Could the Ministry of Darkness Work Now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

quink987

Pre-Show Stalwart
Ok here me out here with Undertaker only Competing at Wrestlemania's from now on could his star power and great mic skills be used to put over talent with a new and improved Ministry of Darkness stable, because with Undertaker as the leader and telling his minions to do his dirty work could really get over other wrestlers as legit badass and they could get a rub off the Undertaker and plus it keeps him on TV and if he turned heel would be the biggest shocker in the last 10 years, so if you look at who you could put in thier the likes of Skip Sheffelid (would get the rub as the power house and would push him quicker into the main event) Tyler Rek's (lgot the look of a legit monster would gain alot by being involved with Undertakers group) Michael Tarver(being involved in this group would push him into the Mid-card title picture)

so what do you think?

Ok here me out here with Undertaker only Competing at Wrestlemania's from now on could his star power and great mic skills be used to put over talent with a new and improved Ministry of Darkness stable, because with Undertaker as the leader and telling his minions to do his dirty work could really get over other wrestlers as legit badass and they could get a rub off the Undertaker and plus it keeps him on TV and if he turned heel would be the biggest shocker in the last 10 years, so if you look at who you could put in thier the likes of Skip Sheffelid (would get the rub as the power house and would push him quicker into the main event) Tyler Rek's (lgot the look of a legit monster would gain alot by being involved with Undertakers group) Michael Tarver(being involved in this group would push him into the Mid-card title picture)

so what do you think?

I don't think it would work nowadays, with due respect to the Taker, he's not as scary nowadays as he was in the original "Lord of Darkness" days of the late 90s or even 10 years ago.

That and the current WWE audience are too young to care, all they want is wall to wall Cena.

No offence but this is a stupid thread. And I'll tell you why

(1) The Undertaker is not scary any like what ( Rich the UK wwe fan ) said

(2) The Undertaker is not on a full time shift anymore and if your going to start a stable up and a have a leading wrestler he has to be there every week for that stable to work out.

(3) The Minstry of Darkness wouldn't work in the PG Era. MOD was a TV14 stable In my opinion it was one of the greatest stables from the 90's.

(4) The Undertaker is not in his prime anymore he's (46) now you need a leader who is a dominate figure in a stable. And Undertaker was in his prime when he was in the ministry of darkness.

So to answer your question again no it wouldn't work in todays PG Era and if it did come back it would be a watered down MOD.

Honestly, I am not sure if it would work or not. But to see some characters in the wwe that are slightly less vanilla and over the top could make the programming exciting. Maybe use it as Taker finding someone to carry on where he left off. If they are going to pretty much script everything, at least make it more fun, instead cocky heel vs baby face being every one on the roster.

going to have to disagree about taker needing to be in the ring all that much for this too work, how many matches did barret have in nexus?? hardly any realy, taker could just join attacks , promos, and standing at the ramp to send the others down,
im all for it tbh!!!

Great idea, I actually think the the PG era audience would be interested. BTW the Ministry Of Darkness was tight.

How about this a minstry that feuds with taker that has a mysterious leader that nobody knows who it is. They can recruite members 1 by 1 have masked men kidnap sheffield and have a source whose face isn't show turn him evil, or into a evil mideon like they did with viscera. Then have sheffield attack reks adn bring him to the dark side than after months of feuding with taker, kane, and big show have teh source revealed and be the new undertaker and face him at wm28 but not end the streak.

If its a heel stable i would see this as the evolution type stable with undertaker as the veteran and Cody Rhodes as the leader , Ted DiBase and Luke gallows as the new acolytes

Meh, it wouldn't work just as the WWE's version of the New World Order.

1) Undertaker is not wrestling full time anymore.
2) You need some sort of "Mystical" characters do do something like this. Imagine if Batista (as Leviathan), Kevin "Mordecai" Fertig or Winter were in the WWE in 1998-99.

"Survey says, One more for the good guys!!!" - Scott Hall
"Sorry about your damn luck !!!" - James Storm

I dont think it would work in the pg era. Because kids now a days are not like when we were little when nothing was scary i can just picture it now some 4 year old kid crying in the stands when Ministry of Darkness start to make their entrance.

YES!!! WWE needs a dominant top heel in order to bring up new faces. If Taker can get the fans to hate him and his minions, the fans will get behind anyone that tries to stop them.

Also if Taker is a heel it will add a totally new dimension to his Mania match because people will want him to loose.

I think its a great idea, but I don't see it happening because it would involve Taker being on the road and he wants to stay home with his family.

Miz Fan 4 life is kinda right 9/11 is the point where undertakers gimmick wasn't scary to kids anymore thus a heel turn was impossible , in respect to the original MoD it would not work anymore it would have to be a normal faction without the supernatural gimmick

That stable was a heel stable. Undertakers legacy is so far set in stone. You couldn't turn him heel unless you destroyed his legacy by making him a coward which basically he never was. Turn him against Cena? Umm no, the fans would boo Cena and cheer taker. Just a dumb thread bc there's no logical way to start a heel stable with Taker.

Easiest way too solve this is to christian turn heel , Y2J return have him run program against christian with Y2j as a face Christan gathers those like minded heels major program for at least 3 months Y2J heel turn , y2j faction versus the new ministry faction . undertaker beats Y3J( that's on purpose) at wrestlemania we continue the feud for their whoever is number two in the MoD hopefully Kane continues the feud increase the profile of the wrestler who got overlooked at raw apart from Mark Henry who should work out his current storyline then become agent/ manager

1)It definetly wouldn't work in the PG era. The Ministry of Darkness sacrificed people, and kidnapped wrestlers. Could you imagine that today? Kids would have nightmares and PC soccer-mum sad asses would complain.

