• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Could Jack Swagger vs Brock Lesnar Happen?

BringThePain834

Getting Noticed By Management
Do you feel that there's any chance, even just a decent one, that Jack Swagger could get a world title shot against Brock Lesnar at some point in the near future? I know he might seem like a pretty unlikely candidate to get a match with The Beast himself, but if you look over the entire roster, Lesnar REALLY needs some decent opponents if he's gonna keep the strap all the way until WrestleMania XXXI.

At least Jack Swagger is still over with his patriotic character and "We... The People!" chant. Plus, he was protected in all of his losses against Rusev. He also has a collegiate amateur wrestling background just like Lesnar (Brock is a former NCAA Champion, and Swagger's wiki page says that he scored a record for most pins as an All-American in a single season, something not even Lesnar did), and we know it could be a good/great match. There's also recent history between Heyman and Colter. Colter can mock Heyman for how he stole Cesaro from him earlier in the year and it didn't work out for him in the long run, and now in return Swagger is gonna take the championship from Brock Lesnar. If Swagger and Lesnar were to have a stand-off on Raw and Swagger ended up out-wrestling and embarrassing him, it could get him a big reaction and piss Lesnar off royally.

I know some would still question if it could carry a PPV as the headline attraction, but if that's a concern, then it could always happen at the Royal Rumble since the Rumble match will be the main attraction that night anyway. I mean really, who wouldn't want to see Heyman and Colter go at it on the mic again?

Yeah, I remember attending that. That was the one week they did one of those double tapings due to a tour to Hawaii the next day which Ryback ended up getting injured which kept him out until some time after WM 28

I'm of the opinion that Swagger vs. Lesnar is a feud where there's even less money to be made than the alleged feud between Big Show & Lesnar that was reported to be in the works. At least Big Show has been booked as an upper mid-card to main event level threat over the past several years and, as a result, has credibility that Swagger himself has never had. Since we already saw Lesnar destroy Big Show back in January, I see no real reason for this feud to happen.

As far as Swagger goes, while he has regained some credibility and has actually gotten over pretty well as a babyface the past few months, he's very much grounded within the middle of the card. IF WWE is going to keep the title on Lesnar to WrestleMania XXXI, there are several guys on the roster who're likely to draw more money than Swagger would feuding with Lesnar. At this point in time, Lesnar feuding with Ambrose, Rollins, Reigns, Big Show, Daniel Bryan when he returns, Sheamus, Cesaro or a few others would have much more of an impact than Swagger.

With all that being said, there's a MINOR possibility that WWE could turn Swagger around, build him up as a huge babyface force, book him strongly over the next 5 months or so and have him challenge Lesnar for WrestleMania XXXI. There's always a chance, no matter how slim, but it's almost certainly not gonna happen with Swagger. Swagger torpedoed the biggest push of his career over 1.5 years ago by getting arrested for DUI after SmackDown! tapings in Mississippi. If reports are accurate, Swagger was penciled into take the World Heavyweight Championship from Alberto Del Rio at WrestleMania 29, which obviously didn't happen.

Even if WWE officials were willing to move past that and let it lie, there's still a huge hurdle: the inconsistent booking of Vince McMahon. He's notorious for changing his mind numerous times, sometimes throughout a single day, on things and it gets even worse during WrestleMania season. Vince might agree to an idea suggested to him by Triple H on Swagger at 9 am on Monday morning only for Vince to have completely changed his mind about it before noon, then spend the rest of the day on the fence. Then, he might spend the next few weeks going back & forth before ultimately making a decision but, by then, the damage may have already been done to the push with fans growing disinterested. Rather than take any responsibility for it himself, he's more likely to chalk it up to the reservations he may have had being correct, lay the blame on Swagger, wash his hands of the whole thing and move onto something else.

Triple H is a far more stable booker than Vince is at this point. NXT has much more consistent booking with Triple H running things and while Vince could ultimately step in, he's content to allow things to go as they are. Not suggesting that Triple H doesn't make mistakes and doesn't make the right decisions sometimes, but he comes off as someone who doesn't frequently go back and forth on his decisions. He makes a call, gives it time to be fleshed out and see what happens without accidentally sabotaging it. There are some extended periods in which Raw has much more consistent booking in which Vince's creative input is at a minimum or he's into the ideas presented to him and then there are others in which a number of segments have his fingerprints all over them.

