• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Complete Fourth Round Results

Benoit/Flair/Austin/HBK for the win I guess since all of my other choices were eliminated previously. Still rather shocked Cena beat the Rock.

You see who I'm supporting so I have to argue why Cena would beat Austin if they choose to meet

If you can guess one of the reasons I think Austin is overrated, I will mention you in my wedding vows.

Would it be the continuously great matches he had or him saving the company or him being hotter in a 2 year stretch than anyone in history?

Who thinks Rock was better than Austin? On the mic, sure. Not in the ring.

The Rock and Cena were both similar to me in the ring so I don't see why Austin couldn't put Cena down. He has lost to Orton before and to Batista cleanly, two men Austin could beat.

So Austin didn't have consistently great matches?

I need to hear this one.

Austin had great matches but I don't think he had as many as you or others might think. Problem is that the ones he has had don't get talked about as much because of the other stuff Austin did.

You have his match against Hart in WM 13 with the iconic picture of blood streaming down Austin's face. Sometimes you forget about the match itself. I never felt his WM 14 win over Michaels was that great maybe because of HBK's injury or something else. If we're considering his prime to be from 1997-2002, then I thought his best match was his 2001 one with HHH but that barely gets mentioned at all.

When I look at how great a wrestler is, I look at all the great matches that wrestler had and how he captivated the crowd each and every time he performed. I just can't see that when I watch Stone Cold. If he goes against Cena, I will argue for Cena to the death but I'm not going to complain if Austin wins.

Austin had great matches but I don't think he had as many as you or others might think. Problem is that the ones he has had don't get talked about as much because of the other stuff Austin did.

You have his match against Hart in WM 13 with the iconic picture of blood streaming down Austin's face. Sometimes you forget about the match itself. I never felt his WM 14 win over Michaels was that great maybe because of HBK's injury or something else. If we're considering his prime to be from 1997-2002, then I thought his best match was his 2001 one with HHH but that barely gets mentioned at all.

When I look at how great a wrestler is, I look at all the great matches that wrestler had and how he captivated the crowd each and every time he performed. I just can't see that when I watch Stone Cold. If he goes against Cena, I will argue for Cena to the death but I'm not going to complain if Austin wins.

...not talked about? Are you high? It's one of the most praised matches ever on here. So apparently his great stuff with Foley and Rock mean nothing, nor do the Hart Foundation feud, the other great stuff he did with HHH, the decent stuff he did with Taker, and the gimmick matches that he alone made watchable? Austin had a TON of great stuff that is remembered well.

...not talked about? Are you high? It's one of the most praised matches ever on here. So apparently his great stuff with Foley and Rock mean nothing, nor do the Hart Foundation feud, the other great stuff he did with HHH, the decent stuff he did with Taker, and the gimmick matches that he alone made watchable? Austin had a TON of great stuff that is remembered well.

I liked the stuff he did with HHH. Undertaker, not so much. I liked his matches against the Rock when they were in the midcard but not in the mainevent.

I'm putting the cart before the horse. Cena and Austin may not even face each other but if they do, that is what I'm going to touch on some.

Do you think Cena should beat Undertaker?

No but he will. Cena is the top guy in the weakest era since the new generation while taker was 2nd heel and sometimes first heel in the hottest era ever.

No but he will. Cena is the top guy in the weakest era since the new generation while taker was 2nd heel and sometimes first heel in the hottest era ever.

I would agree with you about the Taker part but most if not all of his years were medicore. Honestly I thought his best year this past decade was 2002.

Other than when he beat Hogan during Hulkamania for the world title which is bigger than Cena's Mania main events combined.

Austin put on stellar wrestling matches for well over a decade, in every promotion he wrestled for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back