2)The Ministry of Darkness wouldn't be the same without 'Taker. He's leaving soon and only shows up for like 2 months for the rtwm anyway. Undertaker isn't scary anymore TBH.

Just out of curiosity, exactly WHO got over as a result of being a part of the original Ministry other than the Undertaker? The only guys who were involved in that stable who went on to success (JBL, Edge & Christian) did so with gimmicks that had nothing to do with their time in the Ministry.

Nope wouldnt as
1) been done before
2) It isnt the right time in the current PG era
3) All the little kids who are most of the crowd dont really care about anyone but Cena and who he feuding with, so it wouldn't be able to get over as well.
4) Taker is really just a beat up old wrestler now and wouldnt have the effect he did back in the day (all respect to the legendary dead man)

I don't think it would work in all honesty, but as a fan of this gimmick I will try and think about a way it could be done. Let's look at this from both angles.

Ways to try and make it work

1) Retain the cult feel
It was, essentially, a cult. Except one thing they didn't really show that much was the members' reverence of the Undertaker. If they do it again, Undertaker needs to take a bunch of nobody green-ass jobbers, turn them into mega-badasses, but then they need to worship the ground he walks on. Bow down at his entrance, kiss his damn shoes.

2) Lose the 'powers' element
Come on now, this isn't the 90s anymore. A good way to get Undertaker's heeldom back would be to oust him as a phony with no real powers at all, but a very smart phony who's good at getting people to believe in him. The jobbers flock to a guy who can bring them into the spotlight, and boom, new Ministry.

3) Choose the members carefully and intentionally as guys who will eventually be pushed
Because otherwise, what's the point? I would say no more than 5 members myself, hard to have large differences between them in today's environment.

Now let's go to the flipside.

Reasons it wouldn't work

1) Two stables already
In the Corre and the Nexus, one on each show. If you have too many, in addition to the brand split, people get confused.

2) Neither of those two are that dominant
How has either side affected the ME scene in the last 3 months? Whatever Punk does in ME he does without Nexus, Barrett hasn't sniffed ME in ages. And now we're adding a third to the mix. Where have we got time for a third faction?

3) It's a rehashing of a 90s thing
And it's never as good the second time around.

4) How do you turn Undertaker heel again?
I really think he's just too far gone as a face. He's now one of those irreversible faces.

So all in all, I think it's a nice idea, but not an altogether practical one at this time.

I don't think the Ministry of Darkness could work today. For one thing, the WWE is currently PG. Even though content on Raw has had more of an edge to it, portrayal of "occult activities" is something that is definitely beyond the PG scope. Back during the days of the Attitude Era, The Undertaker's character during the Ministry of Darkness days was one of the most controversial aspects of the day. Even though there was no mention of Satanic worship or anything like that, it's pretty obvious that was what the WWF wanted to infer. Taker speaking in tongues, holding "sacrificies" and "blood rituals" was designed to contjure up images of devil worship in the minds and eyes of viewers. The WWF got a lot of criticism back in the day for that, so you can just imagine what kind it'd get today. For instance, you had anti-smoking advocates and groups coming out of the woodwork blasting WWE for R-Truth lighting up a cigarette on the episode of Raw that was taped in London a while back. You've had GLAAD jump all over them because John Cena refered to himself as a purple pinwheel and that The Rock should blow him. I guess the gay & lesbian community believes it holds some sort of monopoly over any and all things that are purple or something.

The point is that society today is far more politically correct and generally conservative than we were a decade or so ago. If people are getting bent out of shape for minor incidents such as the two I mentioned, just think of how much criticism & pressure the WWE would face by portraying "Satanic" rituals on television.

On top of that, there's virtually no way of turning The Undertaker heel at this point. Truth is, most people don't want to see him turn heel. Most people want him exactly the way he is for the rest of his career. And, the truth is, that's probably the right thing to do. We probably won't lay eyes on Taker again until its time to start the heavy hype & build up for WM 28. He'll make some grand & dramatic return, the fans will go absolutely nuts like they always do, Taker will be portrayed as the legendary & revered wrestling icon that he is and everyone will go home happy. It's a formula that's working and working well, so I don't look for WWE to alter it.

How about this;
The undertaker feuding with a ministry of darkness wanting to eliminate him.
Leader - Seth Rollins (repackage him with a undertaker like gimmick)
Midcarder - Tyler Reks
Muscle - Skipp Sheffield
Tag Team - Curt Hawkins and Trent Baretta

Have them feud with the undertaker and be more like a mix between ravens flock and the undertakers ministry

-the ministry of darkness was in the attitude era. now its all about the kids, plus undertaker has maybe 1 more match, plus the wwe would be throwing large wads of cash at the deadman to have him dress up and do promos.

-besides, we have a locker room full of heels and only a small amount of faces, to get a big push you need reaction and to be in good with the higher up guys. so you get a heel to run out and help some faces, now they are getting reactions. now they are getting popular, gaining attention. ok thats just for faces of course.

-as for heels, well over half the locker room are heels now adays. honestly just send them out and get their boos, and beat up a face or 2, and cut a lame boring promo, oh and give the audience a reason to scream what!! now they get attention. show that you wanna be there and wanna be big and wala, talented or not (like the miz being untalentedand still holding the wwe belt) you are getting pushed.

I think it could work. it would be very much different from the original ministry but something along those lines (toned down to fit the current era) could and would work in my opinion. The undertaker does not have to wrestle week in and week out.. he can do most of his work out of the ring as the leader. He can even do a lot of it through titontron promos and not even be there and it would still work if done well.

Also it does not even have to be a heel stable nowdays. Vampires have long since become good guys with the new generation..a far cry from days gone by. A stable made up of dark yet face characters would not be too far fetched.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back