Didn't mean to get off subject, I'm just not confident that WWE would be able to consistently book Swagger for the next 5 months or so to a level where he could be built into a believable threat to Lesnar. At least, I'm not all that confident so long as Vince is the one making the final decision.

Would be a hard sell atm, the image of Swagger getting beaten by Rusev is still pretty fresh and that feud being so one-sided against Swagger doesn't help. And since Brock is shown as a much more dominate opponent than Rusev, I don't think people would think Swagger has even the tiniest chance of beating Brock.

But then again at this point it's very hard to imagine anyone not named Reigns to realistically dethrone Lesnar, so I guess as a filler opponent they can do worse than Swagger. Least he bound to put on a better match than Brock's next rumored opponent(Big Show) and Zeb will put out better promos too.

Matches against Brock Lesnar, in the current role he's in, are reserved for top tier, elite talent. Brock Lesnar is being paid lucratively on a part time basis in order to make more money for the company in return. There is zero chance of Jack Swagger feuding with Lesnar because there's no money in that. It's that simple. The only way that could be fathomable is if Lesnar began working full time.

This is also why I call bullshit on the Big Show feud rumors.

Matches against Brock Lesnar, in the current role he's in, are reserved for top tier, elite talent. Brock Lesnar is being paid lucratively on a part time basis in order to make more money for the company in return. There is zero chance of Jack Swagger feuding with Lesnar because there's no money in that. It's that simple. The only way that could be fathomable is if Lesnar began working full time.

This is also why I call bullshit on the Big Show feud rumors.

This guy nailed it. Lesnar/Swagger does not equal ratings and certainly doesn't equal money. Though, I do consider Big Show top tier, elite talent. I'm opposed to the match, but Show is a credible enough opponent for Lesnar.

Since I don't believe we are going to see Brock again after NoC or maybe Raw next week, I don't see him having the title let alone wrestling anyone until Mania.

If the rumor that he is willing to work more appearances and wrestle more PPVs are true then Swagger doesn't seem like a likely option. They haven't done much to build Swagger up despite his popularity. Not that I can blame WWE, his popularity looks like it will be very short lived and his feud with Bo Dallas has more to do with developing Bo as opposed to building up Swagger. Throw in his losses to Rusev and Henry playing the patriotic character and I don't see Swagger going anywhere. Just like if Brock keeps the title at NoC I don't see anyone have a realistic chance of beating him until Mania so why bother. Might as well not even watch until it is time to see if he would face The Rock or Reigns at Mania.

I couldn't see it. They'd definitely put on a great match. They both got that wrestling background and stiff.

I wish Brock wrestled on RAW so we could atleast see that match up. At this point of Swagger's career, I doubt we'll ever see him in the World Title scene again. He'll be lucky to win the US title

Do you feel that there's any chance, even just a decent one, that Jack Swagger could get a world title shot against Brock Lesnar at some point in the near future? I know he might seem like a pretty unlikely candidate to get a match with The Beast himself, but if you look over the entire roster, Lesnar REALLY needs some decent opponents if he's gonna keep the strap all the way until WrestleMania XXXI.

The simple answer to this is no. Swagger isn't nearly on the same level as Lesnar is and doesn't stand a chance of getting a match, much less a title shot.

Shit Cena is having issues getting him in the ring and he's the number one contender right now. Lesnar might show up, doesn't mean he's gonna wrestle though.

It could definitely happen.... As an opening match on WWE Superstars. Swagger sucks and no one cares about him. He can't move the needle in the ratings.

Had Swagger won the feud against Rusev, a feud with Brock would have been believable since Jack has a legit wrestling background and has beaten Cain Velasquez in the past so Colter could have brought that up during the angle but considering how Rusev beat him decisively, a feud with him would be a step down for Brock.

