comment for moderator on closed thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

brownf32

Occasional Pre-Show
i understand the rule if you duplicate a thread u get banned but thats the first time i've ever done that and i dont think it's right to be banned for a second offense when some people do it over and over again and get away with it. yes there are a lot of bullshit posts but i think some the moderators should actually read what someone wrote about instead of just reading the title and saying oh its too many of those threads.

the rules are simple, if you make a duplicate thread you will be banned. actually i was nice, because you should have been banned. simply use the search feature in advanced and look for your topic in the thread title. there were several New Jack threads to choose from. that's all use the search forum before creating a topic. Lastly i didn't ban you "yet", and I won't unless you continue to make repetitive threads. You got a warning, that's the rule for everybody.

I understand that you're new and I see where you're coming from, but at one time we literally have pages and pages of similar topics from posters who never bothered to read the rules. It's not that we don't try to go through every single thread, but we're not getting any cooperation from posters who simply post whatever they want to post without any regard for the rules. It became such a problem that it became impossible to go through EVERY single thread. My advise is that when starting a new thread try to distinguish from other possibly-related threads with a distinct title.

peopleschamp said:
I understand that you're new and I see where you're coming from, but at one time we literally have pages and pages of similar topics by posters who never bothered to read the rules. It's not that we don't try to go through every single thread, but we're not getting any cooperation from posters who simply post whatever they want to post without any regard for the rules. It became such a problem that it became impossible to go through EVERY single thread. My advise is that when starting a new thread try to distinguish from other possibly-related threads with a distinct title.

thank you for that answer. i went to the search feature at the top of the page and put in new jack. i went through about the first 3 or 4 page and i didnt see a single new jack thread therfore i opened a new one, i admit i probably should have went thru the rest of the pages but i didnt and it wasn't intentional.

realblackhart i did use the search feature and why "should you have banned me" for a first offense. its a difference between being nice and being an ass.

brownf32 said:
thank you for that answer. i went to the search feature at the top of the page and put in new jack. i went through about the first 3 or 4 page and i didnt see a single new jack thread therfore i opened a new one, i admit i probably should have went thru the rest of the pages but i didnt and it wasn't intentional.

realblackhart i did use the search feature and why "should you have banned me" for a first offense. its a difference between being nice and being an ass.
In realblackbart's defense, the mod staff have had to deal with a multitudes of spammers/advertisers/assholes on a daily basis (I probably ban about 10-15 users a day...all justified), and a lot of times we have to fight fire with fire. In the future if you have any concerns about the board (i.e. closed threads), feel free to PM anyone on the mod staff. Mistakes and/or misunderstandings do happen, and if you have a legitimate complaint I'm sure we'll get it straighten out.

brownf32 said:
i understand the rule if you duplicate a thread u get banned but thats the first time i've ever done that and i dont think it's right to be banned for a second offense when some people do it over and over again and get away with it. yes there are a lot of bullshit posts but i think some the moderators should actually read what someone wrote about instead of just reading the title and saying oh its too many of those threads.

To go further into what Peopleschamp said we don't exactly have the reason to weed out exceptions and so everyone (even people who have a lot of posts) get the same treatment until we can finally get the bs to stop. It sucks but you can blame the frequent violators for that. If this were a normal board without this much bs going on of course someone new would get more than one chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back