Competition

Status
Not open for further replies.

famous

Dark Match Jobber
If this is the wrong area feel free to move it. Now, it is no secret that the IWC does not in the least consider TNA competition for the WWE. However after taking the "WWE needs your help" survey for Extreme Rules and answering the question of what other sports ppv's do you watch with Other Wrestling (e.g. TNA) it seems to me that while they don't consider TNA major competition, they do consider them competition.

Thoughts, rants, comments telling me how dumb I am, overly convoluted reasons whyyou think you know what's best for either company or why Hulk Hogan needs to go away?

I will never understand why people say TNA isnt competition to WWE, or Vince doesnt know it exists and crap like that,as if they know him personally and what goes through his mind. Vince-while maybe crazy is not stupid. he knows TNA is the closest to competition that he has. im sure he pays attention to them.

TNA aint competition, there just not good enough to be compared to the WWE, i mean really i remember them mocking Vince and WWE back in 2007 doing backstage stuff they got 2 guys playing Vince and HHH getting owned in the TNA locker room, but then they go on to copy them, ALOT, so what TNA really is is a punch of hypocrites, claiming they think something much much bigger than them is a joke then they copy them thats really embarrassing even for them.

The WWE does not consider TNA competition. END OF STORY.

wCw was competition because they had a TV deal, RATINGS, big stars and basically was kicking the WWE's ass for a while. TNA has a tv deal but low ratings, very few big names, they can't lure anyone away from the WWE (unless the guy is pissed at the WWE or something), not very good production value and can't sell out huge places like the WWE.

WWE is watching TNA. They're not stupid, TNA has all the people, and the structure to catch up. WWE considers anyone competition, but doesn't acknowledge them because acknowledgement gives power. Notice when WCW used to make WWF references, that WWF ratings went up? Acknowledging the other company is a good way to put butts in the seats....

now, if TNA just stops shooting itself in the foot, and Dixie steps out.

Azane, i see what you did there lol. Anyway, I see a few valid points here, it's painfully obvious that the E sees them as competition, as I'm sure that they see any company with a national show or popular ppv as competition. It's also obvious that they see TNA as the number one (however minor) competition. If that was not the case they wouldn't have used them as the only example for "other wrestling ppv". the trick to keep the viewer from checking them out is that it was on an online survey, surveys like that would be done by an adult the majority of which have probably at least checked out iMPACT at least once. Now if somehow it was a survey for children, well there is where they would pull a wCw, almost like the Byte This episode from way back when where the host told a caller "Well then go watch TNA ******".

I will never understand why people say TNA isnt competition to WWE, or Vince doesnt know it exists and crap like that,as if they know him personally and what goes through his mind. Vince-while maybe crazy is not stupid. he knows TNA is the closest to competition that he has. im sure he pays attention to them.

Vince paying attention to them doesn't mean they're competition. They're competition when they steal a significant amount of WWEs viewing figures. At the moment they little to no effect on them.

I dont think they are competition per se in that they are not going head to head and trying to steal ratings off each other, but even if only two people in the world are hard core loyal TNA fans then that is two less for WWE, so obviously they would want those two back. We dont get TNA here (New Zealand) we only get WWE, so if you are a wrestling fan you are a WWE fan you dont get a choice.
UFC, Boxing etc. I feel are definitely real competition and I know the argument that they can not be compared etc. as are different but from a personal point of view if I have $40- left for the month and can only afford one pay-per-view for the month Im probably (depending on feud, build up etc.) going to go with a UFC or a Boxing PPV. So they may not be competition to each other but surely they are all competing for my dollar at the end of the day and my dollar like most is limited, so i need to make a choice.

vince is a crazy,stupid old man whos losing it in his old age but he knws TNA is the closest competiton he has i hope TNA is able to steal away guys like Christian,CM Punk,Evan Bourne and Daniel Bryan from WWE and become a major contender to being the top show tbh i think TNA has the stars now but the problem is....they have hogan,bitchoff and russo all there if they got rid of them or just used hogan for his name but not a on screen person they would be amazing like they were in the past....TNA should partner up with ROH then Vince really would have trouble

If this is the wrong area feel free to move it. Now, it is no secret that the IWC does not in the least consider TNA competition for the WWE. However after taking the "WWE needs your help" survey for Extreme Rules and answering the question of what other sports ppv's do you watch with Other Wrestling (e.g. TNA) it seems to me that while they don't consider TNA major competition, they do consider them competition.

Thoughts, rants, comments telling me how dumb I am, overly convoluted reasons whyyou think you know what's best for either company or why Hulk Hogan needs to go away?

UFC is far bigger competition to WWE than TNA. TNA doesn't take away viewers to the scale that UFC, they got their butt kicked in early 2010 which showed plenty of people watch both, they don't travel and compete in the various markets, and so on and so on.

TNA should partner up with ROH then Vince really would have trouble

How? ROH doesn't have a tv deal and is far nowhere near a threat to WWE.

UFC is far bigger competition to WWE than TNA. TNA doesn't take away viewers to the scale that UFC, they got their butt kicked in early 2010 which showed plenty of people watch both, they don't travel and compete in the various markets, and so on and so on.

I didn't feel the need to mention UFC as they aren't "Other Wrestling" per say and had there own place in the answer for the question in the survey. Tho your point is valid, the question only pertained to the option I had in choosing "other wrestling (yes the WWE did actually use the word) with the only example being given was TNA. Another example of them being competition that i didn't think to mention is that the WWE doesn't allow the wearing of TNA merch or even (in some cases) WWE merch of talent that has jumped ship so to say, or any TNA related signs. Now, and this is something I most likely should have said to begin with, I'm am not trying to prove any point or say that TNA is a threat to WWE only that they are viewed as competition, a point i feel that in it's purest form no one can legitametely deny, no matter how they may try, TNA is the only other promotion with a cable tv deal, they are also the only company able to bring in and keep any household names for a long period of time, such as but not limited to Hulk Hogan, EB, Kevin Nash, Booker T, Austin Aries, The Hardys Kurt Angle, next weeks person (remaining nameless as they would be a spoiler), and Christian who was even the face of the company while he was there, and never forget STING, hell the list goes on. Now I know someone will say these talents are WWE rejects or to old to be relevant anymore, but these people are household names in wrestling for anyone at least my age (23) or older and TNA has/has had all these people, hell Hulk Hogan was going to join TNA in the early 2000's but something came up (I don't for the life of me remember what as this was when iMPACT was on Fox Sports and I've been drunk since then) but that was back when Hogan could still wrestle (insert Hogan could never wrestle argument here)

To be competition they have to be a threat. TNA is not a threat. WWE has their own movie production, reality shows, etc. It has became a huge conglomerate that I highly doubt any wrestling company can keep up at this point in time. Even if Cena quit and went over to TNA. WWE has excellent booking, compelling storylines, believable heels/faces, and don't get me started with merchandising. They can sell shit and call it good. TNA, on the other hand, is one show on a channel that's most viewed program is..UFC.

I'm not saying TNA is shit, on the contrary I enjoy a bit of it myself (points at avatar). But to say TNA is competition is ignoring everything WWE really is, and what TNA is not.

Vince will only be looking at them from time to time for talent, like he does with FCW and ROH. Not for one-upmanship. I don't even think he even knew TNA was running a "Second Monday Night Wars", but that's just me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back