• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Conor McGreggor Retires

At first glance I was sure he was messing with us, but Ariel Helwani has tweeted that multiple sources are confirming it's legit and his coach just also tweeted something to the effect of "It was fun while it lasted." Many have observed that Conor just witnessed a friend die after taking a lot of punishment in a fight and perhaps has decided to preserve his long term health by stepping away now.

Conor is Conor and he'd do something like this just for a laugh, but there's at least some indication this is legit, and if it is it would go down as one of the most significant earlier retirements in sports history.

I'll believe it when UFC announces that Diaz/McGregor is off.

Everyone is talking about this right now. It's a brilliant job if he's just trying to get people talking about him. McGregor is a big loss for UFC if it's true he's retired.

Edit: Joao Carvalho is the guy who died following his TKO loss. It's understandable, especially since McGregor was ringside I believe, that this might have caused him to start rethinking fighting.

According to ESPN just now, he has been pulled from his fight at UFC 200 with Diaz, who also tweeted out today that he will be retiring.

I'm seeing that he refused to show up to the press conference in Las Vegas and that's why he's been pulled from the fight. I guess him being pulled could be the reason for his retirement rather than his retirement being the reason he's been pulled from UFC 200.

Looks like it was a disagreement that has gotten way out of hand. McGregor didn't want to show up to promote the fight and ends up retiring. That's so stupid on his part if true.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back