Conan O' Brien to TBS!

Dr. Stinger A. Zoidberg

Stay in school and don't litter.
http://www.fancast.com/blogs/2010/t...-tbs-his-new-late-night-home/?cmpid=FCST_hero

NEW YORK — Late-night mainstay Conan O’Brien is headed to TBS to resume his comedic duties with a talk show expected to debut in November, the network says.

The program will air Mondays through Thursdays at 11 p.m. Eastern, shifting TBS’ ‘Lopez Tonight,’ starring George Lopez, to midnight.

Monday’s surprise announcement hit the same day O’Brien starts a two-month, nationwide comedy tour in Eugene, Ore., amid persistent reports that he was likely to claim Fox as his new late-night home.

Barring Fox, syndication was widely considered O’Brien’s most likely option. Few if anyone mentioned TBS as a plausible destination.

O’Brien began serious talks with TBS just last week, the network said.

“In three months, I’ve gone from network television to Twitter to performing live in theaters, and now I’m headed to basic cable,” O’Brien said in a tongue-in-cheek-toned statement. “My plan is working perfectly.”

O’Brien left NBC in January after hosting ‘The Tonight Show‘ for just eight months, as his ratings plunged from those of his longtime ‘Tonight’ predecessor, Jay Leno, who reclaimed the hour. Until last June, O’Brien had followed Leno as host of ‘Late Night’ since 1993.

OBrien’s parting deal bars him from appearing on TV until September.

Hell Yeah!!

Actually, the more I think of it, the more I like this for Conan. There's a lot less pressure on him than it would be on Fox. The only place to go is up.

Plus, according to this: http://www.deadline.com/2010/04/conan-obrien-makes-tbs-deal/

Conan has basically everything he wants.

1. Owns the show.
2. Gets to stay in Los Angeles.
3. Gets a long-term deal for over $10 million a year.
4. Gets the same production budget he had on the Tonight Show(!!!)
5. Gets more creative freedom with less ratings pressure.
6. Gets instant 100% clearance on a station with a young audience and perfect lead-ins for him.
7. Gets a HUGE promotional push.
8. Gets a network with the executives 100% behind him.

Also, George Lopez was the one who wanted this to happen more than anything. He talked to Conan and gave his blessing.

Actually, the more I think of it, the more I like this for Conan. There's a lot less pressure on him than it would be on Fox. The only place to go is up.

Plus, according to this: http://www.deadline.com/2010/04/conan-obrien-makes-tbs-deal/

Conan has basically everything he wants.

1. Owns the show.
2. Gets to stay in Los Angeles.
3. Gets a long-term deal for over $10 million a year.
4. Gets the same production budget he had on the Tonight Show(!!!)
5. Gets more creative freedom with less ratings pressure.
6. Gets instant 100% clearance on a station with a young audience and perfect lead-ins for him.
7. Gets a HUGE promotional push.
8. Gets a network with the executives 100% behind him.

Also, George Lopez was the one who wanted this to happen more than anything. He talked to Conan and gave his blessing.

What a great man that George Lopez is. I'll watch his show tonight now that I've read this. I respect him now.

Yes! I am so happy about this. It's about time Coco got another deal. I probably missed it somewhere, but when does his new show start?

Stupid move. ABC could have used Coco. Coco, then Kimmel. Man. Jimmy Fallon would have to put "Lick it for Ten" as Adults Only to even survive that onslaught.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back