I think a Rusev vs Lesnar feud would be epic at this point in time. Lesnar doesn't really have to turn face. He doesn't have to stand up for America, he just needs to show Rusev who is on top of the food chain. A closely fought, physical match with Lesnar would establish Rusev as a credible monster even if he loses and ending yet another undefeated streak would make Brock's reign look more dominant compared to feuding with someone like Big Show.

As the old saying Never say never.. Swagger would have to be booked very strongly to face Lesnar.. So strong in fact,stronger than DB was IMO.. Swagger Vs Lesnar does not equal money at all.. I think its a remote possiblity,but Swags belongs on the Mid-card scene and really nothing more..

He literally pissed away his chance at around WM29 time when he got busted for DUI.. If reports are accurate he was to win the title from ADR but sadly that never happened and that was the time of zeb and Jack anit-immigration ordeal.. I dont think it is a possibility,and if all else fails blame swagger the way they did the Miz at survivor Series 2011 i believe it was..

If Lesnar does stick around and work until Mania then I think it's possible. Swagger is a face and is one of the few who match up physically with Lesnar. I think it's possible to build up Swagger as a threat to Lesnar. Both guys have mouth pieces to carry the feud on the mic. I'd rather see some some new opponents for Lesnar instead of seeing him face The Big Show yet again.

I like the idea of a Lesnar V Swagger match at some point, I think it could be a good short term feud and I'd rather see this than Lesnar V Bigshow!

It would probably be a great match. It could kinda be like a dream rivalry or one that just doesn't get over. Swagger will perform well in the matches for sure. Brock is great in the ring, but his matches with Cena and Taker haven't been very good TV because he is so dominant. With it being WWE and all, I wonder if there are making him that dominant or does he just not want to have it look like he's getting beat up by wrestlers when he was a big MMA champ?? Or does he just not wanna put forth the energy to have a long action packed match? A lot of questions still exist about Lesnar's level commitment to entertaining WWE fans.

But if he truly does put a good match on, Swagger would be a good possibility for someone that would test Brock. This match up could be the two best managers and talkers in the business and two of the top in ring guys putting together wrestling greatness.

Swagger has been getting a very good reaction from the crowd lately, but maybe they are cheering for America over Russia. I'm not convinced that Swagger is over enough to have a title shot. If he keeps gaining momentum, I am all for him getting this shot.

As a fan I would love to see that. So sick of people talking about money and ratings. That shouldn't have anything to do with what you'd like to see as a fan. What you wanna see as a fan is what you find entertaining. I for one have always liked both swagger and lesnar and would be thrilled to see them go at it

I can see it happening, just not on a PPV. It would be a nice rub for Swagger on a Raw episode though. Maybe Heyman issues an open challenge saying that Lesnar beat everyone and Swagger answers the call. Have him fight hard, reverse a few suplexes, have a couple nearfalls, maybe even kick out of an F5, but eventually lose. That would definitely raise the stock of Swagger. So, yes, it could happen, but I just don't see it on a PPV

I can see it happening, just not on a PPV. It would be a nice rub for Swagger on a Raw episode though. Maybe Heyman issues an open challenge saying that Lesnar beat everyone and Swagger answers the call. Have him fight hard, reverse a few suplexes, have a couple nearfalls, maybe even kick out of an F5, but eventually lose. That would definitely raise the stock of Swagger. So, yes, it could happen, but I just don't see it on a PPV

This.

This should happen

Jack Swagger is "over" only to the extent that the audience gets another chance to celebrate American patriotism when he shows up. As a competitor who wins matches and gets ahead in the division, the guy is nowhere. Last night on Smackdown (9/19/14) we saw him defeated cleanly by Bo Dallas, for cryin' out loud. For all the fuss and flag-waving we saw in in his feud with Rusev, the fact is that Jack lost all their matches.

So, I can't imagine how they'd ever be able to sell Swagger as an opponent for Brock Lesnar. Heaven knows WWE has been trying to find a way for years now to get Jack over with the fans, but although he's a fine technical wrestler, he's about as interesting and inspiring as a glass of water.

There are actually very few people qualified to mix it up with Brock, which is a problem WWE is continually addressing....... but I can't envision a scenario in which Jack Swagger ever rises to the challenge.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back