Countdown Shows.

Cvaldezjr04

Occasional Pre-Show
Does anybody remember the 30 minute countdown shows before the ppvs? where they would have interviews backstage, in the arena. Where on the top of the screen it would say "wrestlemania will begin in 30:00" and from there it would just countdown???? they used it to get people to order the ppv right before it started. I was just watching the one for wrestlemania 6, It was too cool, brought back a lot of good memories when wrestling was in its' golden era....so 2 questions here, which do you remember? and would something like that work now, even if it were only for Wrestlemania?

TNA had one of these for Lockdown this year, had the pre-show dark match and stuff on the PPV channel for free before the actual PPV started.

I'd rather them bring back Sunday Night Heat just as a countdown show.

Back in the day, Heat would always get me hyped for a pay per view. The promos, the interviews, the increased buildup, the feel that it was gonna be a big night, card run downs, a peak at what the set would look like, and even some matches to set the tone for the night.

I loved Heat. Wish they'd bring it back.

I was always too poor to actually get the Pay Per Views, so Sunday Night Heat for me was the greatest thing ever. I got to see the entrance ramp for the night, the ring setup, and get a feel for how the night was going to go (and what I'd be missing). I remember a few times things happening on Heat that affected the pay per view, like someone getting jumped backstage or an injury that might end up canceling the match. I wouldn't know what happened until the next day so I'd go to bed crazy excited to talk to everyone at school got to see or read about it.

I forgot how much fun Sunday Night Heat could be. They defiantly need to bring back the countdown shows, especially for the Rumble this year. I remember as a kid the countdown show is where everyone drew numbers for the Royal Rumble, it was a great way to get people pumped for the match.

Does anybody remember the 30 minute countdown shows before the ppvs? where they would have interviews backstage, in the arena. Where on the top of the screen it would say "wrestlemania will begin in 30:00" and from there it would just countdown???? they used it to get people to order the ppv right before it started. I was just watching the one for wrestlemania 6, It was too cool, brought back a lot of good memories when wrestling was in its' golden era....so 2 questions here, which do you remember? and would something like that work now, even if it were only for Wrestlemania?

The Countdown shows are actually still around, they are shown in the UK prior to the PPVs shown on Box Office which basically just tells recaps... as well as the order now, order now thing for minutes on end.

Heat should come back, it was and still is a stupid decision to get rid of it. People talk about certain wrestlers missing PPV's, Heat was the perfect solution. A couple of matches containing those who couldn't be on the PPV card... giving them some exposure (and if like many PPV's, matches aren't decided until the final card, allow air time to build up why it is on at the PPV). At the same time, fill the rest of the time with interviews and build up to the PPV matches

as long as its not todd pettingal wandering the halls interviewing pointless people while not letting them get a word in then im all for it

I agree the countdown/pre shows were great. Loved them. They did their jobs to get your excited and to order the ppv last minute. They need to bring them back in the USA. Loved Sunday night Heat as well. They should cancel nxt and bring back Heat. but im sure it wont come to that because im sure the wwe will be able to have tons of shows and pre shows for ppvs when their netowrk launches mid next year!!! So welcome back heat or at least countdown shows for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back