• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Cris Collinsworth on Peyton Manning

No Count Pup

Just call on me brother
Cris Collinsworth did one of his trademark soliloquies on Sunday. His praise for Peyton Manning was effusive. Despite the fact that Manning was on the verge of another one and done playoff performance, Collinsworth could do nothing but gush. CC said that Manning's performance against the Colts would not change his views towards Manning at all. Manning looked like a shell of his former self and couldn't throw the ball down the field for all the chicken parms in the world.

Is there anything Peyton Manning can do to curry disfavor from the broadcast media? Last year before the Super Bowl analysts were saying if Peyton were to get one more ring he'd be the greatest QB of all time. What happened? He orchestrated one of the worst SB loses in recent memory. Super Bowl analysts across all major networks and sports channels, the dissociative and disingenuous alike, coddled Manning saying his glaring defeats didn't impact his legacy.

I like Peyton Manning. He appears to be a good person. But in terms of legacy, he can't win in the playoffs. Do you second the announcers who praise Manning unconditionally, or do you think a more sobering assessment is warranted? What is Peyton Manning's legacy, and is he one of the top five quarterbacks of all-time?

He is easily one of the top 5 QBs of all time for me. I would never put him at #1 though because of his playoff record. That said, even though he's lost 2, even getting to 3 Super Bowls isn't an easy task.

About the media's love for him. He's a first ballot HOFer and a very likable guy. It won't do anyone any good to go off on how he's such a loser/choker/failure in the playoffs. But I guarantee you if you were to sit those same media people down and ask them if he was the greatest of all time, many would say exactly what I said about his postseason record.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back