Computer related Question/s

Sparky

Master of the Aussie kiss
I'm sick of asking and replying in the non spam thread. So instead of boosting my post count up, I'll ask it in here, hopefully someone will be able to answer.

Is it possible that a battery can cause a laptop to play up? Last year, my laptop wouldn't turn on, for three days. (I had it plugged in via the cord.) I ended up fixing it by removing the battery and plugging the cord back in leaving it on and I then put the battery back in and it worked like nothing had happened. now, today if I have the battery plugged in, it makes the computer hopelessly slow, and it crashes non stop if the battery is in...

the fuck? I thought a battery was only another source of power.

I'm sick of asking and replying in the non spam thread. So instead of boosting my post count up, I'll ask it in here, hopefully someone will be able to answer.

Is it possible that a battery can cause a laptop to play up? Last year, my laptop wouldn't turn on, for three days. (I had it plugged in via the cord.) I ended up fixing it by removing the battery and plugging the cord back in leaving it on and I then put the battery back in and it worked like nothing had happened. now, today if I have the battery plugged in, it makes the computer hopelessly slow, and it crashes non stop if the battery is in...

the fuck? I thought a battery was only another source of power.
If the machine is getting intermittent sources of power, it could affect things. You have to remember, a computer is composed of many different parts, many times moving parts, all of which need power to operate. If you turn on a light bulb and it doesn't have enough power to sustain the wattage, the light bulb flickers correct? Same concept.

I'm not saying that IS what is causing the problem, but I suppose it is a possibility.

So seeing my laptop works perfectly fine without the battery and only plays up if the battery is in, I just replace the battery?

So seeing my laptop works perfectly fine without the battery and only plays up if the battery is in, I just replace the battery?
You could try. I'm not great with the hardware aspects of computers, I'm more skilled in software. It's possible it's not the battery, but rather where the battery connects which is causing problems.

Depending on your machine, a battery usually costs between $50 and $100 in USD, or did last time I was looking. Find some place that has a good return policy and give it a shot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back