw visceral intensity, dynamic aerial artistry, and technical proficiency. When executed properly the above melds together and becomes a sort of physically realized treatise and rumination on the virtues that can be found within the genuine art form we've come to know simply as "Professional Wrestling".

I say that the Jr. Heavyweights would be my second Liger. I have always enjoyed these guys, because they would always put on a show more than the cruiserweights do, but they would be more athletic and also tell a better story. But I've always liked the X-Division because Junior Heavys, like the rest of the divisions, are limited in their weight class to who can compete. The X-Division is not. But it is confusing sometimes, as Ruthless-RKO mentioned. It is weird how they make it a division of it's own at certaintimes, and like a mid-card secondary title at others. It's probably just bad booking above anything else and now since the Global Title is in TNA it should be a mid-card.

I say that the Jr. Heavyweights would be my second Liger. I have always enjoyed these guys, because they would always put on a show more than the cruiserweights do, but they would be more athletic and also tell a better story. But I've always liked the X-Division because Junior Heavys, like the rest of the divisions, are limited in their weight class to who can compete. The X-Division is not. But it is confusing sometimes, as Ruthless-RKO mentioned. It is weird how they make it a division of it's own at certaintimes, and like a mid-card secondary title at others. It's probably just bad booking above anything else and now since the Global Title is in TNA it should be a mid-card.
Exactly, inconstancy is stupid and damaging. I don't mind the idea of weight classes as I see it rectifying two problems that greatly need to be addressed.
One; often times you see the larger athletes, up to and including the vaunted "Super Heavy Weights" like Kane, Show, Henry, Khali etc., being fed what most would consider a Jr/Lt. Heavy Weight in a so called "squash" match. The problem of course being that it doesn't make the bigger man look that much stronger, as most people would assume that he could/should easily defeat the Jr., and even worse it makes the Jr. look terrible. Weight classed (even if it was only 2) would clear that all up and avoid those situations. Also it would somewhat legitimize the athletic competition component of Sport Entertainment as even MMA and Boxing events prescribe to weight divisions.
Two; promotions like WWE already revolve around the Heavy Weights roster to such an egregious extend that taking away a division specifically for the Jr.s just buries them even farther down the line of importance and reduces their role to little more than cannon fodder for the "big guys". Having Lt. Heavy Weights that are credibly booked and made to look competent would just add to the overall value of the show.
That's not to say that a Heavy can't mix it up with a Lt. Heavy but rather that when those events happens they should actually mean something because they are perhaps a bit more rare and will display men who have both been booked to look strong within their respective divisions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back