• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Could Kevin Thorn Have Been An Attraction For WWE's Kid-Friendly Approach?

Viola Moonlight

I'm Literally Just Here for WZCW
Kevin Thorn, as many of you may know, played the role as a Vampire for most of his initial stint where he got a good run as apart of the New Breed going against the ECW Originals in a feud. He did pretty well in playing the gimmick and had his moments, but after this whole thing fizzled out... Thorn just slowly sunk until his release.

Fast forwarding to the present, we now find ourselves in a kid-friendly era, or something to attract the kids anyway. As the gimmick itself, whatever Thorn (& Ariel) could have done would not be considered appropriate television. However... outside of wrestling, what has been one of the biggest "fads" going around that has a huge children fanbase in relation to Kevin Thorn? A little known thing called "Twilight."

Where I am ultimately going with this is, if Kevin Thorn was to have stuck around as the Vampire gimmick up until the introduction of Twilight, could Kevin Thorn have been involved or been manipulated to attract the children audience to the WWE simply because of the relation between the two? In other words, would Kevin Thorn's gimmick be enough to hook or target a children's niche audience into the WWE?

Your thoughts, please.

It's possible. I saw the first Twilight movie, and thought it was absolutely horrible, but from what I see on TV, it seems to be very popular among the kids and teenagers. Although, if I remember correctly, Thorn's version of a vampire was more darker from what I saw in the Twilight movie, so I'm not sure kids would've went nuts for it.

For something like this to have worked back then, Thorn's character would have to almost be a perfect imitation of what the Twilight films version is. I'm sure some of the younger audience would've took notice to it, but I don't think anything HUGE would've came of it.

I really liked Thorn's character. His vampire character could easily have been interesting to the younger crowd along with WWE's kid-friendly approach because supernatural things like vampires are very interesting at all ages. Thorn could REALLY have been in for a big push by the time Twilight came out if he was still around. He could have gone the route of showing people what a "real" vampire is. This would probably have turned him tweener because all the Twilight fans would be mad at him, but people like me who didn't like Twilight would get a laugh or two out of it. He could have some decent promos along the lines of this:

"You see this? (points to himself) I am a REAL vampire! REAL vampires, if they go outside in the sun THEY DIE. (Here he changes his tone to sound really silly to add more to the next line) In Twilight, they SPARKLE. (Returns to normal tone) So if you want to see what REAL vampires can do, then watch me go for the ECW Championship!".

Obviously he would probably say something different, but that's the general idea of what he could say in the promo. It would be really entertaining and a perfect way to push him if he was still around. Ariel could join in as well and make remarks mocking the Bella character from Twilight too.

It's too bad Thorn wasn't around when Twilight came out so we won't know if this would happen but I would have enjoyed it and it'd be a great way to push him to an ECW Championship shot or something, but I doubt much else would have really happened because we all know things didn't work out for Thorn in WWE.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back