Creepy or Cool: David Wooderson

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmt225

Global Moderator
Dazed and Confused, in my opinion, is the greatest high school movie ever made. It's also highly popular, even amongst us here at Wrestlezone Forums. So, I thought this topic would actually get some discussion, unlike my attempt at the Bateman/DeLarge thread.

With that said, let's hear what you have to say about this man...

5txqwn.jpg

David Wooderson.

Now, when it comes to various opinions of this character in the movie, you either share the opinion of Mike Newhouse and Tony Olson that David is nothing more than a creep with no life, or you share the opinions of pretty much every other kid in the film, that the dude is simply a cool cat.

It's hard to say which opinion is right, because if you watch the movie, Wooderson is a very likable guy. He's someone any of us would have loved to hung around with in high school. The guy can get any chick he wants, can buy us things we wouldn't be able to because of our age, seems to know everyone, etc. But, if you look at the film as an adult, you can sympathize with those who feels he's a pathetic loser, who should be put away in jail. Take this quote, for example:

"That's what I love about these high school girls, man. I get older, they stay the same age."

On one hand, that's the coolest, funniest statement you ever heard in your life, yet on the other hand... do you want your daughter or little sister being around someone like that while she's in high school?

To me, it's a very intriguing character that can make you think if you sit back and reflect on the film. And that's what I ask of you fellow Dazed and Confused fans. Sit there and think. Should we actually like David Wooderson, or should we despise him? Is the character truly "cool," or is down right "creepy"? Let me hear what you have to say...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back